Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Environazis want to block sun with particles in atmosphere 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What could go wrong?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-o ... ket-newtab

Quote:
The idea behind solar geoengineering is essentially to mimic what happens when volcanoes push particles into the atmosphere; a large eruption, such as that of Mt. Pinatubo, in the Philippines, in 1992, can measurably cool the world for a year or two. This scheme, not surprisingly, has few public advocates, and even among those who want to see it studied the inference has been that it would not actually be implemented for decades. “I’m not saying they’ll do it tomorrow,” Dan Schrag, the director of the Harvard University Center for the Environment, who serves on the advisory board of a geoengineering-research project based at the university, told my colleague Elizabeth Kolbert for “Under a White Sky,” her excellent book on technical efforts to repair environmental damage, published last year. “I feel like we might have thirty years,” he said. It’s a number he repeated to me when we met in Cambridge this summer.

Others, around the world, however, are working to speed up that timeline. There are at least three initiatives under way that are studying the potential implementation of solar-radiation management, or S.R.M., as it is sometimes called: a commission under the auspices of the Paris Peace Forum, composed of fifteen current and former global leaders and some environmental and governance experts, that is exploring “policy options” to combat climate change and how these policies might be monitored; a Carnegie Council initiative of how the United Nations might govern geoengineering; and Degrees Initiative, an academic effort based in the United Kingdom and funded by a collection of foundations, that in turn funds research on the effects of such a scheme across the developing world. The result of these initiatives, if not the goal, may be to normalize the idea of geoengineering. It is being taken seriously because of something else that’s speeding up: the horrors that come with an overheating world and now regularly threaten its most densely populated places.

Look at how casually they discuss the "side effects"
Quote:
The question is more: what else would it do? On a global scale it could, at least temporarily, turn the sky hazy or milky (hence the title of Kolbert’s book); it could alter “the quality of the light plants use for photosynthesis” (no small thing on a planet basically built on chlorophyll—studies have shown that U.S. corn production increased as polluting aerosols went down in the wake of amendments to the Clean Air Act); and it might damage the ozone layer, which is only now repairing itself from our recent assault with fluorocarbons. (By way of comparison, the largest volcanic eruption ever recorded, at Mt. Tambora, in 1815, on an island that is now part of Indonesia, spewed a cloud of particles that temporarily caused the temperature to drop a degree Celsius. That change produced, in 1816, “a year without a summer” across much of the northern hemisphere. Lake ice was observed in Pennsylvania into August, and, in Europe, where grain yields plummeted, hungry crowds rioted beneath banners reading “Bread or Blood.”)

The most likely problems, though, would probably be not global but regional. Lowering the temperature, precisely because it would affect global weather patterns, would produce different and hard-to-predict outcomes in different places. I spoke about this tendency with Inés Camilloni, a climatologist at the University of Buenos Aires who is investigating the possible effects of geoengineering on rivers in South America’s La Plata river basin. (Her work is partially funded by the Degrees Initiative.) “What we found is that implementation of S.R.M. strategies could lead to an increase in the mean flow of the rivers of the basin, which means more water for hydropower energy, something that could be considered positive. Also an increase in the levels at low-flow times, which is a positive, considering these droughts we’re having,” she said. “But you also could experience an increase in the higher flow, and this could be associated in the rate of flooding in the rivers.”

In South Africa, a study by a University of Cape Town team, also funded by Parker’s group, indicated that S.R.M. could cut the possibility of drought in that coastal city, which, in 2018, came dangerously close to reaching a “day zero” shutoff of water supplies, as local reservoirs turned into dustbowls. But another team working from Benin, in West Africa, found that geoengineering would likely lead to less rain in a region that has suffered from calamitous desertification. Mohammed Rahman, working from an office in Bangladesh’s renowned International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, said his research showed that in some parts of Asia malaria would increase, and in others it would decline. “The result we had was on a coarse scale, like a continental scale. Here it gets better, here it gets worse,” he said.

