Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
"The Thurston County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help after the tongue of an adult female horse was cut out in Yelm on Tuesday.

A deputy found the completely severed tongue in a pasture in the 9500 block of Bridge Road Southeast.

The 28-year-old horse named Annie can no longer swallow food, so it will be euthanized to minimize the animal's suffering, according to the sheriff's office.

The incident is thought to have happened between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesday."

There is a place in hell for these people.

What. The. Hell?

Who goes out in broad daylight, somehow manages to overpower a horse, and cuts its tongue out? I can’t imagine the horse just laid down for this. The commotion alone should have garnered some attention. Not to mention, I can’t imagine it was a quiet process. In a Just world, someone would find the person(s) responsible and cut THEIR fucking tongue out and NOT euthanize them.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:26 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Driving/riding back from Bend Oregon stuck in traffic because there's a grass fire in the median @ Olympia and some Commie fucker with California Plates in a white 4x4 after flicking the ash drops his lit frikken cigarette out the window......

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Driving/riding back from Bend Oregon stuck in traffic because there's a grass fire in the median @ Olympia and some Commie fucker with California Plates in a white 4x4 after flicking the ash drops his lit frikken cigarette out the window......

Did you expect anything different? :bonghit:

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Washington has the third highest gas tax. Let's celebrate. :frust:
2. California Average tax: 73.1 cents per gallon
1. Pennsylvania Average tax: 77.1 cents per gallon
Quote:
**Average tax: 67.8 cents per gallon **

In 2015, research group TRIP noted that 39% of Washington roads were in bad shape. The state lacked funds to fix them, so lawmakers raised the gas tax by 11.9 cents.

The tax increase was intended to fund Connecting Washington Communities, a 16-year program that's supposed to make everyone’s life better.

Major investments include $9.4 billion for state highways and local roads, $1.4 billion for maintenance — and even $300 million to remove barriers so salmon and other fish will have an easier time getting around!

:party:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday the Dow took an upswing in response to the rising price of oil. Yay.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
Yesterday the Dow took an upswing in response to the rising price of oil. Yay.

Never understood how the DOW changes on a sunday/weekend.....unless its speculation(s).

If it is speculation does the DOW follow on the next work day?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

futures? Reports from the last weekday in the news cycle?

They say that while OPEC is (nominally) increasing supply and prices may still rise. Demand is up and capacity for production isn't perhaps able to keep up.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sitting at the airport. 4 hour delay going to Maui. Going to miss my connecting flight to Honolulu. Hope I don’t get stuck on Maui for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, here's kind of a long story about a tub repair. If you're bored... continue on. But, it's a long haul.

So in fixing my shower valve, and with my now arthritic hands, I dropped the fracking handle and chipped the tub :blackcloud1:

No problem, it's MY tub and not a client's tub. So there's that.

Well, I need the tub repair kit so I called the manufacturer and tried to order it. "We don't sell directly to the consumer. Here's the part number, go to the big box store and order it."

So I do.... Home Depot. Where everybody at the "Pro" desk is disgruntled and the only thing they are "Pro" at is trying to look busy enough to not be available for the next customer.

So, the lady - who will remain nameless - FINALLY looks at me patiently waiting in line and snaps:
"How about you?"
No "hello" or "May I help you?" just: "How about YOU?"

So I say loudly: "How ABOUT me? Hello X. I would like to order a repair kit available from one of your vendors. It isn't listed in their on-line catalogue and as it is a special order so it might not show up in YOUR system. But, I was provided with a part number."

Befuddled, she asked me a few different times for the part number and WHO was it that makes it? And "oh, it doesn't come up in our system!"

So, I repeat the special order nature of the item and she says she has to call the vendor. I even provided her with the phone number.

Right then, a customer she had been helping previously at some point, steps up and she says "Oh, I'm going to finish this guy up, just a minute."

So 15 minutes later (he was buying a box on pneumatic nails...serously...ONE box. She had to call for payment...stop to comment about the doggie going through the next line over... chat with her associate about such and so. Remind everyone how she had to leave at 3:30....

