Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693, 1694, 1695, 1696 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Why isnt Gaige on trial for attempted murder/assault with D/W of Kyle and felon in possession of firearm?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
After a small package went missing this past summer I was told by USPS counter person to go online and download Informed Delivery. It emails me when I have mail (actual scans the letters) and packages with dates for delivery.

Sure.

Now you know something MIGHT arrive. But when it doesn't? USPS is clueless as to where your statement, check, document went.............

Informed delivery is only scanned at sorting facilities. For example Mail for Union is scanned at Tacoma distribution center but not at Union (which has no scanner).

Parcels, certified, etc get scanned by the clerk before being given to the carrier then the carrier scans at delivery.

Some carriers are better than others.

FYI FedEx, UPS and DHL use USPS to deliver "the last mile" in many cases.

Agree. But what actually happened to my Nov 13 mail? Regular carrier says he wasn't doing duty Saturday. Sat back-up person.

Do they just chuck it?

Some huge bin?

WTF has happened to lost statements and such over the years?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
After a small package went missing this past summer I was told by USPS counter person to go online and download Informed Delivery. It emails me when I have mail (actual scans the letters) and packages with dates for delivery.

Sure.

Now you know something MIGHT arrive. But when it doesn't? USPS is clueless as to where your statement, check, document went.............

Informed delivery is only scanned at sorting facilities. For example Mail for Union is scanned at Tacoma distribution center but not at Union (which has no scanner).

Parcels, certified, etc get scanned by the clerk before being given to the carrier then the carrier scans at delivery.

Agree. But what actually happened to my Nov 13 mail? Regular carrier says he wasn't doing duty Saturday. Sat back-up person.

Do they just chuck it?

Some huge bin?

When I lived in Ballard, I could look at the triplex next doors mail boxes.
Some days, there was no mail.
As in not even any junk mail.
I asked our postal carrier at work about it.
He says it was on a half route.
Nobody wants a half route. If you take that in the morning, they may not have an afternoon route for you and you only get paid for half a day.
So sometimes there is no carrier assigned.
Another option would be that the carrier didn't feel like delivering it that day so stashes it and delivers it the next day.

One mail carrier in NY taught his dog to sniff for money.
Used to bring mail home, put it on the floor, and the dog would find all the letters with checks from grandma.
Postal workers are the highest paid unskilled workers there are.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Why isnt Gaige on trial for attempted murder/assault with D/W of Kyle and felon in possession of firearm?

He's woke. Come on man. Keep up. :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Pablo wrote:

When I lived in Ballard, I could look at the triplex next doors mail boxes.
Some days, there was no mail.
As in not even any junk mail.
I asked our postal carrier at work about it.
He says it was on a half route.
Nobody wants a half route. If you take that in the morning, they may not have an afternoon route for you and you only get paid for half a day.
So sometimes there is no carrier assigned.
Another option would be that the carrier didn't feel like delivering it that day so stashes it and delivers it the next day.

One mail carrier in NY taught his dog to sniff for money.
Used to bring mail home, put it on the floor, and the dog would find all the letters with checks from grandma.
Postal workers are the highest paid unskilled workers there are.

I've heard about such things. My regular carrier refuses to discuss it, leaves quickly.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People who post a thread asking for help, have been on multiple times since then, including tonight, and don’t even acknowledge the responses people took the time to give.

Now I remember he used to do that on the old site.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
People who post a thread asking for help, have been on multiple times since then, including tonight, and don’t even acknowledge the responses people took the time to give.

But, but but I wasn’t on the old site… And you can remember that far back??? :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

But, but but I wasn’t on the old site… And you can remember that far back??? :thumbsup2:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:bow:

:cheers2:

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:19 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:bow:

:cheers2:

'Parently the answer to that, at the time, is NOPE :bigsmile:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Sure.

Do they just chuck it?

Some huge bin?

