Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 127  Next
 Russia-Ukraine War 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

American rail workers are forced back to work without sick leave by Biden but he still sends billions to Ukraine.

Fuck Ukraine, we have our own problems.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven’t been following this, did their previous contract not give them sick leave, or is that something they gave up previously to bargain for something else?

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:24 pm

Alpine wrote:
If Ukrainians die from freezing to death after the TENS OF BILLIONS Brandon gave to them specifically for infrastructure then that's on them and Zelenskyy will be proven a thief despot.

I'm not sure. I think the drones and missiles the Russians are using are cheaper than the infrastructure they're blowing up, at least when they hit things like substations. So long as they keep attacking the infrastructure, it's probably not really cost-effective to keep rebuilding it. Surface to air missiles are also pretty expensive and probably best used to defend military targets. Infrastructure is a pretty difficult target to defend in this way - it doesn't move around - so, I doubt there is much anyone can do to keep the power on while Russia continues to target it.

Last edited by hkhnm on Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:31 pm

NWGunner wrote:
I haven’t been following this, did their previous contract not give them sick leave, or is that something they gave up previously to bargain for something else?

They never had sick leave, proposed to strike to get sick leave + higher wages. Congress forced them back to work giving them the higher wages, but not the sick leave.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
Alpine wrote:
If Ukrainians die from freezing to death after the TENS OF BILLIONS Brandon gave to them specifically for infrastructure then that's on them and Zelenskyy will be proven a thief despot.

I'm not sure. I think the drones and missiles the Russians are using are cheaper than the infrastructure they're blowing up, at least when they hit things like substations. So long as they keep attacking the infrastructure, it's probably not really cost-effective to keep rebuilding it. Surface to air missiles are also pretty expensive and probably best used to defend military targets. Infrastructure is a pretty difficult target to defend in this way - it doesn't move around - so, I doubt there is much anyone can do to keep the power on while Russia continues to target it.

So if the infra is constantly being blown up why are they asking for money for it and why are we sending tens of billions when we're hurting here at home from massive inflation and a recession? Explain that.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks.

Seems odd that a union hadn’t previously negotiated sick leave.

There are a couple of members here who are in that line of work.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 pm

Alpine wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
Alpine wrote:

So if the infra is constantly being blown up why are they asking for money for it and why are we sending tens of billions when we're hurting here at home from massive inflation and a recession? Explain that.

Can't answer that part. I'm more interested in the analysis than the politics.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know, fuck all this war / armed conflict shit.

Put Putin, Zelinski, Biden, and any other leaders / war mongers in a WWF wrestling cage, and let them duke it out. Leave people, their infrastructure, and stuff alone. Pay per view would make bank on watching these losers kick the shit out of each other.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 pm

Winter, cold, dark blackouts, air attack sirens. Wonder what is she drawing there... At a "Point of Invincibility"...

Alexandra, 11, draws at a school building, a "Point of Invincibility," a government-built help station that allows to charge phones with help of generators, serves food, drinks and the possibility to warm up, in Kramatorsk, Ukraine, Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.

https://www.goshennews.com/news/nationa ... b022d.html

View from satellite:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Seems odd that a union hadn’t previously negotiated sick leave.

Unfortunately pretty common across the country, even outside unions, and states each have different regulations protecting it. My wife works full time for a fairly large international company and she only got paid sick leave (6 days) when she moved to WA.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm really disappointed FJB didn't get it.

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TIME Person of the Year is only the current "thing".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Person_of_the_Year

Joe was in 2020

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:49 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

He got an Oscar so it makes sense to give him this. Next is the Nobel Peace Prize....

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Time gave it to Adolf Hitler and with all the Nazis in Ukraine makes sense they'd give it to a dictator thug like Zelenskyy.

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 127  Next