Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Give this man a medal.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

...is the sentiment I believe many here are conveying

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
"I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

And I absolutely agree with that sentiment.

I also happen to believe that anyone who takes delight in inhumane treatment of others is not a man.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

I also happen to believe that anyone who takes delight in inhumane treatment of others is not a man.

So, inhumane treatment makes someone inhuman?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Giving or receiving?

Asking for a friend

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

What kind of twisted logic trap is that? Inhumane treatment is inhumane. It certainly doesn't make you a saint.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

What kind of twisted logic trap is that? Inhumane treatment is inhumane. It certainly doesn't make you a saint.

in•hu•man ĭn-hyoo͞′mən►
adj. Lacking kindness, pity, or compassion; cruel or indifferent.
adj. Not suited for human needs.
adj. Not of ordinary human nature, form, or character.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everyone’s criteria of humanity is different.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't believe anyone is supportive of this.

A felon shoots someone who is under his car, then when they try to get away shoots them again, and while they're still alive ties them behind their truck and drags them to a nearby field?

No one like thieves, but stealing a catalytic converter shouldn't be a sentence to death by torture.
The state utterly fails at addressing crime, but that doesn't mean lethal force should be used to address a theft.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

in•hu•man ĭn-hyoo͞′mən►
adj. Lacking kindness, pity, or compassion; cruel or indifferent.
adj. Not suited for human needs.
adj. Not of ordinary human nature, form, or character.

Nailed it.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:

A felon shoots someone who is under his car, then when they try to get away shoots them again, and while they're still alive ties them behind their truck and drags them to a nearby field?

No one like thieves, but stealing a catalytic converter shouldn't be a sentence to death by torture.
The state utterly fails at addressing crime, but that doesn't mean lethal force should be used to address a theft.

Agreed and I think that is the basic gist of what most are describing here.

Don't condone what he did to the thief but at the same time kind of hard to feel bad for the scum bag thief either. I have yet to see anyone say that it was right behavior to shoot the guy AND tie up and drag behind. Shoot maybe, the rest not much.

What you are responding to is the building resentment many of us have to the scum out there that think and believe its just fine to steal from others and that there really should be no consequences.
It's too bad the thief here is dead. Maybe he would have turned his life around (Yeah the rest of you doubtful and all that but hey miracles do happen) But for him there is not that chance. Consequences are not always what we think they should be. This dude decided he was going to mess up two peoples lives by making the evil and wrong decision to steal from someone else. His because that was the last stupid thing he is ever going to get to do and the other because he lost his senses and not only shot the guy but then proceeded to torture or abuse the suspect and perp as well. Now going back to jail because of the others wicked decision.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:

Don't condone what he did to the thief but at the same time kind of hard to feel bad for the scum bag thief either. I have yet to see anyone say that it was right behavior to shoot the guy AND tie up and drag behind. Shoot maybe, the rest not much.

What you are responding to is the building resentment many of us have to the scum out there that think and believe its just fine to steal from others and that there really should be no consequences.
It's too bad the thief here is dead. Maybe he would have turned his life around (Yeah the rest of you doubtful and all that but hey miracles do happen) But for him there is not that chance. Consequences are not always what we think they should be. This dude decided he was going to mess up two peoples lives by making the evil and wrong decision to steal from someone else. His because that was the last stupid thing he is ever going to get to do and the other because he lost his senses and not only shot the guy but then proceeded to torture or abuse the suspect and perp as well. Now going back to jail because of the others wicked decision.

I can agree with pretty much all of that.

However, the felon going back to prison is not going back to prison because of the choice the thief made. He is going back to prison because of his own decision.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:

One thing I didn't state.......I mean all I said was the thief can't ply his trade anymore...........but you touched on the resentment part, and for me, tax paid authorities treating property crime as nothing really ticks me off and these same people have a real hankering to crack down on gun owners, for, well, being gun owners........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:

So, the choice is...

A) Nothing happens to the guy, because they're not arresting them, and charges are being dismissed for stuff like this...

OR...

B) Thief gets deaded.

The option C) beating the crap out of him, but not killing him, would be a viable alternative, but that's not what happened in this case...

The world is a better place without that thief in it...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:
ISIS and other Muslim countries are looking for people who are okay with chopping off hands of thieves if that vibes with people here.

We can just send the guy there in stead of wasting money prosecuting and jailing him?

Didn't know that was an option

Nice find

Only if you care about some parts of the constitution and not the other bits like those democrats.

2nd is fine, 8th not so much. Amirite?

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a reason COPS filmed so much in Lakewood

Going back to the definition of inhumane: Is it any surprise that inhumane acts happen in places where people live inhumanely?

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next