Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Supreme Court Strikes Down New York Law on Concealed Weapons 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can carry, but................................
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 14246.html

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You must submit your social media accounts for "review."

The courts need to nuke that shit ASAP.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, fuck that. It’s just “may issue” but with a different measurement.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, USSC rules they can't arbitrarily deny a permit... So what do they do? Create more standards by which they can arbitrarily deny a permit.

Quote:
The new law will require people trying to purchase a handgun license to hand over a list of social media accounts they have maintained over the last three years, so officials can verify their "character and conduct."

According to the measure, applicants must prove they have "the essential character, temperament and judgment necessary to be entrusted with a weapon and to use it only in a manner that does not endanger oneself and others."

"Sometimes, they’re telegraphing their intent to cause harm to others," Hochul said at a news conference.

Individuals applying for a license to carry a handgun will also be required to provide four character references and take 16 hours of gun safety training and two hours of shooting practice at a range. They will be subject to periodic background checks and will have to turn over social media accounts and contact information for adults living in their household.

The only good news is courts get SUPER pissed when you try an end run around their rulings.....

The bad news is, there is no way for the supreme court to enforce the order... It's up to the people to demand and stand up for their rights.. which means.... eventually, some state/county/city will say 'we don't care, we're doing it our way anyway'.... Just like they've been doing with illegal immigration.... and there you have a stage set for another civil war.

It's coming.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Joke is on them. I have no social media accounts. HAR HAR HAR!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:

What do you think this is?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

Tou F'g che' Scott! :ROFLMAO:

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

An internet gun range, DUH!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 am

Do you need four character references and turn over you social media accounts to be a police officer in NY?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I hope states like New York pay HARD for essentially giving SCOTUS the finger.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Yeah, I hope states like New York pay HARD for essentially giving SCOTUS the finger.

I am sure as you know the lawsuits will take time to go through the courts. The left has worked too long and hard to let a few renegade old judges to undo all their years of hardwork. Option A, pack the court, option B, use their congress minions to change the legislation, option C, smear campaign to pressure their target judges to resign or retire.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New York says "Hold my beer." Their governess is now going to require three years of an applicant's social media history submitted with CPL application.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ny- ... mpaign=754

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:
New York says "Hold my beer." Their governess is now going to require three years of an applicant's social media history submitted with CPL application.

:facepalm2:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

.... and if you have no social media accounts?

Will they pull the 'this is an incomplete application so we're not gonna process it' shit?

By what standards are they going to approve/deny based on social media?

It's still illegal BS, what they're trying to do... and they know it...

What happens when there's a single post that says 'I think black children should be taught by black teachers, black barbers cutting black hair,, and black restaurants serving black customers, all safe spaces for people of color to be themselves without interference from white people'. How do they know if it's the KKK or some super woke white lady that has a 'Wakanda Forever' bumper sticker on her car next to 'BIDEN/HARRIS' ?

This is merely a 'good reason' requirement under another name.

Shit, let's say it's some dude that's racist as fuck, and says he thinks white people are superior... You gonna deny him his rights because he has unpopular speech? Would it be a violation of 1A to deny someone's 2A based on protected speech? It would seem so.

We need to make legislators, police, and even judges, directly responsible for the actions they take. No more 'well, let them sue, and even if they lose, it's taxpayer money anyway'... No... They need to make it so they can sue the individual... When your house and savings are on the line, then you'll figure shit out real quick, on what's right and what's wrong.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

.... and if you have no social media accounts?

Will they pull the 'this is an incomplete application so we're not gonna process it' shit?

By what standards are they going to approve/deny based on social media?

It's still illegal BS, what they're trying to do... and they know it...

What happens when there's a single post that says 'I think black children should be taught by black teachers, black barbers cutting black hair,, and black restaurants serving black customers, all safe spaces for people of color to be themselves without interference from white people'. How do they know if it's the KKK or some super woke white lady that has a 'Wakanda Forever' bumper sticker on her car next to 'BIDEN/HARRIS' ?

This is merely a 'good reason' requirement under another name.

Shit, let's say it's some dude that's racist as fuck, and says he thinks white people are superior... You gonna deny him his rights because he has unpopular speech? Would it be a violation of 1A to deny someone's 2A based on protected speech? It would seem so.

We need to make legislators, police, and even judges, directly responsible for the actions they take. No more 'well, let them sue, and even if they lose, it's taxpayer money anyway'... No... They need to make it so they can sue the individual... When your house and savings are on the line, then you'll figure shit out real quick, on what's right and what's wrong.

All that makes sense and that's why they don't GAF!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next