Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Truckers got all da weed.

Strict drug testing exacerbates supply chain woes.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/supply-ch ... rug-tests/?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was listening to Steve Quayle, when he mentioned, when will these large ships off shore with skeleton crews, be taken over and their cargo seized?

Where is Ragnar Danneskjöld from Atlas Shrugged?

https://www.conservapedia.com/Ragnar_Danneskj%C3%B6ld

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
I was listening to Steve Quayle, when he mentioned, when will these large ships off shore with skeleton crews, be taken over and their cargo seized?

Funny thing, is I asked a shop mate several months ago if any firearms are kept on board. He quietly said only one, in the captains office.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
jackass wrote:

Funny thing, is I asked a shop mate several months ago if any firearms are kept on board. He quietly said only one, in the captains office.

It also depends on type of ship too. Cargo ships, usually have one or two firearms. Usually a shotgun kept in the masters office/stateroom and one on the bridge. I was on a NOAA contracted ship “mapping” the ocean floor off the coast of Nigeria. I was issued a shotgun and an M9 to carry plus we had a mildet on board armed to teeth. At night we would move offshore for safety and to make water and dump sewage/trash. I got a call to fire up the 3 standby generators ASAP! There was a US flagged ship under attack by pirates. After I got the plant up I was told to lock down the engine room and load up my weapons. I locked down then went back to my book. The captain was known to be rather gung ho and prone to things like this. We were 50 miles away so I wasn’t to worried.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Besides, truckers in Tacoma suffer a lot as well by getting paid approx.$50/hr for sitting and waiting.
(That’s from my fellow who is a trucker).
Worse than that

Some truckers get paid by the load. Doesn’t matter if they sit for two hours or eight

Easy to see why there’s a ‘shortage’ of people willing to sign up for that gig

My wife used to work the scales at a rock crushing facility in CA for a few years. She said you could always tell who was paid hourly or per load. Hourly guys would take their time, never had their paperwork ready, will chat everyone up, stop and take a dump, and just dink around. Per load guys would come screaming into the yard, were always impatient, but had their paperwork ready to go. She said, safety for people in the yard aside, the per load operators were preferred. The hourly guys were always the weird creepers.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/but ... s-highways

He argued that this makes it "obvious" that "racism" was built into the road system: "...that that obviously reflects racism that went into those design choices," he said. "We have everything to gain by acknowledging" these "racist" choices, he explained. The reference was to an April interview wherein Buttigieg claimed:

"...there is racism physically built into some of our highways."

We're eventually going to have to pay (is that part of the Build Back Better Infrastructure Law?) to tear down roads, i.e. infrastructure?

Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of truck drivers here in OK. All I know are jabbed. Heard of one guy who died due to heart problems.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/so-n ... e-mandates

Truckers hailed victory on Friday after Labor Secretary Marty Walsh said in an interview that most drivers will be exempt from President Biden’s vaccine and testing mandate, CNBC reported.

Walsh’s comments came in response to criticism from the trucking industry against a policy announced by The White House on Thursday that will require millions of workers to be fully vaccinated or get tested regularly. The new rules are set to come into effect on January 4.

The rule applies to the federal government workforce and anybody working for a company with more than 100 employees, The White House said.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
jackass wrote:

My friend’s dad is a retired captain. He mentioned to me once that his BHP came with him even though he wasn’t supposed to have it on board.

He’d also fish off the side of his ship too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BIDEN gonna solve this. Go Brandon!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
jackass wrote:

My friend’s dad is a retired captain. He mentioned to me once that his BHP came with him even though he wasn’t supposed to have it on board.

He’d also fish off the side of his ship too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the salmon were running a few weeks ago, a few coworkers fished off the pier on their lunch breaks.

They gave the ship mates a few fish and they were so fucking excited to get fresh salmon.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now it's turkeys

Quote:
All members,

Unfortunately we are cancelling the 2021 Turkey Shoot held at the Gig Harbor Sportsman's Club on November 21, 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. There is a nationwide turkey shortage this year and we were unable to obtain any turkey for this event.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks again!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
Truckers got all da weed.

Strict drug testing exacerbates supply chain woes.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/supply-ch ... rug-tests/?

When I worked at a major software company in Redmond, we had to randomly test the moving contractors for drugs, especially the truck drivers.
If they heard there was a drug test coming up, a lot of them would call in sick or quit so they didn't lose their commercial license showing up dirty.
I guess that's pretty serious if a truck driver fails a UA. What is it, like a three year suspension?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

email from a customer:

Hello to all,

The worst natural disaster in Canada’s history happened to British Columbia last weekend.

NOTICE:
Reefer export schedules and services availability from PNW via Land Bridge over Canada(Montreal Pol) and Panama Export service challenges are again being severely impacted.

The all time record breaking rainfall last weekend has impacted BC transportation corridors (including Wa state I-5) in an extreme way.
Due to the torrential rain that caused rockslides, mudslides, catastrophic flooding and now fires, both Canada railways CNR & CPR are shut down in BC.
All highways to and from Vancouver from BC’s interior are shut down, with no time line as to when they will re-open.

The length of delay before CN / CP rail lines begin moving again, is not known at this time.
Rail stoppages will impact Reefer export bookings that have not been picked up and / or did not move out of Vancouver prior to Rail line closures.

During this time, port of Vancouver has no or very limited rail services to move Imports outbound and limited space on terminals to store Import containers !
How this will further affect vessels calling at ports of Vancouver, Seattle, Tacoma remains to be seen.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and from SSA Terminals (T-18, T-30, T-5):

Please be advised, effective Wednesday, December 1st, SSAT must implement a temporary storage charge in addition to the normal port demurrage charges on all import loaded containers discharged from ships at Terminals 5,18, and 30 as stated below. As with other ports on the West Coast who either have already implemented additional storage charges or will soon be doing so, the failure of importers picking up their containers in a timely manner has created severe congestion issues that has prevented terminal operators from properly servicing vessels destined for their terminals. We sincerely hope the additional storage charge will encourage cargo owners to pick up their containers which will allow the terminals in Seattle to again properly service vessels destined to our port and once that has been accomplished, the temporary storage charges will cease.
A. Extended Dwell Time Fee – Applicable at Terminal 18, Terminal 30 and Terminal 5 in Seattle: In order to recover increased operating and storage costs incurred as a result of congestion caused by containers left on the terminal for extended periods of time, the following fee (the “Extended Dwell Time Fee”) will apply on a temporary basis to all loaded import containers, in addition to existing demurrage and port tariff fees:
(1). No charges for free time (up to five days after a container is available for delivery);
(2). $50 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 1-5 after free time);
(3). $75 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 6-10 after free time);
(4). $100 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 11-15 after free time); and
(5). $150 per day for any days thereafter.
B. Applicability; Payment of Fee. Empty containers and export loaded containers will not be subject to the Extended Dwell Time Fee. The importer of record in the shipping documents will be responsible for paying or arranging payment of the Extended Dwell Time Fee by check, money order, wire transfer, or any other methods, and pursuant to instructions provided by Operator through the Forecast website. Once the fee has been paid, the container will show as available in Operator’s container tracking system. Appointments on import lanes may not be made until the fee has been paid and the container is showing as available on the Forecast web site. Waivers, refunds and appeals of the Extended Dwell Time Fee will be handled in accordance with Section 18(D) and (E) of this Schedule.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard this was coming down the pike.

Each port is swimming in cans, its absolute insanity.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next