Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 NRA-DOA? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Talk amongst yourselves.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/late-g ... L_CAMPAIGN)#axzz7rVyFoso6

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Besides an article saying they are spiraling towards insolvency because of a decline in revenue, does anybody have any actual financials that shows current debts and liabilities?

Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Massivedesign wrote:
Besides an article saying they are spiraling towards insolvency because of a decline in revenue, does anybody have any actual financials that shows current debts and liabilities?

Attachment:
78ww4w.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to say that NRA is worthless, but unfortunately it's more that that: it's harmful to the 2nd.
And it always was.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only shitty thing about it folding, is some people will promote it as victory.

It would be nice if GOA or SAF or such could buy it for it's name and some infostructure

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope Musk doesn't buy the NRA. He wants to restrict/ban semi-autos.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
Alpine wrote:
I hope Musk doesn't buy the NRA. He wants to restrict/ban semi-autos.

It's a shopped image. Well played, tho...

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
This once great organization is now facing dissolution as the direct result of malfeasance by Wayne LaPierre and the impotent Board of Directors (BOD). Undoubtedly, key management personnel, including Wayne Lapierre, Wilson Phillips, and others, will likely face criminal charges for embezzlement, fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, and other charges.

I last upped my membership to five years, years ago. I'm not sure when it expires but I'm sure it's close. The NRA abandoned the West Coast so I have abandoned them.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
shaggy wrote:
The only shitty thing about it folding, is some people will promote it as victory.

It would be nice if GOA or SAF or such could buy it for it's name and some infostructure

It's not the only shitty thing. The fractures and instability are the goals of the anti's. So, I agree that it would be beneficial if org's like SAF and GOA would come together and (re)build the strength in numbers.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The NRA hasn't done shit for us here. The only thing they do is ask for Money and then not act on our behalf.

Nothing but paper Tiger's lining the pockets of their executives at our expense.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LaPierre IS the problem

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
LaPierre IS the problem

This

Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DM47 wrote:
shaggy wrote:

It's not the only shitty thing. The fractures and instability are the goals of the anti's. So, I agree that it would be beneficial if org's like SAF and GOA would come together and (re)build the strength in numbers.

The fractures were there for decades, thru good and bad, it's gangrenous so we need to decide, cut the limb off or try to save it. In my opinion, it is too decayed to want to attempt to save, saw it off and get a modern upgrade, shiny and chrome.

The real pain here is we didnt cast it off in a public way so the other side still think it is the voice for the informed common gun owner, so they think this is a huge win when they dont realize they unleased the beast of the other orgs. I just hope they can work together to create a mutual front, especially considering the bold, risky moves the ATF is currently making

Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting reading. With his inside info, you have to wonder if he is lukely right

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:38 am
Profile WWW

I don't exactly shed a tear. I've never been a member because the NRA failed to adapt effectively, imo.

The real s**t deal will be Shannon claiming victory and the non-stop BS "we bankrupted the NRA!" crap antis will chant.

Who has been behind the Constitutional Carry movement? If it was the NRA, we lost big there; hopefully NSSF/FPC/GOA can pick it up.

Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]