Don't know. As a contract carrier I'm solely responsible for the whole route everyday. There us no "other guy".

What has been happening for the last 8 weeks or so is the new sorting machines have gone online. Before the mail all came in a pile and had to be sorted by hand by the carrier. Now letters come sorted but the machines aren't perfect. Some days there is very little mail and a bunch if oddballs in the mix that don't belong (like wrong state even) and some days there's 2-3 days worth of mail.

I imagine so mail gets sent to the wrong post office and gets but back into the mail stream in "creative" ways - I know this happens. It6entirely possible mail gets put into "forwarding" when there's no actual forward and then shows up at the correct post office with UTF (unable to forward) sticker that obscures the address - which the carrier then might put into the UTF stream and it eventually ends up in dead mail then shredded. This is due to lazy carriers or clerks.

Since I service 500 mailboxes and know all the names on the route I can tell if a mislabeled of improperly addressed letter is in my hands and know where it's supposed to go - not every carrier can do that as some have a different route each day.

Either way - ebills is the way to go.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Sure.

Do they just chuck it?

Some huge bin?

Don't know. As a contract carrier I'm solely responsible for the whole route everyday. There us no "other guy".

What has been happening for the last 8 weeks or so is the new sorting machines have gone online. Before the mail all came in a pile and had to be sorted by hand by the carrier. Now letters come sorted but the machines aren't perfect. Some days there is very little mail and a bunch if oddballs in the mix that don't belong (like wrong state even) and some days there's 2-3 days worth of mail.

I imagine so mail gets sent to the wrong post office and gets but back into the mail stream in "creative" ways - I know this happens. It6entirely possible mail gets put into "forwarding" when there's no actual forward and then shows up at the correct post office with UTF (unable to forward) sticker that obscures the address - which the carrier then might put into the UTF stream and it eventually ends up in dead mail then shredded. This is due to lazy carriers or clerks.

Since I service 500 mailboxes and know all the names on the route I can tell if a mislabeled of improperly addressed letter is in my hands and know where it's supposed to go - not every carrier can do that as some have a different route each day.

Either way - ebills is the way to go.

^Good Info! :thumbsup2:

My fishing buddy back East was a T-6 carrier; they call them utility carriers now.

Since postal delivery is 6 days a week, each carrier gets another day off, and the T-6 carrier subs-in and covers a different route each day.

He would talk about how some carriers were great, and he would only get a day’s worth to deliver, while others would take a portion of a day or two’s mail “and throw it back up top”...which meant it would get resorted, and come back to be delivered when he was working.

Our post office here in Des Moines is terrible. Mail goes missing all the time. I’ve been going to the store on multiple occasions late in the evening, and seen 2 delivery trucks backed-up to each other so close, you couldn’t see what they were doing.

At first, I thought maybe one had broken down, but I’ve seen it at the same spot multiple times.

If I’m sending anything via USPS, I go to Burien...

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/12 ... ama-woods/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/12/01/fedex-driver-allegedly-dumps-hundreds-packages-alabama-woods/

Sooo, he/she is stupid and lazy?

I mean, they didn’t open the boxes and steal things, they just were too lazy to deliver?

This statement was funny, “ FedEx provided NPR with a statement indicating the suspected individual no longer provides services for FedEx Ground...”

Apparently, he/she never did...

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this new whoo hoo flu shit is in canada and FJB cant even close the boarders or even shitstick inslip, go fig... fuck your mask crap

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Someone reminded me that I lack an optic on the MPX. Now I'm looking at LPVOs again, and finding it hard to justify the money. I keep doing the same thing. I want X, but it'd be better if it had this feature. That adds just a little more. And iterate. And then "oh, but an offset red-dot, too, for switching range". I need to tell myself I don't do competition shooting - I don't need to switch between 6x and 1x fast. I'm okay with 2-eyes-open if that ever comes up. Just calm down.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693, 1694, 1695, 1696 ... 1908  Next