Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

EAOTD #2: Email committee members today, please!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:11 pm

Easy Action of the Day #2 -

Email the the Civil Rights & Judiciary committee members today (email addresses are below). They're scheduled for an executive session on the following bills. Which means, they're getting ready to send them to the floor for VOTE!

Tell them "DO NOT PASS" these bills out of committee. Let the courts do their work to resolve hundreds of lawsuits across the country, don't bury the state in legal fees, don't impair Washingtonians civil rights, don't burden law enforcement with a worthless permit process (still have to do background checks), let them do their work and catch the criminal roaming our streets. Be polite, be professional, but be FIRM. But do it NOW! Don't wait. Then, tell 2 friends, like and share this post everywhere.

HB-1178 - Repealing Preemption- making a patchwork of gun laws that changes city to city, county to county statewide. No uniformity, no consistency and a legal minefield for cities to defend these laws in court.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EGcEoN1v0

HB-1143/1144 - Permits to purchase, training, fees, an extra, identical background check, fingerprinting, delays to purchase any firearm. And no, you can't cross the border to escape this regulation.
“No state may erroneously convert a secured liberty into privilege, and issue a license and a fee for that license” Shuttlesworth vs Birmingham, 1969 United State Supreme Court.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvdUV9EbW-c&t=6s

HB-1240 - Assault Weapons Ban. An EMERGENCY and Immediate ban on semi auto rifles, some pistols and shotguns. Driving thousands of jobs from Washington. Preventing people from moving here with any semi auto rifle. Does nothing to address criminal use of firearms, but bans the most commonly owned class of firearms in Amercia.
"Where constitutional rights are concerned, there can be no law or rule-making which would abrogate them." ~ Miranda v Arizona, 1966, United States Supreme Court"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUYDXv-6YQ

HB-1195 - Ban open carry in city and county parks. Creating a an overly broad "sensitive places" which has been struck down by the courts, but also eliminates hunting and hunting access statewide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ZVfKYvmm8

Copy and paste their emails into your email program and send them a message:

Drew.Hansen@leg.wa.gov
Darya.Farivar@leg.wa.gov
Jim.Walsh@leg.wa.gov
Jenny.Graham@leg.wa.gov
Greg.Cheney@leg.wa.gov
Debra.Entenman@leg.wa.gov
Roger.Goodman@leg.wa.gov
Strom.Peterson@leg.wa.gov
Skyler.Rude@leg.wa.gov
My-Linh.Thai@leg.wa.gov
Amy.Walen@leg.wa.gov

Once you have emailed, please comment below so we can keep the momentum going!

Re: EAOTD #2: Email committee members today, please!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:25 pm

Done!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:42 pm

Done. My email:

Subject: Please oppose anti-gun bills!

Dear committee members,

I ask you to please do NOT move the following bills on from committee:
HB1178 - Repealing preemption
HB1143, HB1144 - Permits to purchase, etc.
HB1240 - "Assault weapon" ban
HB1195 - Open carry in parks

Every single one of us -- both Democrat and Republican -- knows WITH CERTAINTY that these bills will do nothing to reduce crime, and will only hurt good, law-abiding citizens.

PLEASE DO NOT BE A PAWN OF THE GOVERNOR OR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Let these bills die. Do not move them forward, because as we all know they will eventually be killed by the courts. Despite what Sen. Kuderer believes, constitutionality is absolutely NOT "in the eye of the beholder."

Please do the right thing this session, and stop the madness.

Thank you.
MadPick
Renton

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:44 pm

“Good Afternoon,

I would like to make known my stance on these bills.

Please, DO NOT PASS these bills.

None of these bills are focused on reducing crime. They will hamper and criminalize lawful gun owners, and waste taxpayers time and money. Several of the core infringements these bills will place have already been addressed by the Supreme Court of the United States.

Thank you for your attention to this.”

I had the bills in the subject line.
Last edited by MycroftHolmes on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:46 pm

Done

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:51 pm

Done

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:59 pm

Thank you. I cut and pasted your message since it's more polite than the last few I have sent.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:00 pm

MadPick wrote:Done. My email:

Subject: Please oppose anti-gun bills!

Dear committee members,

I ask you to please do NOT move the following bills on from committee:
HB1178 - Repealing preemption
HB1143, HB1144 - Permits to purchase, etc.
HB1240 - "Assault weapon" ban
HB1195 - Open carry in parks

Every single one of us -- both Democrat and Republican -- knows WITH CERTAINTY that these bills will do nothing to reduce crime, and will only hurt good, law-abiding citizens.

PLEASE DO NOT BE A PAWN OF THE GOVERNOR OR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Let these bills die. Do not move them forward, because as we all know they will eventually be killed by the courts. Despite what Sen. Kuderer believes, constitutionality is absolutely NOT "in the eye of the beholder."

Please do the right thing this session, and stop the madness.

Thank you.
MadPick
Renton

Nice! I stole some of that myself!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:10 pm

jukk0u wrote:Thank you. I cut and pasted your message since it's more polite than the last few I have sent.

Hahaha.

Didja see the banner?? :bigsmile:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:26 pm

:party:

I know you've been busy selling high altitude privvies, so I appreciate the effort.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:31 pm

Done.

Nice banner Steve!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:39 pm

Yes. It IS an excellent banner. Let me say that outright in case I came off as dismissive rather than cleverly entertaining.

Better yet, is the effort to provide these EAOTD posts to make engagement so easy. TY. :wagwoot:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:52 pm

Done! :wagwoot:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Sent, thanks for the hard work making it so easy for the rest of us!

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:46 pm

Done!
Post a reply