Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Baltimore bridge goes down 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
History of hiring shitty captains? :bigsmile:

The captain wasn't driving the ship. They had at least one pilot on board to get it out of the harbor. One report said two pilots

Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

The captain wasn't driving the ship. They had at least one pilot on board to get it out of the harbor. One report said two pilots

Sweet. I stand corrected.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
After spending 15 years in the merchant marines, and going under hundreds of bridges, why didn't they drop the anchor? They may have, I couldn't tell from the videos.

They did. Won't stop a vessel of that size in such short notice.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Got pics of the pilot...

Attachment:
433008355_2618352408347208_8717905991866171595_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breaking News: The pilot has been named as “Ho Le Fuk”

His first Mate was “Wi Tu Low”

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

interesting power outage??? lucky semi and car drivers just before impact

https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/status/ ... ode%3Dtrue

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maryland Transportation Authority Dispatch:

Baltimore City Fire:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least one member here is well versed in the operations of vessels like that, and will have better information.

Lose "power" aka electrical power, lose steering most of the time. Possibly also throttle control but in order for those ships to reverse, they usually shut the main engine off and restart it in the opposite direction. They're two cycle and designed for it, but it's not a quick process.

As evidenced by the thick black smoke after what is most likely the secondary generation sourced kicking on, they restarted in full reverse after losing steering and "power". What caused the second power loss, unknown, but the engine stayed in full reverse during and after as it contacted the bridge.

Class A container ships, almost 1,000 feet long, pushing deadweight tonnage upwards of 110,000, it's not going to stop for a very long time. Unfortunately for some people today, presumed RIP.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Maryland Transportation Authority Dispatch:

Baltimore City Fire:

Thanks for that.

How the hell did it not get to communications that the entire bridge was gone?

Same gutteral reaction I had hearing ATC calling each other after they realized Flight 93 had been hijacked.

'Flight 93 is down'
Down?
'Down'
Where did he land?
'He didn't'
Then where...
'He didn't land'
......oh..... down...
'yeah....'

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

zombie66 wrote:
Breaking News: The pilot has been named as “Ho Le Fuk”

His first Mate was “Wi Tu Low”

Jesus Christ. Looks like we have a new resident Rencorp. :facepalm2:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

El Presidente said he had ridden the train over the bridge.... It's a roadway, there are no train tracks.

Also, in before 'white supremacy' or..... 'transportation inequity' is announced as a causal factor in the collapse.

Also, also, ignore anyone who says they're a local and calls it by its full name. It's just 'the Key bridge'. Just like the 'Chesapeake bay bridge and tunnel' is just 'the Bay bridge' or 'Bay tunnel'.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too late. I already mentioned that it was named in tribute to that white-supremist-colonizer. :thumbsup2:

Here's my conspiracy theory:

Many, many of the bridges recently erected in the U.S. are purchased pre-manufactured from Harbor Freight and shipped from over-seas (i.e. from djChina)

This was a djChinese black-op to enervate the djChinese steel industry and general djChinese economy as well as inflict damage on a major U.S. port.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work at the port of Tacoma. This was passed around a month ago. This is worrisome. icon_eek. This is crazy to me.

Just unreal as the workers impacted by that bridge, are my longshore brothers and sisters. No hazmat can get to the port. They don’t allow them through the tunnels. How will they fuel equipment? I feel that ports are going to be the next avenue of attack after the food plants. Nothing moving or coming in and out will cripple this country.

And as always, when does that next civil war thingy start? :bigsmile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
I work at the port of Tacoma. This was passed around a month ago. This is worrisome. icon_eek. This is crazy to me.

Just unreal as the workers impacted by that bridge, are my longshore brothers and sisters. No hazmat can get to the port. They don’t allow them through the tunnels. How will they fuel equipment? I feel that ports are going to be the next avenue of attack after the food plants. Nothing moving or coming in and out will cripple this country.

And as always, when does that next civil war thingy start? :bigsmile:

They have no legal authority to remove any camera that's on someone's private property.

In fact, implying it's anything other than a simple request would be a violation of the 1st amendment, as content gathering is protected speech, and ports are usually governmental entities; municipal corporations.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next