Finally she calls the manufacturer and despite taking the part number from me and writing it down (Correctly, I checked) she gives the wrong part number over the phone and when they can't locate that part she hands the phone to me to speak with the vendor! I begin to provide the part number when the Home Depot slug - uh - I mean, saleswoman says "I found it!!!"

So I inform the vendor that the saleswoman has found her ass - I mean the part - and thank her for HER help and hang up.

The Home Depot saleswoman has indeed found the item but what she found was an on-line vendor... and she says: "You should just order it on-line through these guys!"

:facepalm2:

"Thank you," says I, "I'll just do that." (rather than continue with you and trust you'll be able to actually produce.)

So I come home and go to the on-line vendor. I have two areas of concern for dealing with these guys:
1) how fresh is their product? (It's an epoxy so it has a finite shelf life)
2) how much is shipping? Which I may not incur by waiting for the Big Box to go through their order cycle...

Well the on-line guys can't address the manufacture date - it'll be a chance. Cost is $29 and the shipping is near to $15.

So I call Lowe's to get a price comparison before I order. Now while the customer service agent was far more polite and seemed more "with it" she got the information and then placed me on hold...
Tic-toc...muzak playing and finally "Hello, can I help you?"
"well," I said, "I'm on hold after speaking with another saleswoman who is calling Maax to inquire about a product for me."

"But Sir! This IS Maax! What do you need?"

"Hmmm, I need a parts kit, but you guys won't sell to me, that's why I went to Home Depot and when they couldn't help me, I started again with Lowe's."

"Well, we CAN sell to you, and I promise I am going to connect you with the proper department who can take your order! Hold on!"

"Hello, this is (the very first woman I spoke with today who said she COULDN'T sell directly to me!) how can I help you?"

"Well, Hi there... you and I spoke earlier today and I need to order a tub repair kit, please"

"As I told you before," she says, "I can't sell to you directly."

Taking a deep breath I said: " ..." and repeated the whole story including the part where her associate PROMISED me that she was the person I COULD order from.

"Okay" she says.... "I'll make it happen..." (I could feel the funny face through the phone)

I asked "before we go through the information collection and etc, would you please tell me the price?"

"$125.00"

So... now I'm back to the on-line guys who are selling Maax brand tub repair kits for $29...

2 and a half fracking hours later.

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a bottle of white out.... only $15... make that chip disappear... :D

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Sitting at the airport. 4 hour delay going to Maui. Going to miss my connecting flight to Honolulu. Hope I don’t get stuck on Maui for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! The horror! Think of the children! I couldn't imagine the trauma of being "stuck" on Maui. As soon as you get home get checked for PTSD. Get rid of all your guns, because you surely won't be stable enough to have guns around. What's your return date so I can get a protective order in place.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My neighbor's shitty dog came over and made it pretty clear he wanted to gift me with a bite or two. Me being the kind of dude who doesn't appreciate getting bitten in my own garage whipped out my knife and yelled at the fucker to get lost. Later my neighbor stopped by, not to apologize mind you, but to get on my ass about pulling a knife on his dog who "would never bite." He got himself an earful, and now I'm kind of having buyers remorse on my decision to pass on my opportunity to end all that barking.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Groundskeeper Willy wrote:
My neighbor's shitty dog came over and made it pretty clear he wanted to gift me with a bite or two. Me being the kind of dude who doesn't appreciate getting bitten in my own garage whipped out my knife and yelled at the fucker to get lost. Later my neighbor stopped by, not to apologize mind you, but to get on my ass about pulling a knife on his dog who "would never bite." He got himself an earful, and now I'm kind of having buyers remorse on my decision to pass on my opportunity to end all that barking.

My sister and brother in law lost some chickens to the neighbor's dog. Authorities told them the can kill the dog if it comes on to their property again. And this is in California.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next time call 911, otherwise your neighbor will and you will be the BAD guy.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:54 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

golddigger14s wrote:

Next time call 911, otherwise your neighbor will and you will be the BAD guy.

I wholeheartedly disagree. If confronted by an aggressive off-leash dog on your own property you are well within your right to shoot the animal dead and sue the owner for your PTSD counseling afterwards. I don't condone unchecked violence against animals but property rights are strong in WA despite anti-2A sentiment.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1908  Next