Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 15 Senate RINOs vote for gun control, now to House 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, most sentencing statutes are local level. Don't let the circus in the national legislature or the lib media's fixation on it distract you.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Republicans have offered solutions but libs and their media won't enact them. 70-90% of murder is committed by repeat offenders. Longer mandatory sentences and bans on plea bargaining will fix that easily and be cheaper than expensive repeat manhunts, booking, processing, trials and sentencing so taxes go down too.

I'm making the distinction between talking/offering solutions and actually writing and trying to pass legislation. I don't pretend to have my ear to the ground on all of this, but maybe along the lines of what Pablo mentioned, maybe a lot of the things republicans are trying are being done on a more local/state level, and not getting the attention of glamorous Federal legislation. But if they've written and proposed legislation for solutions, I probably just missed it.

What EXACT legislation are you looking for?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fishinpnw wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Republicans have offered solutions but libs and their media won't enact them. 70-90% of murder is committed by repeat offenders. Longer mandatory sentences and bans on plea bargaining will fix that easily and be cheaper than expensive repeat manhunts, booking, processing, trials and sentencing so taxes go down too.

I'm making the distinction between talking/offering solutions and actually writing and trying to pass legislation. I don't pretend to have my ear to the ground on all of this, but maybe along the lines of what Pablo mentioned, maybe a lot of the things republicans are trying are being done on a more local/state level, and not getting the attention of glamorous Federal legislation. But if they've written and proposed legislation for solutions, I probably just missed it.

I think Alpine's point is a solid one. Basically, why do we need more laws when we could just solve many of our problems my enforcing the laws we have?

If someone commits the crime, make them do the time. It's that simple. No more of the bullshit non-arrest or non-prosecution approachs that are being taken in so many of our cities.

And part of this is recognizing that while school shootings get 99% of the press, everyday murders are 99% of the problem. Statistically speaking, if we want to look at this from a rational and non-emotional point of view, school shootings are pretty irrelevant.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya and also if we reduce 90% of the non-school shooting murders it will likely have a sympathetic response on reducing school shooting murders too because
-police resources are more available
-there's less of a culture of violence and murder and media focus on murder
-more tax dollars for protection and mental health
And myriad others I can't even think of right now.

It's hard to imagine a future where violent criminals are kept locked up, society gets safer and school shootings just keep going regardless. Keep in mind how often society was warned about these school shooters ahead of time and authorities did nothing.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
…Basically, why do we need more laws when we could just solve many of our problems my enforcing the laws we have?…

Exactly.

But that’s the knee-jerk reaction by politicians to ‘give the appearance’ that they’re doing something.

An easy case-in-point example that’s in the headlines, along with this, is the Supreme Court Justice security. They want to act like they need new laws passed for their security.

There are already laws on the books, but Dems want to act like there isn’t one, because then the public would realize they’re just choosing to not enforce it.

It’s another clown show, and they think people don’t know.

November will hurt…

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:
soap box. ballot box. Ammo box. Not many options left.

On to pine box?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lawmakers get attention making new laws. Enforcement is usually the job of the executive and judicial roles.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But Soros’ money, along with others’, have blurred the lines.

Soros money + Alinsky philosophy + Puppets from Obama to Pelosi to Biden + Water-carrying Media = Current shitshow.

And now they’re pissed because they can’t control the judiciary, so they’re trying to do so through lack of enforcement on judicial threats.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It passed the Senate 65-33.
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... _00242.htm

15 RINOs voted to take away your rights. Several are up for reelection. Let's make sure they lose those races.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
It passed the Senate 65-33.
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... _00242.htm

15 RINOs voted to take away your rights. Several are up for reelection. Let's make sure they lose those races.
Let's see who is running against them first. Might be worse

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:24 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most of them are retiring. A last hoorah that I’m sure padded their post political pockets.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:37 am
Profile WWW

per CNN 24 June 22, quote:

Here is a breakdown of what's in the bill.

-$750 million to help states implement and run crisis intervention programs

-Closing the so-called boyfriend loophole

-Requires more gun sellers to register as Federally Licensed Firearm Dealers

-More thorough reviews of people ages 18-21 who want to buy guns

-Creates new federal statutes against gun trafficking and straw trafficking

-Increases funding for mental health programs and school security

unquote...https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/21/politics ... index.html

not sure what the uproar is about per se.

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Most of them are retiring. A last hoorah that I’m sure padded their post political pockets.

Yep, said the same thing. Just shows that most of them are deep state fixtures that are more often RINO's than people willing to stand for the people they are supposed to represent.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

curiouscuz wrote:
per CNN 24 June 22, quote:

Here is a breakdown of what's in the bill.

-$750 million to help states implement and run crisis intervention programs

-Closing the so-called boyfriend loophole

-Requires more gun sellers to register as Federally Licensed Firearm Dealers

-More thorough reviews of people ages 18-21 who want to buy guns

-Creates new federal statutes against gun trafficking and straw trafficking

-Increases funding for mental health programs and school security

unquote...https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/21/politics ... index.html

not sure what the uproar is about per se.

Not hard to find. Have you been paying attention?
If you are getting your news from CNN guess not.

Those are all parts of the bill that most of us would support or while maybe not wholeheartedly at least understand.
What you failed to list is a big amount of money to push states to pass red flag laws. You know those laws that violate the 4th, 14th, and several other amendments. That ignores innocent until proven guilty. Seizure of private property without the right to defend yourself. You know those little things that every authoritarian regime in existence does to take power.
That is the biggest and nastiest part of the bills that these traitors who call themselves republicans voted for. There are a few other more minor that is all window dressing.
And once again do we really need yet another broad spending bill from the feds that the states themselves could actually do?

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Last edited by Col_Temp on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next