Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 15 Senate RINOs vote for gun control, now to House 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So far they've only voted to advance the legislation, but a final vote may be this week. It's 80 pages long and full of shit they are trying to ram through fast before people can object. Among the worst parts are "incentives" to get states to pass "red flag laws" which get rid of people's due process rights under the law. To see other issues look at how WA's version of that from Initiative 1491 has been abused here and how police are openly coaching people on how to lie on extreme risk protection orders and get away with it.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=122437&hilit=1491

Here are the 14 senators.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/353 ... fety-bill/

Among them is Lisa Murkowski who is up for a tough reelection in Alaska. If you have friends or family in Alaska make sure they email Murkowski and tell her this is an absolute deal breaker. Murkowski has turned the phones on all her offices off which is a bad sign and what she usually does when she's about to do something she knows her voters will hate.

edit: 15 RINOs voted to pass it. No democrats voted against it.
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... _00242.htm

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From three big pro-gun lobbies:

https://gunsandgadgetsdaily.com/nra-gun ... k+%26+MORE

"You can thank the worthless GOP,” the FPC wrote, “which has basically f*cked you and your rights- but couldn’t be bothered to buy you dinner.”

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When their leadership votes for it, what do you need to finally come to terms that the party is out of touch with whom they say they represent?

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
When their leadership votes for it, what do you need to finally come to terms that the party is out of touch with whom they say they represent?

One problem is that there are so many people who ‘don’t pay attention to politics’, then, they get in a voting booth, or look at their ballot, and just go “oh, I’ve heard that name”, and bam, more voting for incumbent idiots…name recognition.

Combine that with so many getting biased info, and it’s a tough one-two punch to overcome…

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

soap box. ballot box. Ammo box. Not many options left.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:

Yep.

And a huge portion of folks don’t understand that it’s not really gun control.

It’s people control.

They don’t understand that without the 2A, you’ll quickly lose the 1A…

Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1A-2A=-1A

Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
dj_fatstyles wrote:

Yep.

And a huge portion of folks don’t understand that it’s not really gun control.

It’s people control.

They don’t understand that without the 2A, you’ll quickly lose the 1A…

And the 4th and many others

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Gman wrote:

One problem is that there are so many people who ‘don’t pay attention to politics’, then, they get in a voting booth, or look at their ballot, and just go “oh, I’ve heard that name”, and bam, more voting for incumbent idiots…name recognition.

Combine that with so many getting biased info, and it’s a tough one-two punch to overcome…

Yep, people, along with many gun owners are so into the “I just want to be left alone.” Math is hard!!!
The words I’ve been preaching to any that will listen is “TOO LATE” the world has been fucked over by communist, they are not Democrats!!!
When many think it’s time to bury your guns it is indeed time to use them.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:18 pm

I think part of the problem is the GOP (to my knowledge) hasn't offered any kind of legislation as an alternative. Security for schools? Funding for mental health support/treatment? A lot of talk around these issues, but no pen to paper (I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am). For many people who straddle the 2A line, another direction might be more palatable than further restrictions on firearms, but at this point, republicans haven't offered anything. Kind of like the health care issue. It's getting to a point where a lot of people are in the camp of "better to do something than nothing at all."

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
I think part of the problem is the GOP (to my knowledge) hasn't offered any kind of legislation as an alternative. Security for schools? Funding for mental health support/treatment? A lot of talk around these issues, but no pen to paper (I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am). For many people who straddle the 2A line, another direction might be more palatable than further restrictions on firearms, but at this point, republicans haven't offered anything. Kind of like the health care issue. It's getting to a point where a lot of people are in the camp of "better to do something than nothing at all."

There are a few who don't believe the government is or ever had the answer. I mean what past events would lead one to the conclusion that more laws, more rules more money more taxes would solve this issue?

When you are in a hole and can't get out, FIRST stop digging.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone who votes with Mittens Romney is an asshole.
Trust me, I know, we had to deal with one of his delegates, Dola Hamilton Stemberg (Married/divorced the founder of Staples). Couldn't get a fair shared well agreement with her in 2018 in the property we ended up selling (for a profit, so there's that)...her Boston Lawyer was a real piece of work)

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:00 pm

Pablo wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

There are a few who don't believe the government is or ever had the answer. I mean what past events would lead one to the conclusion that more laws, more rules more money more taxes would solve this issue?

When you are in a hole and can't get out, FIRST stop digging.

I can follow that. And maybe part of the issue is that "the few" who believe that less government intervention aren't enough to allow politicians to offer that as a palatable direction for correcting the mass shooting trend. If I am to believe any of the polls, most American's want something done about it. I could be 100% wrong, but if the GOP continues to offer nothing except push back on gun laws, their ability to keep anti 2A legislation will erode. I guess the ultimate indicator will be realized in the elections.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Republicans have offered solutions but libs and their media won't enact them. 70-90% of murder is committed by repeat offenders. Longer mandatory sentences and bans on plea bargaining will fix that easily and be cheaper than expensive repeat manhunts, booking, processing, trials and sentencing so taxes go down too.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Alpine wrote:
Republicans have offered solutions but libs and their media won't enact them. 70-90% of murder is committed by repeat offenders. Longer mandatory sentences and bans on plea bargaining will fix that easily and be cheaper than expensive repeat manhunts, booking, processing, trials and sentencing so taxes go down too.

I'm making the distinction between talking/offering solutions and actually writing and trying to pass legislation. I don't pretend to have my ear to the ground on all of this, but maybe along the lines of what Pablo mentioned, maybe a lot of the things republicans are trying are being done on a more local/state level, and not getting the attention of glamorous Federal legislation. But if they've written and proposed legislation for solutions, I probably just missed it.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next