Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 127  Next
 Russia-Ukraine War 

Putin's annexation speech was unexpectedly rich on cultural critique of the West apparently not unusual in Republican circles:

https://www.newsweek.com/putins-satanis ... ns-1748094
Putin's 'Satanism' Speech Compared to Rhetoric From MAGA Republicans

Full transcript in translation to English: https://www.algora.com/Algora_blog/2022 ... ins-speech

Gotta love the guy! :) "Genius!" :) Skip Tucker, go for the source! :)

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Let’s answer some very simple questions for ourselves. Now I would like to return to what I said and want to address also all citizens of the country – not just the colleagues that are in the hall – but all citizens of Russia: do we want to have here, in our country, in Russia, “parent number one, parent number two and parent number three” (they have completely lost it!) instead of mother and father? Do we want our schools to impose on our children, from their earliest days in school, perversions that lead to degradation and extinction? Do we want to drum into their heads the ideas that certain other genders exist along with women and men and to offer them gender reassignment surgery? Is that what we want for our country and our children? This is all unacceptable to us. We have a different future of our own.

Let me repeat that the dictatorship of the Western elites targets all societies, including the citizens of Western countries themselves. This is a challenge to all. This complete renunciation of what it means to be human, the overthrow of faith and traditional values, and the suppression of freedom are coming to resemble a “religion in reverse” – pure Satanism. Exposing false messiahs, Jesus Christ said in the Sermon on the Mount: “By their fruits ye shall know them.” These poisonous fruits are already obvious to people, and not only in our country but also in all countries, including many people in the West itself.

The world has entered a period of a fundamental, revolutionary transformation. New centres of power are emerging. They represent the majority – the majority! – of the international community. They are ready not only to declare their interests but also to protect them. They see in multipolarity an opportunity to strengthen their sovereignty, which means gaining genuine freedom, historical prospects, and the right to their own independent, creative and distinctive forms of development, to a harmonious process.

As I have already said, we have many like-minded people in Europe and the United States, and we feel and see their support. An essentially emancipatory, anti-colonial movement against unipolar hegemony is taking shape in the most diverse countries and societies. Its power will only grow with time. It is this force that will determine our future geopolitical reality.

V. Putin. Sept. 30 2022

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Last edited by SurfPerch on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:27 pm

surevaliance wrote:
Did you know that Russia paid off its debt for the WWII lend-lease only in 2006?

Yes I did :) That's still 4 months earlier than UK :)
But I'm curious where you are going with this...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Did you know that Russia paid off its debt for the WWII lend-lease only in 2006?

For decades Soviet, then Russian, comrades - “the victorious nation”, - were debt slaves of hated Western banksters.
And they still.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:55 am

On Friday Putin claimed to have annexed Donetsk and said Russia would treat any attack on it as an attack on Russian territory.

On Saturday the Ukrainians routed 5000 Russian soldiers in a key Donetsk city, Lyman, and captured it.

Bluff called. Now what?

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am

surevaliance wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

For decades Soviet, then Russian, comrades - “the victorious nation”, - were debt slaves of hated Western banksters.
And they still.

Thanks for following up.
Not sure I'd use lend-lease to make a point about Soviets being "debt slaves" and Western "banksters". Lend-lease was direct federal gov-t program paid with money minted by Treasury bypassing what I think of as "banksters". Soviets generally scoffed at US demands after war to pay US-quoted amounts and paid mostly with middle finger outside measly "pipeline" payments. By 1972 Soviets negotiated down from initial $1.38bln to $720mln in exchange for US giving MFN status for Soviets and made three initial installments (around $38mln each) but in 2 years the Congress blew Soviets off over immigration and US got a middle finger again - until 1990 and USSR dissolution, MFN extension to Russia and then installments were reduced by inflation to a drop in a bucket for Russia.
So Russia and even more so, USSR were no "debt slaves" to anybody over lend-lease. . Plus in general in people's memory the lend-lease carried a lot of good will and good deal of respect toward American people in general. A can of spam in the trenches goes a long way... This of course was fading with a time in a Cold War being offset by bitterness over USA hailed as a "victor" in WW2, while 98% of German battle losses were at Eastern front with nobody paying as high a price in blood for defeating Germans as Soviets did... But that's another story...

