Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think USGC will do much more than monitor. I could be wrong.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://jrnyquist.blog/2021/10/15/vacci ... s-part-ii/

I was reading in an unrelated comment that the purpose of the TPP was to eliminate long shoreman and truck drivers in the US by unloading in Mexico and transporting in the US. So in closing our ports down on the west coast and maybe having La Palma take out the east coast ports, will we be dependent on Mexico?

The original idea behind the TPP was to eliminate long shore men and truck drivers, by unloading super humongous cargo ships from China in Mexico, then bringing imports into the United States on a new train through the Mid West to Canada.

Remember on Trumps first day he rescinded TPP?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

L_O_G wrote:
Whos gotta boat?

Sundays weather forecast is going to scatter those containers from here to Alaska.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Whos gotta boat?

Sundays weather forecast is going to scatter those containers from here to Alaska.

heard they already tracked or tagged 35 of em

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

California ports, key to U.S. supply chain, among world's least efficient, ranking shows
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/california-ports-key-us-supply-chain-among-worlds-least-efficient-2021-10-20/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Southern California's Los Angeles and Long Beach ports handle the most ocean cargo of any ports in the United States, but are some of the least efficient in the world, according to a ranking by the World Bank and IHS Markit.

In a review of 351 container ports around the globe, Los Angeles was ranked 328, behind Tanzania's Dar es Salaam and Alaska's Dutch Harbor. The adjacent port of Long Beach came in even lower, at 333, behind Turkey's Nemrut Bay and Kenya's Mombasa, the groups said in their inaugural Container Port Performance Index published in May.

Local numbers:
Seattle 236
Tacoma 335 (out of 351)

Copy of the report:
https://www.maritimes.gr/images/PORTS/Container-Port-Performance_Index-WB-2021.pdf?_t=1620669079

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
California ports, key to U.S. supply chain, among world's least efficient, ranking shows
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/california-ports-key-us-supply-chain-among-worlds-least-efficient-2021-10-20/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Southern California's Los Angeles and Long Beach ports handle the most ocean cargo of any ports in the United States, but are some of the least efficient in the world, according to a ranking by the World Bank and IHS Markit.

In a review of 351 container ports around the globe, Los Angeles was ranked 328, behind Tanzania's Dar es Salaam and Alaska's Dutch Harbor. The adjacent port of Long Beach came in even lower, at 333, behind Turkey's Nemrut Bay and Kenya's Mombasa, the groups said in their inaugural Container Port Performance Index published in May.

Local numbers:
Seattle 236
Tacoma 335 (out of 351)

Copy of the report:
https://www.maritimes.gr/images/PORTS/Container-Port-Performance_Index-WB-2021.pdf?_t=1620669079

There’s no way that could have anything to do with the super efficient longshoremen union, right?

Lol :ROFLMAO:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Quote:

Local numbers:
Seattle 236
Tacoma 335 (out of 351)

Copy of the report:

There’s no way that could have anything to do with the super efficient longshoremen union, right?

Again, spoken like someone with zero knowledge of the process and logistical hurdles. With overseas ports, 100s of people die each year, working conditions are terrible, and forced ot is required.

Carry on. :wink05:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Quote:

Local numbers:
Seattle 236
Tacoma 335 (out of 351)

Copy of the report:

Again, spoken like someone with zero knowledge of the process and logistical hurdles. With overseas ports, 100s of people die each year, working conditions are terrible, and forced ot is required.

Carry on. :wink05:

Twice this week, I've had trucks IN terminal, with tickets, waiting for containers to be loaded, and were told 'It's 1601, we close at 1600, try again tomorrow'...

I've also had a trucker trying to grab containers from T5 that was told that their container was 'buried' and even though it was 'available' they didn't feel like getting it...and to come back later.

I've had truckers told to go to trouble window when they show up 15 mins before close over some BS like 'chassis tire looks low' then by the time they 'inspect the chassis', oh look 'we closed 5 minutes ago, try tomorrow'...

I believe you have a great work ethic, based on the shit I've seen you post, but I wouldn't say everyone does, based on what I've experienced.

Don't even get me started on vessel schedules.

I've no bullshit seen them put out a receiving schedule saying not receiving that day, then put out another receiving schedule the next day saying vessel cut was that day, and changed their schedule to say they were receiving the day prior, even though they weren't.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

T5 is a shit show.

Theres a reason why so much of that T5 work trickles down from the A men, its fizzzy fucked. This shouldn't even be operational yet, but there are so many cans to store

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:16 am

Port of Tacoma is ranked inefficient for many reasons far and away from the longshoremen. Four key ones:

1. Location and time it take to get ships to it. Look at any map of Puget Sound.
2. Traffic in and out. The roads are not there. Everything pinches down to Fife, and at most, three exits. One of which is virtually useless for truck traffic
3. The city of Tacoma’s rail service that inhibits large scale freight rail loading and unloading in an efficient manner.
4. The patchwork of yards and storage locations due to much of the area being still off limits due to arsenic contamination. Other environmental factors and the fact that a large portion of it is located within the boundaries of the Puyallup Indian Reservation, with many other municipal, state, County, and the tribal agency’s bureaucracy compounding simple things into complex problems.

There are many more. Longshoremen in Tacoma are not the problem.

Last edited by zipties on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zipties wrote:
Port of Tacoma is ranked inefficient for many reasons far and away from the longshoremen. Three key ones:

1. Location and time it take to get ships to it. Look at any map of Puget Sound.
2. Traffic in and out. The roads are not there. Everything pinches down to Fife, and at most, three exits. One of which is virtually useless for truck traffic
3. The city of Tacoma’s rail service that inhibits large scale freight rail loading and unloading in an efficient manner.

Yep, exactly.

Smae can be said for Seattle. Not having the West Seattle bridge operational makes everything an absolute cluster fuck.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buh-buh-but, infrerstructure! CRT, "free" college and millions of new undocumented aliens will fix those trains and roads!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Buh-buh-but, infrerstructure! CRT, "free" college and millions of new undocumented aliens will fix those trains and roads!

Lets go Brandon!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
zipties wrote:
Port of Tacoma is ranked inefficient for many reasons far and away from the longshoremen. Three key ones:

Yep, exactly.

Smae can be said for Seattle. Not having the West Seattle bridge operational makes everything an absolute cluster fuck.

Whaaa? Why is WSB not operational?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
zipties wrote:

Yep, exactly.

Whaaa? Why is WSB not operational?

Its been closed for well over a year now. Structural cracks.

Truck traffic now backs up all the way to the I5 off ramp. Its. Fucking. Hell.

Just one of those small logistical things that some people fail to think about. :ROFLMAO:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next