And then they're worried about people fighting back...
Quote:
A climate “solution” that helps some and harms others could spark its own kind of crisis. A Brookings Institution report last December began with a scenario—it’s 2035, and a country begins unilateral deployment of S.R.M.: “the country has decided that it can no longer wait; they see geoengineering as their only option.” Initially, “the decision seems wise, as the increase in global temperatures starts to level off. But soon other types of anomalous weather begin to appear: unexpected and severe droughts hit countries around the world, disrupting agriculture.” In response, “another large country, under the impression it has been severely harmed . . . carries out a focused military strike against the geoengineering equipment, a decision supported by other nations who also believe they have been negatively impacted.” This development, however, becomes even more devastating—with no one putting chemicals into the stratosphere, they decline rapidly in the course of a year, and “temperatures dramatically rebound to the levels they would have reached on their previous trajectory.” The result, they conclude, is “disastrous.”

So the main reason countries have shied away from nuclear war is the certainty of global nuclear winter from dust blocking sunlight and killing all life on earth.

And yet the ecofreak environazi cult is now proposing this. What happens when some woke libtard billionaire starts outfitting planes with these sprayers and sending them up? Hopefully people get their shit together and start fighting everyone involved.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Chemtrail guys have been warning about this for a couple of decades. Despite much evidence their warnings have been met with derision and mocking.

Bill Gate's Climate Initiative website lays out this very plan. Still, you're a Chemtrail-nut if you discuss it.

In Norway, trials of such a plan were thwarted by court action. Lawsuits sponsored by native Lapp peoples and other concerned citizens and industry stopped the experiments (I think I linked citations in the Chem-trail thread.)

Rust never sleeps.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd rather have them figure out the opposite in case we get a nuclear winter.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:39 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Play god with the planet. What could possibly go wrong?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:16 pm

bubblewhip wrote:

Greenhouses to grow things. Massive greenhouses to feed the wealthy; the poors get to make their own.

Energy usage would go through the roof to run all this electricity.

Oh, and with a nuclear winter, how will all those solar panels function in the SW and Sunbelt? So all those homes/farms generating power for the grid will now be taking from the grid.

GENIOUS!

And if you think Seasonal Affective Disorder is bad now...

Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:

That has already been going on but this post should be in another thread. (Changing the climate intentionally by rogue nations)

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:15 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

How are the solar panels that power their evo-cars gonna work?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

bubblewhip wrote:

Mother nature will take care of the Nuclear winter yopu speak of.

Wyoming/Yellowstone is a Caldera.

Yellowstone Lake is rising, has been for centuries.

Old Faithful is no longer on time.

Shit could get real tomorrow or a hundred years from now.

#Onebigzit!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:22 pm

Sinus211 wrote:

This shit terrifies me ---- that they think they can actually 'fix' it --- even if it was real --- and not fuck it up more or in other ways..... Goddamn arrogant fuks.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

This shit terrifies me ---- that they think they can actually 'fix' it --- even if it was real --- and not fuck it up more or in other ways..... Goddamn arrogant fuks.

God complex

Morons think they are smart enough to make everything right, given enough power of course

The wonderful thing about that theory is that it applies to everything: climate, politics, food production, population control, eugenics... (shit, did I say that last one out loud?)

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

How are the solar panels that power their evo-cars gonna work?

Poorly.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's like anything the communists do. ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE DEMOCRAT PARTY IN THE USA. Doesn't REALLY matter if it works. What matters is that they are in charge.

I mean really. Name some of their successes since, say 1964.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Last edited by Pablo on Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

God complex

Morons think they are smart enough to make everything right, given enough tax money of course

Fixed that for ya!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
It's like anything the communists do. Doesn't REALLY matter if it works. What matters is that they are in charge.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
It's like anything the communists do. Doesn't REALLY matter if it works. What matters is that they are in charge.

The Chinese manufacturing industrial complex?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next