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:17 pm

hkhnm wrote:
On Friday Putin claimed to have annexed Donetsk and said Russia would treat any attack on it as an attack on Russian territory.

On Saturday the Ukrainians routed 5000 Russian soldiers in a key Donetsk city, Lyman, and captured it.

Bluff called. Now what?

Depends who you ask :) Here's for example translation of an opinion from one of Russian propaganda sites asking similar question.
[Beware cringeworthy attitude - but it's like that over there... The popular term outside Russia for it is "rashizm"...]
Keep that in mind while considering your options...

https://topcor.ru/28409-novorossija-nas ... alshe.html
Novorossia is ours: what's next?

Quote:
..Finally, we should talk about real intimidation, bringing to hysterics and pig squeal of yellow-blue biomass. Shelling and sabotage against civilian targets in Novorossiya can no longer remain without an equivalent response - directed specifically against the civilian population of the enemy. The Western region still remains practically untouched, and if earlier it could be attributed to “humanism” or the inexpediency of firing Iskanders at individual pigsties, now there are both grounds and means for this. Each artillery strike on Donetsk or Kherson should lead to a night flight to Lvov and Ivano-Frankivsk of a flock of "Geraniums" [Iranian kamikaze drones used by Russia] - in the same way, on residential buildings, with wings full of "explanatory notes" for those who are lucky enough to survive.

The real victory of Russia in this campaign will only be the destruction (preferably physical) of the Kyiv regime and the complete elimination of the so-called "Ukraine". And for this, the Nazis must burn along with the ground under their feet everywhere - both on the front line and in the rear.

Last edited by SurfPerch on Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:14 pm

:peep: So.... is there a 1-3-6 month waiting period before NATO intervenes in an act of war AFTER you sign up????
Just axing..... :peep:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

And they still.

Thanks for following up.
Not sure I'd use lend-lease to make a point about Soviets being "debt slaves" and Western "banksters". Lend-lease was direct federal gov-t program paid with money minted by Treasury bypassing what I think of as "banksters". Soviets generally scoffed at US demands after war to pay US-quoted amounts and paid mostly with middle finger outside measly "pipeline" payments. By 1972 Soviets negotiated down from initial $1.38bln to $720mln in exchange for US giving MFN status for Soviets and made three initial installments (around $38mln each) but in 2 years the Congress blew Soviets off over immigration and US got a middle finger again - until 1990 and USSR dissolution, MFN extension to Russia and then installments were reduced by inflation to a drop in a bucket for Russia.
So Russia and even more so, USSR were no "debt slaves" to anybody over lend-lease. . Plus in general in people's memory the lend-lease carried a lot of good will and good deal of respect toward American people in general. A can of spam in the trenches goes a long way... This of course was fading with a time in a Cold War being offset by bitterness over USA hailed as a "victor" in WW2, while 98% of German battle losses were at Eastern front with nobody paying as high a price in blood for defeating Germans as Soviets did... But that's another story...

And lemme guess where US gubment keeps all of “its” money…
In other words - who owns the capital stock of the so-called Federal Reserve?

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The more shit that keeps getting dug up, the more Russia is sounding like the sane one in all this.

If he's concerned about the plight of people that identify as historically and culturally Russian, then offer them asylum....in lieu of a land war.

But I'm guessing he needs the territory as well, so it's as good an excuse as any to move in and take it....re : 'I'm protecting my people'...

Ukraine is corrupt as shit, and we have to take care of our own people before we send billions overseas (yeah, I know, too late).

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Western elites not only deny national sovereignty and international law. Their hegemony has pronounced features of totalitarianism, despotism and apartheid. They brazenly divide the world into their vassals – the so-called civilised countries – and all the rest, who, according to the designs of today’s Western racists, should be added to the list of barbarians and savages. False labels like “rogue country” or “authoritarian regime” are already available, and are used to stigmatise entire nations and states, which is nothing new. There is nothing new in this: deep down, the Western elites have remained the same colonisers. They discriminate and divide peoples into the top tier and the rest.

We have never agreed to and will never agree to such political nationalism and racism. What else, if not racism, is the Russophobia being spread around the world? What, if not racism, is the West’s dogmatic conviction that its civilisation and neoliberal culture is an indisputable model for the entire world to follow? “You’re either with us or against us.” It even sounds strange.

