Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Democrats DID gerrymander new Montana representative seat 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Edit: they succeeded with Maylinn Smith's help and got Bozeman and Missoula inside the same district, which was always their goal even though the media and RINOs are lying and pretending the GOP "won." They didn't. The democrats won. See all the articles and quotes below.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... rsonality/

How you ask? Because until the virus shut down colleges in 2020, Montana had democrat governors for nearly 2 decades and those governors appointed more justices to the supreme court, who then went on to win election, than previous republican governors. Right now a plurality of judges on the court are there from democrat governor appointments than republican governor appointments. After the colleges emptied out last year only then for the 2020 elections was MT able to get its first GOP governor in nearly 20 years. This shows the power that these out of state college kids who were pretending to be residents wielded.

However the damage was done. Democrat governors filled the state bureaucracy and judiciary with their lackeys for nearly 2 decades.

Now enter the current problem: Montana has a "bi-partisan" redistricting commission split among democrats and republicans. However there is a 5th person who is there to break ties. This person is supposed to be non-partisan, however the democrats used their 16 years of governors stacking the state supreme court to have the state supreme court appoint a well-known democrat party donor as the 5th "non-partisan" tie-breaking vote.

And what do the democrats want to do? Instead of splitting the state cleanly in half, they want to create a tortured, bizarre shape in order to group Bozeman and Missoula together and make sure the democrats win one of the congressional seats giving them 50% of the MT congressional delegation even though the state isn't even close to 50% democrat.

If you live in MT this is the legacy of Bullock and letting college kids vote, and given that the demonrats control Congress by a mere 8 seats right now, this has impacts for the rest of us outside MT as well.

Here's a letter from the redistricting commission's 2 republican members urging the public to object:
https://flatheadbeacon.com/2021/10/20/m ... a-pumpkin/

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

THIS SAYS IT ALL!!!!

Attachment:
181F1D12-39BA-4753-A437-B4E57DDF5E7B.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How is a college student pretending to be a resident? If a person lives in a state, for whatever reason, they are a resident. Not that I agree with them voting democrat, nor do I agree with democrats gerrymandering, or republicans for that matter. And I can’t find a picture of this tortured blizzard shape, not that I don’t believe it to be true.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
How is a college student pretending to be a resident? If a person lives in a state, for whatever reason, they are a resident. Not that I agree with them voting democrat, nor do I agree with democrats gerrymandering, or republicans for that matter. And I can’t find a picture of this tortured blizzard shape, not that I don’t believe it to be true.

Because they leave at the end of the schoolyear to go back to their home state? And also many of them are gaming the system by keeping residency for benefits in their home states such as parental insurance for auto and health while also lying and pretending to be residents of MT for voting and tuition.

Either way, there's no one who cares less about the health of your community and your state than someone who plans on leaving every year and leaving permanently after 4 years.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never mind, I found it. There are nine maps proposed. Almost all of them have what you claim.

https://www.mtpr.org/montana-news/2021- ... sional-map

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Because they leave at the end of the schoolyear to go back to their home state? And also many of them are gaming the system by keeping residency for benefits in their home states such as parental insurance for auto and health while also lying and pretending to be residents of MT for voting and tuition.

Either way, there's no one who cares less about the health of your community and your state than someone who plans on leaving every year and leaving permanently after 4 years.

I completely agree with the last sentence, but if a person isn’t a legal resident, how can they vote in that state? Wouldn’t that be illegal?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I completely agree with the last sentence, but if a person isn’t a legal resident, how can they vote in that state? Wouldn’t that be illegal?

Given that all 50 states run their own elections and there often isn't much coordination among the states to catch people double-dipping for residency benefits, it is very difficult to stop this kind of abuse short of making it more difficult in each state by their own laws. I think MT passed some laws regarding this last year when Gianforte came in after Bullock had been vetoing election integrity reform for years, but I am not sure if it will adequately address this issue.

The best thing MT could do at this point would be to do what Sen Mike Padden from Eastern WA tried to do but failed due to Inslime and the demonrats having a lock on WA: pass court reform. If MT shrunk the court down to 5 and created districts so none of the judges could all come from the same city and the big MT cities couldn't control all the court seats it would help quite a bit.

