Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Olympics 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeffro wrote:
An American, Will Shane, won the Gold in men’s 10m air rifle!
Setting a new Olympic record in doing so!

Cool!

Disproves first part of statement!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:
Some people on Twitter are asking why America can be so bad at the shooting competition if they worship the gun as a religion.

Because a) the last part of your statement is shit

I'm not twitter.

I told them that the ISSF style of shooting has about as much to do with practical guns as a Katana does to the 3 Olympic fencing disciplines.

I think pistol is replaced with lasers now for modern pentathalon.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone here think that Karma is playing a major roll in the US losing damn near everything?
or
Did the COVID shutdown affect the people last year for the training they needed?

I'm going with the Karma Bitch.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
Pablo wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:
Some people on Twitter are asking why America can be so bad at the shooting competition if they worship the gun as a religion.

Because a) the last part of your statement is shit

I'm not twitter.

I told them that the ISSF style of shooting has about as much to do with practical guns as a Katana does to the 3 Olympic fencing disciplines.

I think pistol is replaced with lasers now for modern pentathalon.

Your quoted statement. Don't be so damned sensitive. :wink05: :bigsmile:

USA Men and USA Women - both. Gold Medals - Skeet. Animals! :thumbsup2: I think you can go back to tweeter and tell them they are full of shit. :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :wagwoot:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

M's 7 games back and playing like they stole it....

justsaying

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

M's 7 games back and playing like they stole it....

justsaying

WOW. I just NOW checked the game wrap up. They won last night? Holy shit, wow. 0-7, no I turned the radio off, I'm going on inside to watch Olympic women's clean snatch and jerk. Dman with a gran salumay. 11-8 win. Yeah.

I have watched air rifle, air pistol, skeet and archery. Both genders mountain biking. Some judo. Two types of fencing. AND Small women, around 110 pounds, lifting 230+ pounds> yeah that too. All pretty fun to watch. GUILTY as charged. No ingratiating kneeling or stupid unpatriotic acts.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Olympic Games, both summer and winter, should get rid of every "sport" that requires a judge. No clock? Dump it. No objective score? Cancel it.

I guess we can keep the referees ... if we have to.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
garbage.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic ... ndings.htm

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

rodell wrote:
The Olympic Games, both summer and winter, should get rid of every "sport" that requires a judge. No clock? Dump it. No objective score? Cancel it.

This^^^^^

And agreed baseball needs referees...not instant play back bullshit but yeah Umps and Ref's

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
rodell wrote:

This^^^^^

And agreed baseball needs referees...not instant play back bullshit but yeah Umps and Ref's

Of all the sports that need a clock, baseball has to be number 1.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

rodell wrote:
WaJim wrote:
rodell wrote:

This^^^^^

Of all the sports that need a clock, baseball has to be number 1.

Disagree...the game was invented/played by kids that had aaaaaaalll afternoon,...it should stay that way.

Getting rid of silly shit like the Hula Hoop BMX Bike Dancers would be a positive move.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not much of a Summer Olympics fan. Typically I'd say bring on the Winter and the land of the ice and snow :bigsmile: Alpine skiing, biathlon, nordic skiing, luge, skeleton, bob sled, ski jumping, ice hockey, all goodness. Grateful that snowboarding has found it's footing in the Olympic games.

For 2022 however, I may take a pass since the communist shithole of a country named China is hosting the Olympics. Would rather not support a country that has killed tens of millions of it's own citizens, enslaves it's own ethnic/religious minorities, suppresses all internal political dissent, and wants to plant it's jackbooted heel on the throat of democracies around the world.

Let Coca-Cola and Nike benefit from their own boot-licking. I'll pass.

I'll watch the FIS events on TV next season, skip the Winter Olympics, and bide my time till the next 2023 FIS Alpine skiing world championships in Courchevel, France.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:38 pm

I love that they put them on pedestals in huge white masks and put gold metals on them to hear a hymn just blinking in that mask :) WTF? Truly star moment - nobody would even remember your face... What a way to gain face recognition for endorsements... :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shooting sports folks brought home the gold in two events, and a record as well.

Only events of any interest.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next