Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:
It's either ignorance or dishonesty to boil pregnancy and childbirth down to just whether or not you "killing a baby." I have immediate family that work in the OBGYN field in Bellevue. Pregnancy is complicated. There are a number of instances that aborting a baby was a medical necessity. To me, it's chilling to think we could live in a world where a woman would l have to justify her miscarriage, or be forced to face a life threatening atopic or molar pregnancy.

I'm reminded of how 2A supporters get bent out of shape when critics don't seem to understand the basics of how firearms work, or misuse terminology ("it's a mag, not a clip!" "That round isn't capable of the destruction they've described!").

Can you please stop with the intellectually disingenuous arguments?

No one except the ultra-christian insane people who think men masturbating is the same as aborting a fetus, think that medically necessary abortions should be banned.

Nearly everyone, even hardcore anti-abortion people, support exemptions for abortions in cases of rape/incest/medical necessity.

ALL the studies put those categories at less than 5% of the total # of abortions.... With most having rape/incest/medical necessity around 3%, with some studies as low as ~1%..... Most studies show that the vast, VAST number of abortions are due to 'not wanting a child' and 'not financially ready'.... Literally 90+% of abortions are elective.

I get really tired of people talking about the 1% of outliers that aren't even an issue because there are already exemptions for that.

If a Dr. feels like there's a risk to the mother and aborting the child is the safest thing, then it can be done, even in TX or OK...

Shit, here in WA, no one has anything to worry about... They'll probably open an express lane just for pregnant men.

Alot of people out there who are so adamant about restricting people's right to healthcare choices probably can't identify 10% of the female reproductive system.

Well, if this thread was a woman, I think I found the vagina.. :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

I'm kidding, of course, but you left the door wide open for a joke like that and I couldn't help myself... :bigsmile: :cheers2:

Quote:
:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: Lol, fair enough, can't complain about someone hitting a homerun if you throw a softball. And congratulations on finding your first vagina.

:rofl9:

touché

Quote:
I agree with you're statement, and my comments were certainly not directed at you. But to be fair, there has been some talk about abortion = murder, and I don't agree that anything I said was disingenuous or meant to be some kind of intellectual flex. And you can be tired of people focusing in on the extremists on this issue, but there are a lot of politicians who refuse to concede that even medically sound abortions are acceptable because they don't want to upset their base. There would be a lot less angst for these "outliers" if the folks elected would say the exact same thing you just said, particularly the part about exemptions when prescribed by the Dr.

Having said that, perhaps my comments are coming across off topic..

There's a reason almost every state has these two statutes, or some iteration thereof....

'Homicide'
'Homicide - when justifiable'

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing that's pissing me off is these scenarios they're coming up with. "What if a 12 year old girl is raped by her dad and uncle should she keep the baby?"
What kind of psychos are asking these questions? when you know damn well it doesn't work for any other subject.
"What if a drug cartel is attacking your house and all you have is 10 round mags"

Fucking hypocrite liberal pieces of shit. Well actually most humans are hypocritical pieces of shit anyways

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:54 am

PW45 wrote:
The thing that's pissing me off is these scenarios they're coming up with. "What if a 12 year old girl is raped by her dad and uncle should she keep the baby?"
What kind of psychos are asking these questions? when you know damn well it doesn't work for any other subject.
"What if a drug cartel is attacking your house and all you have is 10 round mags"

Fucking hypocrite liberal pieces of shit. Well actually most humans are hypocritical pieces of shit anyways

Such absurdities should only be responded to with equal absurdity: "What if Godzilla crawled out of your ass?"

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://machiavel.substack.com/p/is-the ... -a-pyrrhic
The Supreme court’s overturning of the infamous Roe vs. Wade decision has been celebrated by pro-life activists across the nation, but this celebration seems to be based on faulty premises. The most critical of these premises is the belief, rarely voiced but clearly implied, that this is decision overturning Roe is etched in stone and will remain in force for a very long time. There is no reason to believe, however, that this is true. Given the left’s absolute contempt for following constitutional rules whenever they get in their way, how long will it be before pro-choice activists manage to get Roe reinstated? Since these people have no scruples and since their opponents have no means of controlling them, isn’t it only a matter of time before they once more establish Roe as the law of the entire land?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
PW45 wrote:

Such absurdities should only be responded to with equal absurdity: "What if Godzilla crawled out of your ass?"

You mean, what if a shooter was shooting up a school. Wouldn't it make sense to have all teachers armed? Oh wait... That does happen and that would be a huge deterrent. They will never agree with that.

Want to solve 10 year olds getting knocked up by dad or uncle. Collect DNA from the fetus, convict and chop it all off. And go deep, to the pelvis. Install a tube for pissing. Problem solved.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just think it’s hilarious how the left is reacting to this. Hypocrisy on full display

How many times do we get told ‘this is what democracy looks like’ when they scream in the streets?

Well, suck it up buttercup. Democracy is on full display in the laws that went into effect after the court basically said this shouldn’t be up to them

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
I just think it’s hilarious how the left is reacting to this. Hypocrisy on full display

How many times do we get told ‘this is what democracy looks like’ when they scream in the streets?

Well, suck it up buttercup. Democracy is on full display in the laws that went into effect after the court basically said this shouldn’t be up to them

True..

But for them, it’s treasonous when it’s done to them, and laws don’t apply.

Different rulz, and all that…

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

You’re raycis!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

You’re raycis!

:ROFLMAO:

Laws are about race?

Oh wait, they are now…

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

You’re raycis!

:ROFLMAO:

Laws are about race?

Oh wait, they are now…

EVERYTHING is about race with them.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of y'all put the CIS in raCISt!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-07-04- ... parks.html
Elizabeth Warren says that abortion providers can set up teepees on federal land in red states so "people" can get abortions.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm "people", so I guess I can get an abortion too.

Fauxcahontas says so.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess if there was a time to do this decision it would be now. The Dems think this will save them in the midterms but with inflation out of control they're making a bad bet. When they lose Congress the explosion of rage and denial will be immense. Lot's of meme material to ensue which will dwarf 2016. Even lib polling houses have admitted they lost their "bump" which I suspect never even existed given how most polls are already over-biased toward Dems anyway.

If they admit they are losing the it's likely twice as bad for them as what they say.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next