Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
:bigsmile:

Union coffee break asssssshole :ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup2:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
My fellow trucker texted me today, said that two month ago about half of the container chassis miraculously disappeared (were dumped into the ocean?).

This is our 20' chassis section at 18. Normally this is packed with stacks and stacks of them.

5 available.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Intermodal chassis didn’t disappear. They were moved. It has been going on for months. Nearly a year.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/us-re ... r-shortage

A top maritime official has started an informal investigation into whether China is using its market power to monopolize containers and other equipment crucial to international supply chains to pump up rates paid by American exporters.

Carl Bentzel, a U.S. Federal Maritime Commissioner (FMC), told attendees at a virtual business meeting hosted by the Intermodal Association of North America that he is looking into the availability of containers, intermodal chassis and railroad equipment, and whether the U.S. has become overly dependent on such equipment owned and managed by China.

“I am concerned that this equipment is controlled by a state-owned enterprise and that we’re completely reliant, and I have questions about whether or not there’s been market manipulation of what is potentially a monopoly,” Bentzel said at the meeting on Wednesday. “We really need to take a look at our reliance on that segment of the industry, and evaluate how important it is to our nation.”

Bentzel made public months ago his concerns about shortages of equipment used to support cargo moving in the U.S. trans-Pacific trade in the wake of volume surges at the country’s major container ports, particularly the Los Angeles-Long Beach complex.

“I would note with concern that most intermodal chassis and marine containers are manufactured in China,” Bentzel stated in November. “I find it hard to believe with the full restoration of Chinese manufacturing that has come roaring back, creating volume surges, that the marine equipment segment has lagged so far behind.”

The problem is not likely to be resolved soon, based on the recent outlook from equipment leasing companies. These lessors — which order containers from a small number of Chinese manufacturers and then lease them to shipping lines — see profitable market conditions likely into 2022. Tighter box capacity means higher rates shippers must pay liners to move their cargo.

That means transit times from Asia are likely to remain slower as well. “We’re understanding from the ocean shipping lines that they’re waiting two weeks in China to get cargo containers, and we’re seeing delays of up to two weeks on intermodal movements going through railroad terminals as [U.S. railroads] are also grappling with challenges providing the equipment that is necessary to move,” Bentzel said.

He was told by an “unnamed container shipping line” that the 33-day benchmark for transit from Beijing to Chicago has doubled to 65 days. “The equipment that we need is moving slower,” Bentzel said, “which all contributes to a huge challenge moving cargo.”

The operational challenges have raised legal issues, and the FMC is continuing to assess information gathered through its ongoing fact-finding investigation into shipping policies and practices by major container lines operating at the country’s largest container ports.

The FMC is also looking into allegations that U.S. exporters are being refused service by carriers that can generate more revenue by flipping empty containers immediately back to China to be refilled with U.S. imports instead of making them available at inland loading points for U.S. exporters.

“I anticipate that we’re moving closer towards enforcement proceedings or policy suggestions to help better serve the shipping public,” Bentzel said.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isn’t it an act of war?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the more reason to buy made in USA

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it isn't it should be....

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:

Gotta get the lazy fucks off their asses first..

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
vic_b wrote:

Gotta get the lazy fucks off their asses first..

True. Can’t swing a liberal by their dread locks without hitting a “We’re hiring” sign.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China’s magnesium shortage threatens global car industry.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/insider-vo ... ustry/amp/

Clearly, PRC Global elites started bio- and economic war against West humanity.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shipping Containers That Spent Weeks Aboard Ships Stuck At Ports Now Being Dumped In Nearby Neighborhood.

With the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach now running 24/7 operations, a new problem has occurred. Many of the shipping containers that spent weeks onboard ships waiting to be unloaded are now being dumped in nearby neighborhoods once they’re emptied.

The company’s lot only has a capacity for 65 containers so the additional containers now line up along Anaheim Street in front of some people’s homes. “It’s a bunch of neighbors that are very upset because it’s a non-stop situation,” said Cervantes.

“I would have to go in at 6:30 a.m. to go to work. There was a trailer already blocking my driveway so I couldn’t get out. With no driver in the trailer, so we would honk and honk, and it was just crazy.”

“Right now with the ports and everything that’s going on over there, we’re stuck with the containers, having to bring them all to the yard, and we only have so much space,” said UCTI Trucking owner Frank Arrieran.

“They’re sitting in the street for like 15, 20 minutes,” Cervantes said. “Sometimes they just unload the trailer in the street with no front part of it, and they just leave it there.”

‘People Are Hoarding’: Food Shortages Are The Next Supply-Chain Crunch.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-h ... 00053.html

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently, we won't need all that toilet paper.

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/r ... es-photos/

USA, Safeway, 2021

USSR, grocery store, 1989

Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting times.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Interesting times.

This is just one container.....

Attachment:
2021-10-22_104150.png

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whos gotta boat?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Whos gotta boat?

We’re gonna need a bigger boat...

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next