Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Supreme Court Strikes Down New York Law on Concealed Weapons 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huge win AFAIK!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-co ... 1655995248

"The Supreme Court struck down New York state’s system for issuing concealed weapons permits, ruling that the century-old law requiring that applicants demonstrate “proper cause” and “good moral character” violates the Second Amendment."

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Last edited by Pablo on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need to take up magazine bans and assault weapons bans

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is great news!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed it is a small win for our side.
But there are more pressing matters at hand, like red flag laws, magazine and assault weapons bans.
They also need to determine the real definition of “assault weapon” to do away with the media/anti-guns fake label.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It amazes me that it take a century to strike down such state law. How many lives could be saved if it were never enacted in the first place.

The other side will keep throwing anything at our 2A, all they need is one nugget to clobber up the court system for years, while their msm trying to change public opinion.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Liddlebit81 wrote:
It amazes me that it take a century to strike down such state law. How many lives could be saved if it were never enacted in the first place.

The other side will keep throwing anything at our 2A, all they need is one nugget to clobber up the court system for years, while their msm trying to change public opinion.

This ^

The left doesn't give two shits whether or not it's legal. Just look at all the :bonghit: capacity, (standard capacity in reality) magazine BS laws that have been put in place and then take years to overturn.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, this should slide down to Illinois, California and Hawaii, right?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
So, this should slide down to Illinois, California and Hawaii, right?

In theory, yes, as a precedence is in good faith.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How long till NY says you need 240 hours of training to apply and the yearly fee is $10,000?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 am

Poor Joey is upset with the ruling...

"Since 1911, the State of New York has required individuals who would like to carry a concealed weapon in public to show a need to do so for the purpose of self-defense and to acquire a license," Biden wrote. "More than a century later, the United States Supreme Court has chosen to strike down New York’s long-established authority to protect its citizens."

So is the NY State Governor...

Biden's statement came minutes after Democratic New York Gov. Kathy Hochul also condemned the ruling, calling it a "dark day" for New York. Hochul stated that the U.S. only had access to muskets when the 2nd Amendment was written, and that she was "prepared to go back to muskets" through gun restrictions.

Per Foxnews.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... 4353b7dde8

Welp, Kathy... I guess you're going to need to get a printing press. You don't need a microphone and TV cameras at your beck and calling... I mean in all fairness that's what they had when they wrote the 1st Amendment.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am

I am enjoying reading articles in the most left wing media I can find. They are really squirming!

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny- ... story.html

I loved this article. Disagree with absolutely everything it wrote but it was fun seeing the reaction

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any info on how fast the may issue states will be complying with this?

Also, does this mean that asshole states like CA and others will be forced to grant permits for out of staters who visit or have property in them?

If the core argument is that 2A applies outside the home for carry, then it should apply to people crossing state lines.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:20 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

It always amuses me when they start whining that the streets will be filled with blood by allowing honest, law-abiding citizens to carry guns. Criminals already don't care about guns, so this only affects the good guys anyway! So stupid.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Any info on how fast the may issue states will be complying with this?

Also, does this mean that asshole states like CA and others will be forced to grant permits for out of staters who visit or have property in them?

If the core argument is that 2A applies outside the home for carry, then it should apply to people crossing state lines.

This.

Also from what I understand with this ruling the 9th circus will have to go back and take out the 2 step approach and go off of text history and tradition.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called a few county sheriffs in Commiefornia to see if they'd be granting out of state CCW permits. They basically told me to go f myself.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next