Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 WDFW looking for people to sit on Wolf Advisory Group 

Giant is in the eye of the beholder and that is the problem when we have citizens that think bobcats are cougars.

Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
Evidently Alpine is ignorant about the diseases we now have in the states undulate herds. We have hair loss disease, Chronic wasting and this hoof disease in elk. If we had more preditors hunters would not be harvesting as many stumbling elk with hoof disease.

I live half time on White Pass and am that voting districts PCO I am not getting any calls about wolves. There used to be a wolf pack on Round Mountain years ago. I have seen a wolf like animal in the Wildcat Creek drainage but I suspect it was a hybred because its tail was curled the times I saw it. I suspect that it did not live long as I only encountered it twice. I have been authorized to dispatch any and all wolves that can curl their tail. If there was a population on White Pass they way I get around I would know about it.....There simply isnt. I do agree with Alpine that non furries need to fulfill the positions on the wolf board. I simply do not have the time.

My parents live out on the Yakama Rez. We had a neighbor that bred hybreds. His pups were in the 90% range as both his sire and dam were 90% Grey wolf. His compound was large and well fenced and far enough away at a mile that we never heard them. My god parents had a half timberwolf half Siberian when I was young. He was a good dog but my sister and I were always reminded to not make suddden moves.

I suspect that a good number of these wolf problems are from hybreds and even huskies that owners have turned out because they are to lazy to handle then properly. I can say lazy because the family dog for many years was a siberian husky since I was an infant with a succession of four of them. My nephew currently has two siblings and a labradore retriever and when the three get loose they act as a pack. They are kenneled in a nice size outside kennel when no one is at home.

I'm not ignorant about disease, the wolves aren't doing much about them. They'd rather "surplus kill" (feeding frenzy) entire herds or leave them to rot, or prey on easy targets (domestic cattle).

If you want to go Star Trek IV and travel back 100 years and bring forward in time the smaller wolves that used to live here maybe that would work. These giant arctic grays aren't doing what their advocates claim they're here for.

Are you still running with the thought that Arctic Wolves are the biggest around? Or even bigger than the NW Wolves? You seem super focused on the size alone. Arctic Wolves aren't exactly the biggest wolves around.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Alpine wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
Evidently Alpine is ignorant about the diseases we now have in the states undulate herds. We have hair loss disease, Chronic wasting and this hoof disease in elk. If we had more preditors hunters would not be harvesting as many stumbling elk with hoof disease.

I live half time on White Pass and am that voting districts PCO I am not getting any calls about wolves. There used to be a wolf pack on Round Mountain years ago. I have seen a wolf like animal in the Wildcat Creek drainage but I suspect it was a hybred because its tail was curled the times I saw it. I suspect that it did not live long as I only encountered it twice. I have been authorized to dispatch any and all wolves that can curl their tail. If there was a population on White Pass they way I get around I would know about it.....There simply isnt. I do agree with Alpine that non furries need to fulfill the positions on the wolf board. I simply do not have the time.

My parents live out on the Yakama Rez. We had a neighbor that bred hybreds. His pups were in the 90% range as both his sire and dam were 90% Grey wolf. His compound was large and well fenced and far enough away at a mile that we never heard them. My god parents had a half timberwolf half Siberian when I was young. He was a good dog but my sister and I were always reminded to not make suddden moves.

I suspect that a good number of these wolf problems are from hybreds and even huskies that owners have turned out because they are to lazy to handle then properly. I can say lazy because the family dog for many years was a siberian husky since I was an infant with a succession of four of them. My nephew currently has two siblings and a labradore retriever and when the three get loose they act as a pack. They are kenneled in a nice size outside kennel when no one is at home.

I'm not ignorant about disease, the wolves aren't doing much about them. They'd rather "surplus kill" (feeding frenzy) entire herds or leave them to rot, or prey on easy targets (domestic cattle).

If you want to go Star Trek IV and travel back 100 years and bring forward in time the smaller wolves that used to live here maybe that would work. These giant arctic grays aren't doing what their advocates claim they're here for.

Are you still running with the thought that Arctic Wolves are the biggest around? Or even bigger than the NW Wolves? You seem super focused on the size alone. Arctic Wolves aren't exactly the biggest wolves around.

Are you saying the Canadian timberwolf is NOT bigger than the Cascade wolf was?

Sat May 21, 2022 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Alpine wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

Are you saying Canis lupus occidentalis is NOT bigger than the Canis lupus fuscus?

FIFY

Divided we fall.

Sat May 21, 2022 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Alpine wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

Are you saying Canis lupus occidentalis is NOT bigger than the Canis lupus fuscus?

FIFY

Yet you didn't answer the question. Although you think Rottweiler's and Toy Poodles are the same so I'm not sure you're the one to ask.

