Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 2021 NFL friendly thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Any bets on where Russ will be next year? :popcorn:

He’ll be here.

It would be a $26 million dollar dead cap hit next year to get rid of him.

Agree. Earliest he would realistically leave would be after next season. But the market for a QB who is no longer a Pro Bowl caliber player and in his mid 30s will likely not be great. More than likely he plays it out and heads out. Or we see the resurgence we're hoping for and he sticks around. But this happens all the time. Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady...and many more.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Any bets on where Russ will be next year? :popcorn:

He’ll be here.

It would be a $26 million dollar dead cap hit next year to get rid of him.

That much? Couldn't the contract be restructured to facilitate a trade?

No, that’s why it’s a ‘Dead Cap’ hit.

By definition, dead money is a salary cap charge for a player that is no longer on a team's roster.

It’s there because of prorated things like signing bonuses, roster bonuses, performance bonuses, etc.

It increases when teams do what you’re talking about. For instance, the Rams will be in trouble in a few years because they’ve restructured so many contracts, and pushed that money to the future, to bring in high-priced veterans.

Eventually, the bill comes due, even if the player is no longer on the team.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, i just got educated on that whole thing. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool.

Yeah, that’s why sometimes a team will bring in an veteran on a 2 or 3 year deal.

It’s really just a 1 year deal, but because they don’t have enough money under the current year’s cap, they spread it out over several years.

But, it never goes away, and eventually there is accountability under the Salary Cap.

Russ got a $65 Million dollar signing bonus...there’s no way they could have put all that under 1 year’s cap space.

$107 million of his $140 million dollar contract is guaranteed, so that has to be accounted for under the cap.

I also don’t think he’s going anywhere because he & Ciara bought into the Sounders ownership group, and he’s also part of a group trying to bring Pro Baseball to Portland.

He’s very image conscious, and his image/face are part of what he has to offer these groups. I think the ‘Russ wants out’ BS was just a negotiating ploy on his new contract.

I could be wrong, and he could own stuff and play elsewhere, but it complicates things...

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Agree. Earliest he would realistically leave would be after next season. But the market for a QB who is no longer a Pro Bowl caliber player and in his mid 30s will likely not be great. More than likely he plays it out and heads out. Or we see the resurgence we're hoping for and he sticks around. But this happens all the time. Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady...and many more.

Including Joe Montana.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

Including Joe Montana.

Yep. They did have another HOFer waiting in the wings, so there's that. One could argue the Packers did too, but they didn't know it at the time.

QBs and other star players have financial impact outside of their on-field performance. Teams will hang on to a popular player beyond the point their talent doesn't match their contract because of all the fan support. Another team won't have that same loyalty and they're often quickly cut if they can't hack it anymore. To their credit the Seahawks don't hang on to players quite as much as other teams (the Cowboys come to mind).

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey how about them Seastinkers.
Putting on a show or what.....

Dead last in time of possession is most telling. The offense just plain aint very good. If it wasn't for Detroit, Seattle would likely be on track as the worst team in the league this year. I know they were expected to be great but not equivalent to the likes they are playing down too. But then again I still think last year was a fluke. They won multiple games they had no business winning and that made them look like they were way better than they actually were.

Probably really should consider a rebuild if they can escape the mess they created with Salaries and draft picks.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hawks don't have a 1st next year, but are not in any kind of salary cap hell. They will have the 7th most available amount of money to spend, and that's before the Russ trade.

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They made it interesting at the end.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

True that

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Hawks don't have a 1st next year, but are not in any kind of salary cap hell. They will have the 7th most available amount of money to spend, and that's before the Russ trade.

See above. Dead money is way too big. By the end of next season, he'll be a 34 year old *former* Pro Bowl QB. Not sure who will give a ton for him at that point.

But the management...probably all given soft send-offs. "Thanks for the best decade of football we've ever had in Seattle. Now clean out your desk."

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Well wouldnt have come to that if they had kicked a field goal.
No way they should have been in the game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Last edited by Col_Temp on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Well wouldnt have come to that if they had kicked a field goal.
Know way they should have been in the game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Do you mean if Washington had kicked a field goal?

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

See above. Dead money is way too big. By the end of next season, he'll be a 34 year old *former* Pro Bowl QB. Not sure who will give a ton for him at that point.

But the management...probably all given soft send-offs. "Thanks for the best decade of football we've ever had in Seattle. Now clean out your desk."

If he's traded, he'll nab atleast 1 first rounder and likely much more in return. Dead cap is $40mil this year, $20ish next. Very doable.

Side note, I do think his finger is still fucked. You just don't lose your 10-20 accuracy in 4 weeks. He's clearly still hurt.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:27 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

L_O_G wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

See above. Dead money is way too big.

Side note, I do think his finger is still fucked. You just don't lose your 10-20 accuracy in 4 weeks. He's clearly still hurt.

If the season is beyond salvage then why still play him?

Or is it savable.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next