Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 USCP ordered to arrest maskless individuals at Captiol 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

No one is making shit up.

This ranks right up there with Seattle trying to ban guns in parks.

'If you're carrying a gun we'll ask you to leave and if you don't leave you're trespassing'..

Strawman argument.

How in the everliving fuck is that a strawman argument?

They're making the same argument.

'we're not arresting you for X, you can do X, we're arresting you for Y, because you're DOING X'..

A few simple questions that sound the same, but have way different answers are why they are nowhere near the same argument.

1 - Can Seattle Ban Guns in Parks? Can the US Capitol mandate masks in the buildings?
2 - Can Seattle PD legally ask you to leave a park for carrying a gun in a park? Can the USCP legally ask you to leave a building because you are in violation of the mask policy?

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
Also, 22-3302 give authority for arrest for trespass, NOT for failure to mask. So, you won't get arrested for not masking, you will get arrested for not leaving if you refuse to mask.

:ROFLMAO: The fuck's the difference? You actually SEE a difference? In the words of the shriveled up oligarch "c'mooooon, man".

This shit is insane.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

'If you're carrying a gun we'll ask you to leave and if you don't leave you're trespassing'..

Strawman argument.

'we're not arresting you for X, you can do X, we're arresting you for Y, because you're DOING X'..

A few simple questions that sound the same, but have way different answers are why they are nowhere near the same argument.

1 - Can Seattle Ban Guns in Parks? Can the US Capitol mandate masks in the buildings?
2 - Can Seattle PD legally ask you to leave a park for carrying a gun in a park? Can the USCP legally ask you to leave a building because you are in violation of the mask policy?

Generally speaking, you cannot be trespassed from public property unless you're breaking the law.

Generally speaking, govt cannot inhibit freedom of expression.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Strawman argument.

Generally speaking, you cannot be trespassed from public property unless you're breaking the law.

I guess we can continue down the path of spiraling goalposts... Is being unmasked a recognized freedom of expression? (yes, I know the irony of using recognized with a natural right).

it really doesn't matter the answer, because while you tried to draw a straight line between these scenarios, you have to take many detours. That doesn't mean that I don't think that the whole thing isn't BS and I am advocating for arresting people. I am just pointing out what they are enforcing is LAW, and what all gun owners have always demanded our .gov to do is to follow the damn law.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are no rights, 'cuz "public safety".

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

World Affairs Brief, July 30, 2021 Commentary and Insights on a Troubled World.
Copyright Joel Skousen. Joel Skousen’s World Affairs Brief (http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com).

As the Democrat-controlled investigating committee holds hearings on the January 6th so-called “insurrection” at the capitol, the NY Times is now calling Trump supporters, “enemies of the state”

It’s a show trial to further poison the image of Trump supporters as “domestic terrorists.” Mark Levin on an interview with Sean Hannity took exception to the repeated claim that the Jan 6 entrance on the capitol was the “worst attack since 9/11". He outlined 3 other real terrorist attacks on the Capitol. Jan was not even close.

In 1979 president Jimmy Carter released 3 Puerto Rican terrorists who shot at members of Congress from the House floor, wounding 5 members of the House of Representatives. On the last day of Bill Clinton’s presidency, he pardoned Susan Rosenberg, a member of the Weather Underground, convicted and serving a 58 year sentence for participating in the bombing of the US Capitol—who help found the BLM movement. Obama mentor Bill Ayers was also convicted of bombing the capitol, and ended up in an accidental explosion with other domestic terrorists preparing other bombs.

https://www.american.edu/sis/centers/se ... ferent.cfm

There have been numerous bombings of the US Capitol. In 1915, former Harvard professor Erich Muenter planted three sticks of dynamite in a Senate reception room. In March 1971, the Weather Underground set off a bomb in a bathroom on the Senate side. The most destructive was the November 1983 bombing by the May 19th (M19) Communist Organization, the only ever all-female terrorist group. The women issued a warning minutes before the device detonated in the Capitol’s north wing. No one was hurt in any of these incidents.

Individuals have also attacked the Capitol for no known reason. In 1998, Russell Eugene Weston entered the East front entrance armed with a .38 revolver. The metal detector chimed, but Capitol police were unable to react before Weston opened fire. Two were killed, later becoming the first private citizens to lie in honor in the Rotunda. Badly wounded, Weston ended up in Senator Tom DeLay’s office where Senator Bill Frist, a heart surgeon, saved his life. That incident led to the construction of an underground visitors’ entrance that opened in 2008.

https://history.house.gov/Oral-History/ ... -Shooting/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Unit ... te_bombing

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Strawman argument.

I guess we can continue down the path of spiraling goalposts... Is being unmasked a recognized freedom of expression? (yes, I know the irony of using recognized with a natural right).

it really doesn't matter the answer, because while you tried to draw a straight line between these scenarios, you have to take many detours. That doesn't mean that I don't think that the whole thing isn't BS and I am advocating for arresting people. I am just pointing out what they are enforcing is LAW, and what all gun owners have always demanded our .gov to do is to follow the damn law.

It's a pretty clear line. They're trying to apply the law in a way which circumvents the restrictions placed on government.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:

It's a pretty clear line. They're trying to apply the law in a way which circumvents the restrictions placed on government.

Which restrictions? Mask required are no different than requiring visitors to wear pants. if said person refuses to put on said mask pants, then they can be arrested for trespassing. Cause and Effect. Besides the fact that there is an obvious special treatment in the policy, this whole thing is a nothingburger.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Which restrictions? Mask required are no different than requiring visitors to wear pants. if said person refuses to put on said mask pants, then they can be arrested for trespassing. Cause and Effect. Besides the fact that there is an obvious special treatment in the policy, this whole thing is a nothingburger.

You're not gonna like what I have to say, but you probably already know what it is.

What constitutional authority do they have to require pants be worn in public ?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

You're not gonna like what I have to say, but you probably already know what it is.

Answering a question with another question just creates a circular discussion where you just control the narrative while never actually being able to articulate your argument. I'll pass on the back and forth until a more substantive argument can be presented.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait! I don't have to wear pants?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Answering a question with another question just creates a circular discussion where you just control the narrative while never actually being able to articulate your argument. I'll pass on the back and forth until a more substantive argument can be presented.

They have no legal authority to make anyone wear pants, nor do they have legal authority to make anyone wear a mask

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:06 pm

It could be argued that the pants thing passes muster, in that we have laws regarding indecent exposure.

The mask thing is not scientific, and is completely arbitrary.

THAT is the difference. And no, "their crib their rules" only goes so far.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2