Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Power Grid Attacks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a fun reminder, for those who want to rely on their cellphones during a power outage.

Cell sites normally only have battery backup for a couple hours, some rarely for 48-72 Hrs, and others may have gensets that are designed to run ~72 hours.

The sites WILL go into a low power mode, to reduce power consumption, which means coverage area is gonna decrease dramatically.

Also part of that is deprioritization of data.... and of course there are potential issues with their data backhaul, even if it's done via microwave link.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Small radical groups i'm thinking. Probably left wing leaning Antifa types. If it was a serious thing with a large organized push, they would have done that at a dozen sites or more.
Wasn't the first episode of this near Portland? So a "left" coast thing?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m guessing leftist attacks, false flagged

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My personal beliefs lead to similar speculation regarding antifa or far left domestic terrorists.

However, while contemplating how easy it would be to knock out my local substation, I realized I would NOT want to knock out MY substation. I would want to take the hurt to the libs on the wet side. Now Graham or Tacoma would be very low on my list, obviously Seattle or Oly would be top targets for out of town far right domestic terrorists.

Leading me back to Antifa/lefties. They wouldn't want to hit their hometowns of Seattle or Oly, but they would want to raise concerns with strikes nearby. Hence Graham and Tacoma.

Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
My personal beliefs lead to similar speculation regarding antifa or far left domestic terrorists.

However, while contemplating how easy it would be to knock out my local substation, I realized I would NOT want to knock out MY substation. I would want to take the hurt to the libs on the wet side. Now Graham or Tacoma would be very low on my list, obviously Seattle or Oly would be top targets for out of town far right domestic terrorists.

Leading me back to Antifa/lefties. They wouldn't want to hit their hometowns of Seattle or Oly, but they would want to raise concerns with strikes nearby. Hence Graham and Tacoma.

Yeah, people don't want to fuck up their own shit.

A leftist would think 'puyallup, graham, yelm, roy, etc' as places of 'right wing extremist rednecks' or whatever the fuck.

Probably pissed the 3 this morning didn't do anything. I think this guy probably wants attention. If it is a leftist, I'd wait a week or so until he brags on twitter or whatever that he did it.

This is where cellphone tracking comes into play. If they're dumb enough to bring their cellphone, they'll have a list of all the devices that were attached to/pinged the tower. Find the one that was at all 3-5 and Bob's your uncle.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread has me wondering if the substation exploding last night in coolin idaho wasn't weather related....

Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PCSO confirmed 'fire intentionally set' at the substation in Graham off 144th and Kapowsin highway.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like the Yelm/Roy reports are inaccurate, as there's nothing to indicate an outage.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is local footage of the station on 304th blowing blue arcs off of three of the main lines in the middle.

Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:03 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Make that 4... possibly 5, or 6.. In one day.

Confirmed forced entry and sabotage in Graham. Possible second attempt at another substation in Graham, and unconfirmed reports of impacts in Yelm.

Hey what ap is that? Used to have it in my phone, can't find it now.

We're very fortunate that many of the local repeaters we use have a few days worth of backup power. HJR up on E. Tiger does, as well as the 5 W7PSE units.

Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Make that 4... possibly 5, or 6.. In one day.

Confirmed forced entry and sabotage in Graham. Possible second attempt at another substation in Graham, and unconfirmed reports of impacts in Yelm.

Hey what ap is that? Used to have it in my phone, can't find it now.

We're very fortunate that many of the local repeaters we use have a few days worth of backup power. HJR up on E. Tiger does, as well as the 5 W7PSE units.

pulsepoint.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"At 7:21 pm, on December 25th, 2022, dispatchers received a call of a fire at the Puget Sound Energy substation at 14320 Kapowsin Hwy E. Deputies, Firefighters and Puget Sound Energy employees responded to the scene," the Pierce County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

"The fire was extinguished and the substation secured. Power was knocked out for homes in Kapowsin and Graham," the statement continued. "The suspect(s) gained access to the fenced area and vandalized the equipment which caused the fire."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fourth-power ... -christmas

Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The first story I read from KOMO or one of the left wing wacko news sources in Seattle..of this attack on the grid was "Right wing extremist" in the first two paras.
Can't find it now.

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
The first story I read from KOMO or one of the left wing wacko news sources in Seattle..of this attack on the grid was "Right wing extremist" in the first two paras.
Can't find it now.

If you're on the Seattle Reddit sites, they're CONVINCED its right wing fascist naTzis!

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

new daddy wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Can't find it now.

If you're on the Seattle Reddit sites, they're CONVINCED its right wing fascist naTzis!

Well if they're shorting shit out by throwing exhaust tubing, prybars, highlift 48" bumper jacks or tire irons at the exposed contacts then...yup, its right wing.

......I cant see Phillip the Metro sexual doing something like that.

But,

If Phillip shorted the station out by hooking up 65 functioning espresso machines to one outlet.....then, lefty

:bigsmile:

You get my drift.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next