Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 I am now a member of "The Involuntary Cat Removal Program" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#1 Washington State allows this shit to continue so emissions or not they can go fuck themselves.

#2 Smells yummy.

#3 It has 186k on it and won't die. So a check engine light isn't a worry.

#4 See #1 and repeat.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Better mileage?

Whut?
icon_eek

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If WA will literally not arrest rapists or murderers anymore then why should citizens bother with cat requirement laws?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if a handy guy could gut a catalytic converter? So to a dealer that wasn't looking so close it would appear it was still in place.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Better mileage?

Whut?
icon_eek
This. Do tell! I need better mileage.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:17 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

vic_b wrote:
I wonder if a handy guy could gut a catalytic converter? So to a dealer that wasn't looking so close it would appear it was still in place.

You can pull the cat and use some rebar to gut the inside baffles and just reinstall the shell…. So I have heard.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was reading about exhaust systems last night. Gutting the cat isn't such a good idea since the shape of the hollowed out cat would introduce turbulence and disturbs exhaust air pulse cycles. And just throwing bigger pipes at your car isn't always the best solution.

This is pretty interesting:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/how ... sic.19967/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Annnnnddddddd..... this pops up this morning:
https://www.kuow.org/stories/vancouver-business-to-pay-40-000-after-removing-catalytic-converters-from-trucks?fbclid=IwAR0h_O6hgiPj-rsIf5aAfOj_y03A5q38xAfjD5j5gCXFQY7ixs2WInQ8-YA
Quote:
Vancouver business to pay $40,000 after removing catalytic converters from trucks

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder if you could get a larger cat, core it, and run pipe equal to the diameter of the rest of your exhaust through it.

:peep:

Camouflage.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:40 am

It might not pop up at a state level, but the feds were going after all the shop tuners and builders that were doing cat deletes and fuel maps for customers. I doubt they'd waste their time for a single person/car, but I'm pretty sure there are some EPA regs that are violated by removing the cat for a street vehicle. If I recall right --- those fines were pretty stout.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
https://www.kuow.org/stories/vancouver-business-to-pay-40-000-after-removing-catalytic-converters-from-trucks?fbclid=IwAR0h_O6hgiPj-rsIf5aAfOj_y03A5q38xAfjD5j5gCXFQY7ixs2WInQ8-YA
Quote:
Vancouver business to pay $40,000 after removing catalytic converters from trucks

That article said that without the cat the trucks emit 40 times more harmful gases.

If Inslee only knew how bad these cat thefts are for the environment he would be taking extreme action. Maybe even basing his 2024 Presidential run on how effective he is at preventing emission related crime.

I spoke to my sister in Boston last night. This isn't a thing over there.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:58 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Joe Biden says E Cars dont have Cats...so that hows we fix the problem. We all nnneeeds a Erectric Carz.

I mean really its how all the DEMOCRATS fix shit...some hillbilly trailer park back woods, odd connecting the dots. irregular weird way of thinking.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

stompah wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Quote:

That article said that without the cat the trucks emit 40 times more harmful gases.

If Inslee only knew how bad these cat thefts are for the environment he would be taking extreme action. Maybe even basing his 2024 Presidential run on how effective he is at preventing emission related crime.

Thats cuz the criminals knows that ifn h gets snagged jacking a Cat he may loose his Jimmys...AKA family jewels.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
stompah wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Quote:

Thats cuz the criminals knows that ifn h gets snagged jacking a Cat he may loose his Jimmys...AKA family jewels.

I'm guess because streets are so tight and they've got granite curbs. So on the sidewalk side there's stone. The other side cars whizzing by. They'd lose their Jimmy and legs. Fair trade.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
So, can you run without a cat on newer cars? Or does it mess with the O2 sensor/computer interaction?

My work van is going to be breathing free as soon as I can get cyl #2 valve seat replaced in it.

Sorry, just had to do it.....

Still hoping Injector. :thumbsup2:

:bigsmile:

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next