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's only gerrymandering when Republicans do it.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana will be fine. Until 2028.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:29 pm

So, who is this 5th person?
You do know the saying..."this country is being raped and stolen from you by people with names and addresses" is true, right?

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
So, who is this 5th person?
You do know the saying..."this country is being raped and stolen from you by people with names and addresses" is true, right?

Maylinn Smith, a former University of Montana tribal law professor and democrat donor.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
It's only gerrymandering when Republicans do it.

Yep, a more true quote is hard to come by....

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, the redistricting didn't go the Dems way! :thumbsup2:

HELENA — Montana's redistricting commission chair selected on Thursday a congressional district map proposed by Republicans, dealing a blow to Democrats who hoped to craft a western district that would give them a better chance of winning.

Chair Maylinn Smith, who was appointed to the commission by the state's Supreme Court, chose a map dividing the state into eastern and western districts, with the liberal college towns Bozeman and Missoula in the west but blue-leaning state capital Helena and Yellowstone National Park gateway community Livingston in the east.

Smith's decision came after the commission's two Republican and two Democratic members could not come to an agreement on how to divide the state into two congressional districts.

https://dailyinterlake.com/news/2021/no ... l-distric/

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

HELENA — Montana's redistricting commission chair selected on Thursday a congressional district map proposed by Republicans, dealing a blow to Democrats who hoped to craft a western district that would give them a better chance of winning.

Chair Maylinn Smith, who was appointed to the commission by the state's Supreme Court, chose a map dividing the state into eastern and western districts, with the liberal college towns Bozeman and Missoula in the west but blue-leaning state capital Helena and Yellowstone National Park gateway community Livingston in the east.

Smith's decision came after the commission's two Republican and two Democratic members could not come to an agreement on how to divide the state into two congressional districts.

Not to burst your bubble but the Associated Depressed is lying to you. The Dems' ultimate goal was to get Bozeman and Missoula in the same district, and they did. Calling this a "GOP win" is a media and democrat lie designed to try and not get people mad that Smith did exactly what the dems wanted.

From the original article:
Quote:
In Montana, Republicans are pushing to separate the two booming college towns of Bozeman and Missoula in the western half of the state. Putting the two Democratic-leaning communities in different districts would make it hard for Democrats to win either seat. Democrats want to consolidate their strongholds in one district that would give them a fighting chance to win a House seat. They argue the towns — filled with craft brew drinkers, liberal academics, remote workers and California transplants — share more in common with each other than the vast expanse of rural ranches and farms between them.

Livingston and Helena were red-herrings. MT republicans got played and now the media is lying about it. Not sure why the two GOP commissioners voted for it, maybe they are RINOs, maybe they thought this was the best deal they could get. Either way they lose by putting Bozeman and Missoula together. Those were the two cities they needed to separate the most.

Weirdly, the AP didn't delete or take down their original article which contradicts the one you posted. That's just laziness.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Not to burst your bubble but the Associated Depressed is lying to you. The Dems' ultimate goal was to get Bozeman and Missoula in the same district, and they did. Calling this a "GOP win" is a media and democrat lie designed to try and not get people mad that Smith did exactly what the dems wanted.

From the original article:
Quote:
In Montana, Republicans are pushing to separate the two booming college towns of Bozeman and Missoula in the western half of the state. Putting the two Democratic-leaning communities in different districts would make it hard for Democrats to win either seat. Democrats want to consolidate their strongholds in one district that would give them a fighting chance to win a House seat. They argue the towns — filled with craft brew drinkers, liberal academics, remote workers and California transplants — share more in common with each other than the vast expanse of rural ranches and farms between them.

Livingston and Helena were red-herrings. MT republicans got played and now the media is lying about it.

Weirdly, the AP didn't delete or take down their original article which contradicts the one you posted. That's just laziness.

Excellent analysis. And thank you.

Now I can call bullshit on 3 non relevant monikers/labels in the article.

craft brew drinkers - NOPE many are quite conservative
remote workers - let me tell you, there is no swing either way. Sure many slackass WFH people ARE lazy libs, but many are centrist right
California transplants - a lot and I mean a LOT of CA escapees are hard right

Stupid labels and name calling never helps - it is LAZY LAZY LAZY writing and both sides do it.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next