Sat May 21, 2022 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Alpine wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

FIFY

Yet you didn't answer the question. Although you think Rottweiler's and Toy Poodles are the same so I'm not sure you're the one to ask.

Sure do, both are Canis lupus familiaris. lol

Divided we fall.

Sat May 21, 2022 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Deceitful on your part. Gray wolves are gray wolves the world around. Canis Lupis is always Canis Lupis, and nothing more as you postulate here. Gray wolves roamed the entire continent before they were nearly eradicated.

https://www.sanjuancitizens.org/species ... adian-wolf

OhShoot! wrote:

So all gray wolves and dog breeds are nothing more than Canis Lupis correct? All are the same?

Sat May 21, 2022 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Deceitful on your part. Gray wolves are gray wolves the world around. Canis Lupis is always Canis Lupis, and nothing more as you postulate here. Gray wolves roamed the entire continent before they were nearly eradicated.

OhShoot! wrote:

So all gray wolves and dog breeds are nothing more than Canis Lupis correct? All are the same?

Correct, but they are of different subspecies. Biology 101.

Divided we fall.

Sat May 21, 2022 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, that's the level of misinformation the wolf defenders are using. I saw a 5 pound lapso-apso/Yorkie mix at the dog park yesterday. There was also a newfoundland and a great dane there.

But nope, they're all the same.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat May 21, 2022 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

OhShoot! wrote:

So let's get rid of all the wolves in the Cascades and introduce shih tzus. Then the wolf haters are happy and the nature lovers can sleep well knowing Canis Lupus are back in the Cascades.

Sat May 21, 2022 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

OhShoot! wrote:

So let's get rid of all the wolves in the Cascades and introduce shih tzus. Then the wolf haters are happy and the nature lovers can sleep well knowing Canis Lupus are back in the Cascades.

Nice answer. Knocked out of the park.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat May 21, 2022 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few days ago a lion attacked a 9 year old at her Bible Camp in Stevens County. I've actually been by that place several times and the locals say the lion population has been exploding for many years since the 1996 ban on letting regular citizens use hounds (government bureaucrats are still allowed the privilege of hound hunting).

The lion wasn't diseased and this is now the second lion attack in WA in just a couple years.

https://www.themeateater.com/conservati ... washington

While this wasn't about wolves this shows a pattern of neglect that WA government and WDFW is willing to let people literally be killed or heavily mauled by letting predators both native and non-native run amok. Make no mistake there's no effective way to cull lion numbers without hound hunting but the libs will never let that come back. And with wolves their numbers aren't evenly spreading out and establishing equilibrium and avoiding cattle and pets and only sticking to wild game.

Even worse the liberal WDFW jackass they quote in the article blames these problems on "hobby farms" from people moving to rural areas. Hobby farms? Fuck you government dipshit. People want to feed themselves and others and have a place to live when STHF and you call them "hobby farms" like some elite coastal yuppie in order to demean them. This is the problem. The western WA folks control government and think everyone else in Eastern and southern WA are cretins.
And yes that guy is a "public figure" as he has been in TV shows and is now "famous" by his own design, so we can rag on his ass all day long and tell him to fuck himself without fear of the libel laws.

Quote:

Quote:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
A few days ago a lion attacked a 9 year old at her Bible Camp in Stevens County. I've actually been by that place several times and the locals say the lion population has been exploding for many years since the 1996 ban on letting regular citizens use hounds (government bureaucrats are still allowed the privilege of hound hunting).

The lion wasn't diseased and this is now the second lion attack in WA in just a couple years.

https://www.themeateater.com/conservati ... washington

While this wasn't about wolves this shows a pattern of neglect that WA government and WDFW is willing to let people literally be killed or heavily mauled by letting predators both native and non-native run amok. Make no mistake there's no effective way to cull lion numbers without hound hunting but the libs will never let that come back. And with wolves their numbers aren't evenly spreading out and establishing equilibrium and avoiding cattle and pets and only sticking to wild game.

Even worse the liberal WDFW jackass they quote in the article blames these problems on "hobby farms" from people moving to rural areas. Hobby farms? Fuck you government dipshit. People want to feed themselves and others and have a place to live when STHF and you call them "hobby farms" like some elite coastal yuppie in order to demean them. This is the problem. The western WA folks control government and think everyone else in Eastern and southern WA are cretins.
And yes that guy is a "public figure" as he has been in TV shows and is now "famous" by his own design, so we can rag on his ass all day long and tell him to fuck himself without fear of the libel laws.

Yep!!!
An the same folk making rules, cry under a blanket in their bedroom when a bear tears down their bird feeder, and then wants the nuisance animal moved.
Been hunting this state for 50 some odd years, it's changed.
Few of us were talking about the diminishing elk herd in northeast Washington and thousands of pictures of wolves, with some biologists saying over hunting...
Until hound hunting and permits for wolves get in the mix in Washington, Cascade and Eastern hunting will continue to decline.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4