Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Seattle PD is selling their last crown vic.. Only 30k miles 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
Wonder what the idling hours are?

This. Low miles, but a lot more engine hours than the miles would normally indicate.

I drove one of these around when working for a dealership in the early 2000's, mileage was 18-20 with mixed town/highway driving, and about 22 for freeway trips. Nice car to drive with the firmer suspension compared to some of the softer civilian models.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
vic_b wrote:
Wonder what the idling hours are?

This. Low miles, but a lot more engine hours than the miles would normally indicate.

I drove one of these around when working for a dealership in the early 2000's, mileage was 18-20 with mixed town/highway driving, and about 22 for freeway trips. Nice car to drive with the firmer suspension compared to some of the softer civilian models.

06+ P7Bs have idle hour meters, and they're used to calculate maintenance intervals. Ford says 33 miles equivalent for every idle hour.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are great Cars, HD everything and they were serviced regularly. This one was looks "Clean" i mean without the Pushbars and other PD add equipment (Besides the Spot lights on both sides.)
That's the only way i would drive one. I don't want to look like something I'm not on the road.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
They are great Cars, HD everything and they were serviced regularly. This one was looks "Clean" i mean without the Pushbars and other PD add equipment (Besides the Spot lights on both sides.)
That's the only way i would drive one. I don't want to look like something I'm not on the road.

It doesnt matter, i still have flashbacks to my youth and slow down to a mile over the speed limit when i see them. Instead of my regular 10 over for daily driving or whatever feels comfortable on weekends (20+ backroads or traffic speed+10 hwy are typical numbers).

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

These cars have been discontinued for over a decade.

Virtually no one has them in service.

If you see red/blue flashing lights on a crown vic, and it's NOT fully marked with an exempt plate, I can all but guarantee it's an impersonator.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

It doesnt matter, i still have flashbacks to my youth and slow down to a mile over the speed limit when i see them. Instead of my regular 10 over for daily driving or whatever feels comfortable on weekends (20+ backroads or traffic speed+10 hwy are typical numbers).

Right?

I do the same when i see one. :ROFLMAO: Irritating though when it has Antenna's, pushbar's, and emergency lights on the rear Window deck and it's not a Cop.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
shaggy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Right?

I do the same when i see one. :ROFLMAO: Irritating though when it has Antenna's, pushbar's, and emergency lights on the rear Window deck and it's not a Cop.

See above.

They're relics of a bygone era.

Doesn't matter what's on it/in it because none of them are in service anymore (OK, maybe a handful). Bottom line - Don't stop for a crown vic... :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Bottom line - Don't stop for a crown vic... :bigsmile:

Just get in their way & piss ‘em off…

:wink05:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
If you see red/blue flashing lights on a crown vic, and it's NOT fully marked with an exempt plate, I can all but guarantee it's an impersonator.

It's the headlights, if the red/blues are on it is too late, mostly atleast(or give it gas depending on the road) I spent plenty of time running from the regular headlight pattern. It's still a habit to look when looking in the mirror.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

It's the headlights, if the red/blues are on it is too late, mostly atleast(or give it gas depending on the road) I spent plenty of time running from the regular headlight pattern. It's still a habit to look when looking in the mirror.

I think you're missing the point.

They're not used as police cars anymore.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
shaggy wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I think the general public doesn't know they aren't used anymore, (in big Cities). Especially when they are decked out to look like one. That will get a reaction every time.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
shaggy wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I think the general public doesn't know they aren't used anymore, (in big Cities). Especially when they are decked out to look like one. That will get a reaction every time.

I beg to differ. They're just not around anymore.

Case in point.. I picked up my online grocery order at wallyworld...... The guy was loading bags into my back seat and said 'That's a pretty unique console you got up there'....

Spoiler: show
Attachment:
20210227_185636.jpg

Dude was completely oblivious. Granted, he was younger, but just goes to show that a lot of people never associate it as a police car, and the vast majority of others know they're not in service, hence the passive aggressive assholes that wanna cut you off and drive fast/like idiots to prove they know it's not a cop car.. heh.

Also, stupid stuff like running full wheel covers instead of center caps give it a more polished, less utilitarian look. I personally hate how push bumpers look, but at the same time absolutely love their function, and it's already saved my front end from damage as an idiot changed lanes without looking and ran into the push bumper instead of my fender.

Attachment:
PtTfo1.jpg

I'd much prefer a black or red SAP (Street Appearance Package) vic with no push bumper or spotlights...

Attachment:
010.jpg

Attachment:
2006CVPI3.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, between that console, the Antenna's, the push bar's and the lights on your back Window deck, nobody would think it's a Cop Car.
That's just crazy talk.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you have those radio's and a Laptop mounted in the Ex Police Car if you aren't trying to look like PD?
Honest question. :popcorn:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Yep, between that console, the Antenna's, the push bar's and the lights on your back Window deck, nobody would think it's a Cop Car.

That's just crazy talk.

Again, they've been discontinued for over a decade, and agencies don't use them anymore.

When's the last time you've seen a crown vic pull someone over, or with red/blue lights?

They're not cop cars anymore.

I've had this discussion with troopers and deputies. They know they're not in service, they agree that the public knows that they're not in service, and they really could care less as long as you're not out there doing stupid shit or trying to pull people over.

I need to sell it anyway....I should be able to get 8-9K for it... :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
usrifle wrote:

That's just crazy talk.

Again, they've been discontinued for over a decade, and agencies don't use them anymore.

When's the last time you've seen a crown vic pull someone over, or with red/blue lights?

They're not cop cars anymore.

I've had this discussion with troopers and deputies. They know they're not in service, they agree that the public knows that they're not in service, and they really could care less as long as you're not out there doing stupid shit or trying to pull people over.

I need to sell it anyway....I should be able to get 8-9K for it... :bigsmile:

You cut out my question in that reply.

"Let me ask you a question. Why do you have those radio's and a Laptop mounted in the Ex Police Car if you aren't trying to look like PD?
Honest question."

I like you, and you and i have a history but sometimes friends have to call out friends.

Sell the Car, you won't have anymore bullshit with other driver's that way.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next