Western elites are even shifting repentance for their own historical crimes on everyone else, demanding that the citizens of their countries and other peoples confess to things they have nothing to do with at all, for example, the period of colonial conquests.

Quote:
The United States is the only country in the world that has used nuclear weapons twice, destroying the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan. And they created a precedent.

Recall that during WWII the United States and Britain reduced Dresden, Hamburg, Cologne and many other German cities to rubble, without the least military necessity. It was done ostentatiously and, to repeat, without any military necessity. They had only one goal, as with the nuclear bombing of Japanese cities: to intimidate our country and the rest of the world.

The United States left a deep scar in the memory of the people of Korea and Vietnam with their carpet bombings and use of napalm and chemical weapons.

It actually continues to occupy Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea and other countries, which they cynically refer to as equals and allies. Look now, what kind of alliance is that? The whole world knows that the top officials in these countries are being spied on and that their offices and homes are bugged. It is a disgrace, a disgrace for those who do this and for those who, like slaves, silently and meekly swallow this arrogant behaviour.

They call the orders and threats they make to their vassals Euro-Atlantic solidarity, and the creation of biological weapons and the use of human test subjects, including in Ukraine, noble medical research.

It is their destructive policies, wars and plunder that have unleashed today’s massive wave of migrants. Millions of people endure hardships and humiliation or die by the thousands trying to reach Europe.

Quote:
Washington demands more and more sanctions against Russia and the majority of European politicians obediently go along with it. They clearly understand that by pressuring the EU to completely give up Russian energy and other resources, the United States is practically pushing Europe toward deindustrialisation in a bid to get its hands on the entire European market. These European elites understand everything – they do, but they prefer to serve the interests of others. This is no longer servility but direct betrayal of their own peoples. God bless, it is up to them.

But the Anglo-Saxons believe sanctions are no longer enough and now they have turned to subversion. It seems incredible but it is a fact – by causing explosions on Nord Stream’s international gas pipelines passing along the bottom of the Baltic Sea, they have actually embarked on the destruction of Europe’s entire energy infrastructure. It is clear to everyone who stands to gain. Those who benefit are responsible, of course.

Quote:
But people cannot be fed with printed dollars and euros. You can’t feed them with those pieces of paper, and the virtual, inflated capitalisation of western social media companies can’t heat their homes. Everything I am saying is important. And what I just said is no less so: you can’t feed anyone with paper – you need food; and you can’t heat anyone’s home with these inflated capitalisations – you need energy.

That is why politicians in Europe have to convince their fellow citizens to eat less, take a shower less often and dress warmer at home. And those who start asking fair questions like “Why is that, in fact?” are immediately declared enemies, extremists and radicals. They point back at Russia and say: that is the source of all your troubles. More lies.

Pretty cogent argument if you ask me.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Orange Man Bad! Orange Man Ba...
Oh, wait, wrong thread.

Putin is Hitler! Putin is Hitler!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:10 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ukraine is corrupt as shit..

:ROFLMAO: Hunter, stop it already!...

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:16 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Quote:

Pretty cogent argument if you ask me.

Its good to see people actually disregarding MSM's portrayal of Putin as some kind of 'delusional conqueror' hell bent on reforming mother Russia and actually LISTENING to him now..... Just like Trump, its hard to gain any traction and convince the common people when they are constantly attacked and berated by all sides of supposedly 'trusted reporter and analysts'.

Just wait until Putin pushes all the info on C19 that was gathered early on in the 'military action' that EVERYONE ignored the first time... I'm sure he's got much more damning info to come too.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 am

Some inductions Ukraine army may have a breakthrough near Kherson. It's confirmed by Russian media they advanced about 20 miles down the river.

If they do move down the Dnieper river all the way to Kherson itself they would split the entire Russian occupation in two, cutting off that "land bridge" to Crimea.

That said Putin (himself apparently) refused to let the Russian military reinforce the Lyman area in the East, so the Russian army is supposedly concentrated in those coastal areas. It should be better able to resist the Ukrainians, with well trained regulars there.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys still believe in countries’ sovereignty?
:rofl9:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 127  Next