Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

Not a lot of crank arms, freewheels, chainrings, motors etc made locally. Ever.

But I get the sentiment.

Both our bikes came from local sources.

I bought one here and the other on offerup.

NO dock workers, truckers, retailers, assemblers, delivery folks, etc, needed. :thumbsup2:

Both are AMERICAN made older Cannondales too. :thumbsup2:

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

Where was what you’re typing on made?

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

But I get the sentiment.

NO dock workers, truckers, retailers, assemblers, delivery folks, etc, needed. :thumbsup2:

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

:popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

But I get the sentiment.

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

Not in the US, but it was bought LOCAL. My phone and my tablet were purchased second hand here locally.

NO supply chain or truckers held me up. I went and bought them, they were IN STOCK!! :popcorn:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

But I get the sentiment.

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

Great.

Can you get cases of threaded right side cranks for front freewheels for example?

Not talking about old individual bikes. Which I bet are not 100% USA components anyway.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

But I get the sentiment.

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

Not in the US, but it was bought LOCAL. My phone and my tablet were purchased second hand here locally.

NO supply chain or truckers held me up. I went and bought them, they were IN STOCK!! :popcorn:

So, it was not made in the U.S., and there was a supply chain, and truckers, involved originally.

Got it.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
BUY LOCAL

But I get the sentiment.

BUY USA,,, BUY LOCAL.

So, it was not made in the U.S., and there was a supply chain, and truckers, involved originally.

Got it.

Buying a foreign made item 2nd hand didn't negate the above.

How many Chainsaws are made in the USA? Without a parent company in a foreign Country?

Any? :popcorn:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Can you get cases of threaded right side cranks for front freewheels for example?

Not talking about old individual bikes. Which I bet are not 100% USA components anyway.

NOPE. I dont sell products made from overseas junk. I PRODUCE a LOCALLY made prodect that contributes to my LOCAL economy.

My timber is bought from local forest owners. Its trucked by me or local truckers. Then its milled right here on our machine that was manufactured LOCALLY in Oregon, and then its distributed to local consumers.

Im doing my part to keep this country the way it used to be. I wish others would do the same.

When faced with buying something thats not local or US made, I will usually try to buy it used from a local source.

But one of customers is a LOCAL manufacturer of carbon fiber bicycle wheels. There are more bike/parts MFGers in the PNW than most folks think. Im pretty sure my cousins carbon fiber bike was made right here in WA also

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

Got it.

Any ripples in that original supply chain smoothed out long before I got on the water. So no bottleneck for me. :wink05:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

How many Chainsaws are made in the USA? Without a parent company in a foreign Country?

Ive never bought a NEW saw. And surely never thought about suggesting anyone buy a new cheap chineese POS saw.

Sometimes life is not full of the choices I prefer, but in 99 percent of situations I will always choose quality and my neighbors over the "cheap, fast, cheap, faster, cheaper" mentality.

Anyways Im done with this. You either get it :thumbsup2: or your just fucking over your neighbors.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:

NOPE. I dont sell products made from overseas junk. I PRODUCE a LOCALLY made prodect that contributes to my LOCAL economy.

My timber is bought from local forest owners. Its trucked by me or local truckers. Then its milled right here on our machine that was manufactured LOCALLY in Oregon, and then its distributed to local consumers.

Im doing my part to keep this country the way it used to be. I wish others would do the same.

When faced with buying something thats not local or US made, I will usually try to buy it used from a local source.

But one of customers is a LOCAL manufacturer of carbon fiber bicycle wheels. There are more bike/parts MFGers in the PNW than most folks think. Im pretty sure my cousins carbon fiber bike was made right here in WA also

The finished products that we designed in the USA sell in the USA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD have a decent amount of USA content. In fact EVERYTHING WE CAN FIND MADE IN THE USA WE USE. We only buy from Taiwan when there is absolutely no other manufacturers. We have sold some products that were made in mainland China in the past but we stopped doing that.

Glad you are pure as gold.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
The finished products that we designed in the USA sell in the USA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD have a decent amount of USA content. In fact EVERYTHING WE CAN FIND MADE IN THE USA WE USE. We only buy from Taiwan when there is absolutely no other manufacturers. We have sold some products that were made in mainland China in the past but we stopped doing that.

Glad you are pure as gold.

Im far from pure, Im just tired of the low quality junk out there. Most of the time, Ill choose good condition used equipment parts over new because the new stuff is lower quality than the older used parts.

We are in sad times. i didn't mean this as an attack on anyone or their product. In fact half the time the USA made parts are junk too since the quality of skilled labor has dropped in the toilet and young folks are not interested in actually working with their hands and producing a quality product.

There is HUGE gap between the low quality and the high quality offerings available. The decent middle quality stuff is non existent.

We seem to live in a would full of taurus or colt, when most folks would love a decent ol ruger. :wink05:

anyways, Ive got trailers to fix. Ive typed enough bullshit and diners long over. Back to the shop for 2nd shift.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Ive never bought a NEW saw. And surely never thought about suggesting anyone buy a new cheap chineese POS saw.

Sometimes life is not full of the choices I prefer, but in 99 percent of situations I will always choose quality and my neighbors over the "cheap, fast, cheap, faster, cheaper" mentality.

Anyways Im done with this. You either get it :thumbsup2: or your just fucking over your neighbors.

I wasn't suggesting anyone buy a "Chineese" saw, or anything of the sort. (Do they make Chainsaws?...what are those brands?)

The point was more that regardless of where you bought that 2nd hand saw, or what neighbor it came from it was a foreign made saw (or Computer, etc) and when the original purchase was made the Money went elsewhere.

Do i blame you? Nope...because American manufacturing has been gutted by Chinese cheap made shit.

So there's the conundrum....I like to think we all support US manufacturing, but buying a Foreign made product 2nd hand and passing the dollars to a neighbor doesn't cleanse your hands of the "Cheaper/faster" mentality.

I'm not trying to dog you OG, but i hope you see my point.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hormel (1970s)

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always try to buy US made products. If it’s not a need, I try try to do without. I’ve been wanting a motion sensor light for my gun safe. But I can’t find one not made here in the US so, I use my 20 year old 3 D cell mag light. Is it convenient? No. But it works. I work in Seattle and the view from the break room is a section of the port of Seattle and I see more often than not COSCO mega ships offloading containers COSCO is Chinese overseas shipping company. Those of you who are history buffs have read about giving the Indians blankets laced with smallpox? What’s to stop China from lacing consumer goods with a mega flu? I’d love to see Chinese ships/products turned away from our ports. It would suck for awhile, but eventually our production would pick up the slack.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to my local Fred Meyer in Auburn this weekend to restock sweetened condensed milk emergency stock.
They were out of $1.39 Kroger.
So, I had to go to their store in Kent where I’ve bought whatever was left - all 30 cans.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next