Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, 1773, 1774 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The government is requiring speed limiters on semi's

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn old two stroke is kicking my ass

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

FB Marketplace scammers

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:

You can thank the ATA for that one. American Trucking Association. You can also thank the Trucking Alliance.

You can especially thank people like:

Steve Williams, CEO of Maverick Transportation USA (https://www.maverickusa.com/):
“I’ve spent my entire career in the trucking industry. There’s simply no legitimate reason for an 80-foot tractor trailer to be driven within a few feet of other motorists, at speeds of 70 or 75 or 80 miles per hour.” Steve Williams, chairman and CEO of Maverick USA in Little Rock, Ark., co-founder and president of the Trucking Alliance and also a former chairman of the American Trucking Associations, said in a statement posted on the Trucking Alliance website.

and Chuck Hammel, el presidente of Pitt Ohio (https://pittohio.com/myPittOhio/):
“I think it’s a good idea and so does our safety group,” Chuck Hammel, president of Pitt Ohio, the nation’s 15th-largest LTL carrier, told LM. Pitt Ohio has won the prestigious ATA President’s Trophy in the Over 100 Million Miles category for truck safety multiple times. This marks the seventh time PITT OHIO has received this award; winning every year the company has been eligible. “We have had speed limiters on our trucks for many years,” Hammel said. “They are set at 67 MPH. We feel the slower everyone drives the safer the road will be.”

Don't be so quick to blame .gov for things....and it's not a law, yet...

https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/p ... s_to_fmcsa

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to see their bank accounts and where the money came from.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CQBgopher wrote:
shaggy wrote:

You can thank the ATA for that one. American Trucking Association. You can also thank the Trucking Alliance.

Steve Williams, CEO of Maverick Transportation USA (https://www.maverickusa.com/):
“I’ve spent my entire career in the trucking industry. There’s simply no legitimate reason for an 80-foot tractor trailer to be driven within a few feet of other motorists, at speeds of 70 or 75 or 80 miles per hour.” Steve Williams, chairman and CEO of Maverick USA in Little Rock, Ark., co-founder and president of the Trucking Alliance and also a former chairman of the American Trucking Associations, said in a statement posted on the Trucking Alliance website.

and Chuck Hammel, el presidente of Pitt Ohio (https://pittohio.com/myPittOhio/):
“I think it’s a good idea and so does our safety group,” Chuck Hammel, president of Pitt Ohio, the nation’s 15th-largest LTL carrier, told LM. Pitt Ohio has won the prestigious ATA President’s Trophy in the Over 100 Million Miles category for truck safety multiple times. This marks the seventh time PITT OHIO has received this award; winning every year the company has been eligible. “We have had speed limiters on our trucks for many years,” Hammel said. “They are set at 67 MPH. We feel the slower everyone drives the safer the road will be.”

Hell, even with 24.5s my ol kenworth won’t go 67 mph!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:03 am

Old Growth wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:
shaggy wrote:

Hell, even with 24.5s my ol kenworth won’t go 67 mph!

Ask these clowns if they'd like to go back to Double Nickel.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am

Watching some clips of Kari Lake talking at CPAC ---- damn - that girl is on FIRE!
I'm pissed we don't have a candidate like her running against Jay boi.... It wouldn't take much to take him out...

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:50 am

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Watching some clips of Kari Lake talking at CPAC ---- damn - that girl is on FIRE!
I'm pissed we don't have a candidate like her running against Jay boi.... It wouldn't take much to take him out...

Overcoming him in a fair election would be easy... overcoming the King County Election Fraud Machine is the hard part.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was headed up into the hills this morning to pick up the remainder of the mother load of brass I could not get last night. As many of you know the glare on those roads is horrendous and you cannot see anything at times.
Yesterday, on the way up I was almost hit by the first of five off-road vehicles like Jeeps, Toyotas and the like, that were comin down the mountain fast. BASSTURDS, slow the Fukk down!!!!
Anyways I was in one of those glare spots when I came around the corner and then there is a HUGE road grader taking up the whole road. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek I just about missed him but clipped his massive tire with my left front fender. The Subaru has considerable damage to the fender area.
I’ll tell you this, it could’ve been a lot worse because I had slowed down considerably this morning knowing that I had my granddaughter in the backseat.
Everyone is safe with no injuries. :thumbsup2:

Attachment:
B6BCB417-45C2-48D5-AD3D-B49F62F950DC.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:25 am

OUCH! Glad everyone's OK, CJ.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks diamondback, it was just a freaking tap too, not like I slammed into him doin a buck-fifty at the speedway. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad everyone is ok

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
Thanks diamondback, it was just a freaking tap too, not like I slammed into him doin a buck-fifty at the speedway. :bigsmile:

Back when I was working a detail, I always said "winning is everybody walks away with no permanent bodily harm, everything past that is a bonus." :)

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

damn caveman, as mentioned glad everyone is ok..... the car mehh it will buff out

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, 1773, 1774 ... 1908  Next