Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another disgruntled real estate agent upset because the issue was uncovered.

I tried to help him by fixing the issue, though I already knew it wouldn't be, because it was pre existing and an improper installation. (Home warranty doesn't cover pre existing). We said, heck. Let's see what we have in the truck and made an attempt.

After giving him the bad news that we couldn't fix it with what we have and the home warranty isn't going to pay us to fix it, he insisted that I was going to fix it even if I wasn't going to get paid for it. As I was trying to shut the door of my truck and leave, he firmly held the door open and didn't allow me to leave. (He was a big dude)

After my partner and I firmly stated to him multiple times and loud enough for witnesses to hear, Sir, you need to let me go, you're making me uncomfortable! This is a bad situation!"

He finally slammed the door on me, Cussed me out, and stated I'd never work work again. I guess he has that kind of power?

Anyway, needless to say, I was pretty pissed.

A day in the life...

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:06 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I've been busy trying to better myself.... figure I should engage a bit in the forums as a distraction....

and I get yelled at for something I didn't even do, and didn't even come close to saying.... but because someone gets upset.... I get the 'talking to'... .

Well if you didn't "do" it and you weren't "saying" it.....Who did and who was.... :popcorn:

Just curious.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
and I get yelled at for something I didn't even do, and didn't even come close to saying.... but because someone gets upset.... I get the 'talking to'...

I read what you wrote. It wasn't a good thing to say. You don't get to play a victim card here.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Why does paint stick to the middle of your driveway and last 25 years on the ground, no shade, no cover from the elements - But not stick well to the house and last maybe 5 years on the house? :bigsmile:

Pave your house!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Selador wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Why does paint stick to the middle of your driveway and last 25 years on the ground, no shade, no cover from the elements - But not stick well to the house and last maybe 5 years on the house? :bigsmile:

Pave your house!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Ok, that one was funny!

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
and I get yelled at for something I didn't even do, and didn't even come close to saying.... but because someone gets upset.... I get the 'talking to'...

I read what you wrote. It wasn't a good thing to say. You don't get to play a victim card here.

Yep.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

No... that's BS... but whatever..

One thing I can't stand is people telling me what I supposedly mean when I say something.

It was meant to be funny. I'm not gonna rehash it because it's already been dealt with via PM.... But this jumping to conclusions and trying to read stuff that isn't there is just BS.

That pisses me off.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

No... that's BS... but whatever..

One thing I can't stand is people telling me what I supposedly mean when I say something.

It was meant to be funny. I'm not gonna rehash it because it's already been dealt with via PM.... But this jumping to conclusions and trying to read stuff that isn't there is just BS.

That pisses me off.

That's fine that it pisses you off. If it was meant to be funny it was some spectacularly dark humor. I'm not going to get into an argument with you on open forum. I didn't remove the comment but I 100% agree that it reflected very poorly on WaGuns. If you'd like to discuss this further please PM me.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent , I will take it.

Lol

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
Apparently, I'm the cause of Global Warming....

https://sputniknews.com/science/2019071 ... -research/

"Watching adult films accounts for over 4 per cent of all carbon dioxide emissions associated with digital technologies, says a new study."

Is 4% more or less than what a cow(s) farts.....

Asking for a friend.

:ROFLMAO:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Haha no shit. The paint that I spilled on my roof 12 years ago has never gone away.

Divided we fall.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Congress is submitting a Resolution against Trumps comments about how AOC and the three others should get the fuk out......

Sooo...

What the fuk is a Resolution against a statement.

And

what frikken difference does it make....really?

and

Why the fuk is Congress wasting time and money submitting shit about Twatter statements?

....what, apparently they dont have anything else productive to do?

We gotta worry about a STUPID internet post.

THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT NOW A DAYS?

Myfukin heads gonna explode.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a continuation of a previous post which I have pared down quite a bit so that it only includes my experience with the local paint store. This all started at the end of April when I was trying to get some paint to match a some millwork I was using for a mantle....

(late April '19) "[went]..... to get me a small sample for the paint store guys to match so I could make other parts the same color as the new pre-finished ones...

