Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Already?

:trainwreck: :trainwreck: :trainwreck:

Just a prediction.............

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Already?

:trainwreck: :trainwreck: :trainwreck:

Just a prediction.............

Maybe a few hours early. Check back around sunset in the blue cities. :wavey:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hopefully they don't attack the US capital and search for members of Congress to eliminate. :ROFLMAO:

Divided we fall.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No worries there. Joe sent out a warning

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:27 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

RocketScott wrote:
No worries there. Joe sent out a warning

In music form...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzf5ABpDV_g

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little confused at the arguments.
Supreme Court says there is no Constitutional protection for abortions because it is not in the Constitution or history of the country.
Yet the Dems say social media is protected by the first amendment (social media not in Constitution) and AR15s are not legal because they are not in the Constitution.
So if it is something they want it doesn't matter if it is in the Constitution or not.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

78Rainier wrote:
A little confused at the arguments.
Supreme Court says there is no Constitutional protection for abortions because it is not in the Constitution or history of the country.
Yet the Dems say social media is protected by the first amendment (social media not in Constitution) and AR15s are not legal because they are not in the Constitution.
So if it is something they want it doesn't matter if it is in the Constitution or not.

It only makes sense if you're retarded, 'er liberal.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:39 am

And now we have Barry calling out (I assume to BLM/antifa) to go out and protest.... Think they will remain 'peaceful'?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... oe-v-wade/

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This case wasn't about the morality of abortion; it was about who has the power to legislate on abortion. The court rightly found that, according to the Constitution, this was an issue for the States to decide on their own per the 10th Amendment. It is not within the purview of the federal government. Of course, this nuance is lost on those in favor of unrestricted abortions, but if you're going to try to reason with them as to the legitimacy of this SCOTUS decision, my advice would be to stay focused on the constitutionality of the case, not the morality of it (although I think that is certainly a discussion that needs to be had as well).

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
This case wasn't about the morality of abortion; it was about who has the power to legislate on abortion. The court rightly found that, according to the Constitution, this was an issue for the States to decide on their own per the 10th Amendment. It is not within the purview of the federal government. Of course, this nuance is lost on those in favor of unrestricted abortions, but if you're going to try to reason with them as to the legitimacy of this SCOTUS decision, my advice would be to stay focused on the constitutionality of the case, not the morality of it (although I think that is certainly a discussion that needs to be had as well).

I am going with this. Well written.

My adding 0.02$, I think abortion is a pretty thin reed to use as one would define as a true FREEDOM. Or a RIGHT, CIVIL RIGHT, HUMAN RIGHT.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am

The problem with the abortion argument is that its the classic conflict of church and state --- when you start trying to have arguments with someone's 'beliefs' as a basis rather than facts or logic, there can be NO consensus or middle ground. Thats why there is a clause in the Constitution that declares a separation of church and state. Right or wrong comes down to your beliefs --- legality comes down to the beliefs of the people making the laws. The SCOTUS just told us the Constitution says that happens at the state level --- NOT the federal level.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

why do all the articles seem to really point out "without exceptions in the case of rape or incest."

Like how much incest abortions are going on out there and why would that specifically need to be an exception? What about the I got black out drunk and fucked the whole frat house now i'm pregnant and need an abortion exception?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Libs losing their minds are silly. Almost nothing will change. States that will outlaw abortion have few to no abortions already.

Oh hey welcome to the thread. I might refer to your post in the OD thread about playing god and deciding who should live or not.

I like that kind of thinking of some gun owners on this forum. They decide who is scum of the earth and should die. But babies… too innocent. What if they grow up to be the same junkies? Well, not your problem, they can die too. Just not in fetus form.

Babies haven't made choices yet, they're actually innocent and not in some subject woo woo patchuli infused essence of the universe way.

Regardless the decision was correct and the lib media even interviewed an expert who said abortion isn't in the constitution.

If you want an amendment for it then go to town and start the amendment process. I'm sure you know how it's done.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
The problem with the abortion argument is that its the classic conflict of church and state --- when you start trying to have arguments with someone's 'beliefs' as a basis rather than facts or logic, there can be NO consensus or middle ground. Thats why there is a clause in the Constitution that declares a separation of church and state. Right or wrong comes down to your beliefs --- legality comes down to the beliefs of the people making the laws. The SCOTUS just told us the Constitution says that happens at the state level --- NOT the federal level.

While I agree with you regarding arguing beliefs vs facts and logic, there is not anything in the Constitution that declares a separation of church and state. The establishment clause protects against government establishing or interfering with religion.
Probably nitpicking but it seems to be a common misconception.
There is also nothing in the Constitution protecting a "right" to abortion. Roe was bad law, period.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next