Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 How to actually help the homeless as an individual? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

78Rainier wrote:
Good for you on willing to help others.

Personally I don't help panhandlers. I think of it like feeding the birds at a park if you don't want them in your neighborhood don't give them a reason to stay.

Now if I was going to help a local church had the idea of zip lock bags filled with travel toothbrush, toothpaste, candy bars. Add water and a couple of bucks if you wish. Hand that out to people standing at the stop lights.

I’ve seen a few of those bags tossed aside at freeway off ramps.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:07 pm
FFL / Dealer

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Nope it was 'We Heart Seattle'....

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/volunt ... eir%20work.

Quote:
SEATTLE — A volunteer group called “We Heart Seattle” that cleans up trash from homeless camps and provides outreach is speaking out. They say after picking up thousands of pounds of garbage, city leaders have asked them to stop doing their work.

In defiance, the group was back out on Friday picking up garbage around the homeless camp on Shilshole Avenue in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood.

Quote:
Andrea Suarez, founder of We Heart Seattle, says she and other volunteers have picked up more than 320,000 pounds of trash over the past year.

like I have said a thousand times before and will keep saying it....when you know what the Democrats end game is, NONE of this comes as a surprise. I expect this from them.

The end goal is to make all of us homeless! You will own nothing & you will like it.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/mayor-woodward-warming-center-closure/293-d848ea2f-7d79-4861-b2c7-00e247dd99cf

Quote:
The warming shelter, which was held at the Spokane Convention Center, opened on Dec. 26, 2021, just before a snowstorm swept through the Inland Northwest. The shelter was scheduled to close on Jan. 2 but stayed open until Jan. 9.

The shelter served anywhere from 103 to 343 people every night while it was open.

The Spokane Public Facilities District, which runs the convention center, needed time to make repairs before upcoming events. According to Woodward, an estimated $90,000 in damage was done to bathrooms, outlets, chairs, and carpet in the convention center.

'Hey, here's a nice warm place to stay so you don't freeze to death'

*does almost $100k in damage in 2 weeks*

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:58 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guy in front of the LNL Hawaiian restaurant Lakewood yesterday flopping around on the ground high as shit on cans of some kind of propellant in a white can…looked like contact cleaner…was going to try and help him but in his state I fidnt know what his react was going to be after contact…agressive and I may have had to take defensive measures….then I though of that poor cop 15 years ago when the guy high on meth took away his gun and killed the cop in the street….sadly I had to leave him on his high as shit state with his 4 cans of what ever it was….

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

WaJim wrote:
….sadly I had to leave him on his high as shit state with his 4 cans of what ever it was….

Yup, good call.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did Hell freeze over today?

I was pleased to see a liberal young lady showing so much intelligence about the homeless problem in Seattle.
I think her numbers are off a bit. My drunken six years on the streets homeless friend says that 99% of the homeless have a substance abuse problem.
As far as mental illness he says if you're a homeless substance abuser and you aren't showing signs of mental illness then you're doing something wrong.

Anyways, It's a good video and the comments are good also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcCA20HS5Q0&t=2s

SPOILER ALERT:
She says 85% are substance abusers

Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

barbikes wrote:
Did Hell freeze over today?

I was pleased to see a liberal young lady showing so much intelligence about the homeless problem in Seattle.
I think her numbers are off a bit. My drunken six years on the streets homeless friend says that 99% of the homeless have a substance abuse problem.
As far as mental illness he says if you're a homeless substance abuser and you aren't showing signs of mental illness then you're doing something wrong.

Anyways, It's a good video and the comments are good also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcCA20HS5Q0&t=2s

SPOILER ALERT:
She says 85% are substance abusers

Exactly!

That’s why giving them stuff, like little homes, condos, etc., only lines the pockets of Dem supporters, and does nothing to alleviate the problem.

They’ll bend the rules as long as they can, ‘til they violate them & get kicked out…just like they did with the 10 previous places they lived.

Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think they mis-spelled "Karen"

"Sharon Lee, executive director of the Low Income Housing Institute, which manages 10 tiny house villages in Seattle, said: "We have hoarders.”

KOMO News asked Lee about the trash concerns raised by Singh and the allegations of mismanagement. But she abruptly stopped the interview.

“I want to speak to your manager and your supervisor because I don’t appreciate this,” she said."

https://komonews.com/news/project-seatt ... -neighbors

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

"Sharon Lee, executive director of the Low Income Housing Institute, which manages 10 tiny house villages in Seattle, said: "We have hoarders.”

KOMO News asked Lee about the trash concerns raised by Singh and the allegations of mismanagement. But she abruptly stopped the interview.

“I want to speak to your manager and your supervisor because I don’t appreciate this,” she said."

Truth hurts? Run away!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She is afraid of someone taking away her gravy. How many of these homeless organizations have high paid nobody's sucking up taxpayer money?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:

It sounds like their Code of Conduct needs a tweak. Maybe a #8, that should cover these issues.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She only makes a little over $200,000 a year can't expect her to take any criticism

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
She is afraid of someone taking away her gravy. How many of these homeless organizations have high paid nobody's sucking up taxpayer money?

Short answer? All of them.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:

This ^^^

This is what a lot of the Democratic agenda is.

Scream about something, then claim anyone who opposes it hates the earth, hates people, or is a racist.

Then have supporters set up companies to receive $$$, and payback for support, and then put some unqualified figure-head in charge, so they can still claim racism if you question where the money goes, or the success of the program.

Old, tired script, still works…

Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next