Went to the Sherwin Williams store over to Bothell. It's the store that boasts of being the paint store of PROFESSIONALS... and they'z always buggin' me to come in so they can take care of my needs. So I goes ther.

Guv the guy my sample for him to match and asked him to make me an aerosol can of spray type painty-paint. He said, "sorry, old timer, we don't do that".

I said: "Hunh... the good ole Parker Paints that used to sit in this very building and served just fine until you guys bought them out, THEY used to make aerosol cans for a guy."

"Ok, then, make it brush on paint and may as well make it water based since I'm going to be disappointed anyway. Do you sell pints?"

"Nope, just quarts, for near $30 dawlirs" (I'm paraphrasing a bit)

"Ok. Guess I need a quart."

He levels a gaze at me and asks: "When do you want to pick it up?"

I explained that I was happy to wait for him to mix it and he says "Nope. It takes a DAY to mix a quart of painty-paint."

Now, I don't know if y'all have ever mixed paint. It's a laborious and time consuming process of extreme tolerances and precision. One has to wave the sample under the magical electric eye, wait about a whole ten seconds for the machine to spit out a formula and a base. Then you have to walk clear over to the shelf and pull down a whole quart of paint base, meticulously remove the lid, and add 3-to-5 DROPS of tint (of various and particular different hues) to the quart, re-seal the can and place it in a computerized machine, and shake it for 30 seconds to a minute.

But Sherwin Williams has distilled this process down to where this only takes a SINGLE DAY to achieve. Miracle of miracles. Buying a quart of paint has become a TWO day process.

Amazing.... inefficiencies I have been encountering at the various houses of supply"

It was later that day when S-W sent an email to me and asked me to describe my visit...

Needless to say I was very... frank.

Minutes after posting I recv'd an email from Mr. Michael Jiminez, the store manager, who was greatly disturbed by my poor experience and wished to make it up to me and secure my future business. He asked me to ask for him when I came in for the paint.

So I go into the store to pick up the paint and ask to speak to Mr. Jiminez. Very polite young fellow who made all sorts of excuses and apologies for the time lag in mixing a quart of paint. "To make it up to you and to encourage your business in the future, here is my card. On the back I have written a discount of 40% to use on your next purchase!"

I thank him and take my paint.

Now, S-W frequently runs 40% discounts so this wasn't that special of a discount but it would ensure that when I needed the paint, if their weekly sale wasn't in effect I wouldn't have to wait for it... ok, sure, thank you.

So I save the coupon until I needed it for a personal project... this week. I go in and select a color, express a need for 4 gallons and a 5 gallon bucket of PVA.

"Okay, says the salesman we can get that for you in TWO DAYS. (what is it with S-W and TWO DAYS?) The color is a "high reflective white". Apparently that requires some special base which they don't have... I sigh and give them the go ahead to get it since I'm not pressed for time and they are close to home...

Two days later I go in to get my paint. I walk across the parking lot to the donut shop and get a dozen donuts for the sales people and walk over to S-W... (There's a whole 'nuther wierd story connected to this too, but I'll save that for another thread...)

When I walk into the showroom there standing behind the counter is Mr. Jiminez! I say:

"Good morning, you're Mr. Jiminez, yes?"

"Why, yes, I am," says he and we proceed to get the order processed.

He punches the computer out and finall comes up with a total and I produce his business card with the notation for a 40% discount on the back and ask him to appl that to the total.

He looks at the card and says:
"That's not my hand writing. And I'm not going to honor something from three months ago... but, there is a 40% discount coming up for the 19th, so I'll go ahead and apply that discount to this order today..."

I'm shocked and my mouth is a-gape at this point. I tell him that he had contacted me personally back in April about an irregular transaction and had personally provided that business card to me.

"That's not my hand writting," he repeats,"It's probably my sales manager's and I'll have a word with her about that..."

I begin to press the subject, since I am aghast at being called, essentially, a liar, but since he was giving me the discount, and since I didn't wish to have to go to court after busting his little brown nose, I just shut up, paid and left.

Oh. BTW: FUCK Sherwin-Williams and Mr. Jiminez too.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:04 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TLDR

:bigsmile:

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
TLDR

:bigsmile:

You using invisible ink , now? :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 1908  Next