Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 SHOT 2022: What do you want us to review? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
bigbearbear wrote:
I'll like a review of the local strip clubs.

What? It's a shot show right? lol

The palimino is the only club in all of vegas that has full nude and liquor or so i'm told

Most of the bigger clubs have swimming pools now......

Must make ya feel less ashamed when you attend in the middle of the day. Not sure I'd wanna go swimming with Elmer's glue floating around.

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently, FN is bringing back the High Power. Booth 11860 might be worth finding out the details

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The guys should be working on hangover #2 right about now… :cheers2:

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Desert Tech Trek 22 Chassis for Ruger 10/22.

Looks quite interesting! However the lack of shell deflector makes me wonder.
How’s the trigger?
Takedown version?

Ppl, please convince someone to make full-size semi-auto pistol in 7.62x25 Tok.!
Push those lazy mfkrs out of “9 and 45” comfort zone!

Last edited by surevaliance on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Range day today. Who didn’t show? Springfield. So, Sinus211 demo’s what he interprets as the new Hellion.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Range day today. Who didn’t show? Springfield. So, Sinus211 demo’s what he interprets as the new Hellion.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup2:

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any new pistol caliber lever actions?

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
Any new pistol caliber lever actions?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... n-pcc/amp/

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tomorrow starts the show on the floor. We did shoot a nice suppressed .40-70 lever today. But that’s not exactly pistol caliber.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
We did shoot a nice suppressed .40-70 lever today. But that’s not exactly pistol caliber.

Your videos aren't showing up for me.

Let me reboot, maybe the problem is on my end . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Massivedesign wrote:
Tomorrow starts the show on the floor. We did shoot a nice suppressed .40-70 lever today. But that’s not exactly pistol caliber.
It only takes one...Image

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You get a change to try the Franklin Armory Glock binary trigger?

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:18 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Hey guys, Ive been feeling a little under the weather down here and spending all my free time napping in the hotel room. So I apologize if the reviews come in a little slower than usual.

Today was range day!

We started with a long walk up the top of the range, because barnaul was up there with full auto AK's. And who doesn't want to start the day with full auto AK's? Nothing much new at Barnaul, just a fun way to get started.

From there we wandered on down to Rubox, where the wiley Polish exhibitors roped us into watching their demonstration

You might say the Rubox demonstrators could use a little practice on the tactical reloads, but their product is impressive! The walls will withstand up to a 50bmg (750gr Hornady Amax) and are reasonably priced-ish at only $1500 per 2x2 block section. The walls you see in the demonstration are 4x4 so would come in at $6000 each. Maybe a little pricey for the enthusiast but for anyone considering building a vault or indoor shooting space, they're an interesting option.

From there we wandered past a shooting bay where they were warming up for a later demonstration

Next we were passing the Savage rifle booth and noticed something odd. 3 pistols sitting out on their table. It seems my picture of all 3 was too high resolution for postimg, so here is the grey model:
Savage Stance micro compact: https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... dgun-line/
I'll let you guys get info on the pistol from the link above. Our impressions on the Stance we overall not great. The pistol ran well but we found it to be overly aggressively textured, inaccurate, and the trigger has a very long reset that definitely needs some work. At a starting msrp of $449, Savage is getting awfully close to the pricing territory of the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat which, IMO, are both superior pistols to the Stance.

Next we swung by the Aero Precision rifle booth. They didn't have any bolt action rifles with them, but we were able to draw some vague information from them. The bolt action rifle is in the prototype stages right now, but should be reaching production stage this summer. Currently considered chamberings are the 6mm family and .308win. Hopefully we'll be able to get some more information from them at the show.

Next we wandered up to the long range rifle bays. There wasn't a whole lot new and interesting that we saw up there, but the gals from Bishop rifles were back with their 475 Bishop large frame AR that I had the pleasure of shooting 2 years back, so Massive stepped up to receive some punishment from the large caliber rifle. After 5 failed videos of light strikes and other malfunctions before the rifle started running, I give you Massive on the 475 Bishop AR:

Dan decided he wasn't done showing off his shooting skills and went to work on a shotgun

Next we came upon what was probably the biggest surprise for us on range day. The much anticipated 30 super carry! I've got to admit that I was personally very skeptical of this being just another gimicky chambering. I'm ready to eat crow on that one. The 30 super carry is an accurate, flat shooting, low recoil round! I was able to shoot the 30 super carry in a shield then shoot a 9mm shield ez just after for comparison. Although they are slightly different pistols, the 30 super carry shield was notably lower recoil and faster on follow up shots. I'm impressed! Ammo cost may be a consideration as we were told that 30 super carry will probably be priced similarly to 380acp. That being said, it might just be worth it! With similar ballistics to 9mm and the option for higher capacity, this one might catch on.

Massive shooting the M&P Shield in 30 super carry

Next we made a quick stop at the Rock Island booth to shoot their new STK100 pistol. The STK100 is a 9mm alloy framed pistol that accepts Glock 17 mags (17+1 capacity). The STK has some nice looking slide reliefs, a very good trigger, and the slide is cut for a vortex venom pattern red dot, but Rock Island will also be offering adapter plates for different red dots. Probably my biggest gripe about this pistol is the venom slide cut as I lean more toward Holosun pistol dots. Otherwise it's a fantastic pistol that will most likely be very fairly priced. https://www.armscor.com/stk100

A little more fun shooting the diamondback dbx57cfb

Diamondback dbx57cfb: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... DdROEeV_Rc

Some very humbling time on the trap range shooting bullpup shotguns at clays (no video needed)

And some surprisingly heavy recoiling suppressed 338lapua shooting wrapped up the day for us

I'll do what I can to keep the info coming back to you guys, but if I'm still feeling sick tomorrow I may skip the first day of the show. Wouldn't be fair for me to walk around 10's of thousands of other show attendees potentially getting them sick.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:23 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
You get a change to try the Franklin Armory Glock binary trigger?

Unfortunately no. I've had a bit of waning interest in Franklin's binary trigger offerings but wasn't aware they were releasing a Glock trigger. We'll try and get some more info from them at the show.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next