Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Give this man a medal.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
Only if you care about some parts of the constitution and not the other bits like those democrats.

2nd is fine, 8th not so much. Amirite?

Then why did you suggest it?

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 pm
FFL / Dealer

Cobra once said, "This is where the law stops and where I begin."

Our legal system has broken down and now folks feel they have to take justice into their own hands. I blame
the democratic politicians and woke legal system for this thief's death. If there is no penalty for thieving in WA state, what is the deterrent?

What do you think that thief who stole that dead SPD woman's car is going to get when they catch him? Probably a slap on the wrist since
it's just a property crime after all.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 pm
FFL / Dealer

scrid2000 wrote:
I can't believe anyone is supportive of this.

A felon shoots someone who is under his car, then when they try to get away shoots them again, and while they're still alive ties them behind their truck and drags them to a nearby field?

No one like thieves, but stealing a catalytic converter shouldn't be a sentence to death by torture.
The state utterly fails at addressing crime, but that doesn't mean lethal force should be used to address a theft.

In TX, it is okay to use lethal force to protect one's property. It is not un-constitutional to do so.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:
Only if you care about some parts of the constitution and not the other bits like those democrats.

2nd is fine, 8th not so much. Amirite?

Then why did you suggest it?

I suggested that if people were for this form of punishment then there are places and people that are all for it where the culture here does not.

This wasn't an endorsement that I think people in the US should switch to a sharia style of justice system.

Highway wrote:
In TX, it is okay to use lethal force to protect one's property. It is not un-constitutional to do so.

It's no longer "protecting" when the threat is over and you are simply torturing the person after you have dealt with the threat.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Col_Temp wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
I can't believe anyone is supportive of this.

A felon shoots someone who is under his car, then when they try to get away shoots them again, and while they're still alive ties them behind their truck and drags them to a nearby field?

No one like thieves, but stealing a catalytic converter shouldn't be a sentence to death by torture.
The state utterly fails at addressing crime, but that doesn't mean lethal force should be used to address a theft.

Agreed and I think that is the basic gist of what most are describing here.

Don't condone what he did to the thief but at the same time kind of hard to feel bad for the scum bag thief either. I have yet to see anyone say that it was right behavior to shoot the guy AND tie up and drag behind. Shoot maybe, the rest not much.

What you are responding to is the building resentment many of us have to the scum out there that think and believe its just fine to steal from others and that there really should be no consequences.
It's too bad the thief here is dead. Maybe he would have turned his life around (Yeah the rest of you doubtful and all that but hey miracles do happen) But for him there is not that chance. Consequences are not always what we think they should be. This dude decided he was going to mess up two peoples lives by making the evil and wrong decision to steal from someone else. His because that was the last stupid thing he is ever going to get to do and the other because he lost his senses and not only shot the guy but then proceeded to torture or abuse the suspect and perp as well. Now going back to jail because of the others wicked decision.

I can agree with pretty much all of that.

However, the felon going back to prison is not going back to prison because of the choice the thief made. He is going back to prison because of his own decision.

Good points made, thank you both.

Highway wrote:

It seems only in specific situations (https://lawofselfdefense.com/statute/te ... -property/), and it still probably wouldn't be legal to drag someone alive behind a car after shooting them twice.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
I suggested that if people were for this form of punishment then there are places and people that are all for it where the culture here does not.

I'm glad that we're in agreement that the culture here does not condone that

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let me channel my inner lawyer:
It may seem clear cut in someone's recollection on an internet forum, but was it the case in real life?

When do we start taking the law into our own hands? Who decides?

What is the difference between a lawless society where people take the law into their own hands and one that has a process for determining guilt and dispensing justice?

If only we had a legal opinion! :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
"I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

...is the sentiment I believe many here are conveying

And I absolutely agree with that sentiment.

I also happen to believe that anyone who takes delight in inhumane treatment of others is not a man.

so that begs the question....people who act inhumanly or commit acts of inhumane violence are no longer human? I have long thought that humanity is what separates us from the animal kingdom....if you act like an animal, we should put you down like an animal

dragging behind the truck is a little overkill, but I will not shed a tear over the death of a criminal

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
It may seem clear cut in someone's recollection on an internet forum, but was it the case in real life?

What is the difference between a lawless society where people take the law into their own hands and one that has a process for determining guilt and dispensing justice?

If only we had a legal opinion! :ROFLMAO:

but what is the law? Is the law not a set of rules made by humans? A social compact that we all agree to.....so when one of us breaks the contract are we not all responsible to make sure justice is done? Or do we sit by and watch Kitty get raped and killed?

I say let vigilantism rule...if the vigilante is in the wrong (punished, detained, injured the wrong person) then let them suffer the consequences, otherwise let's live by the spirit of the law, not the letter.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is how I see thievery.
Someone who is stealing my belongings, is also stealing my life that I spent to earn them.
Therefore, an intruder who is stealing material objects from me is encroaching on my life.
I also believe that a punishment must always be more severe than a crime.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I actually agree with bubblewhip, once the threat was stopped, hog tying the guy and dragging him was excessive (legally).
Morally I also have an issue with torture, however I do understand why people are so enraged with the environment that the left has created to tolerate crime.

That said, the news is ignoring the fact that WA RCWs specifically says homicide is justifiable when stopping a felony from being accomplished to you/on you. In WA theft of 750 or more of stuff is considered a felony, however the courts have effectively gutted that part of the RCW and the news media lies and whenever self defense stories come up in the news they say you can only use deadly force if your life is in danger.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
I actually agree with bubblewhip, once the threat was stopped, hog tying the guy and dragging him was excessive (legally).
Morally I also have an issue with torture, however I do understand why people are so enraged with the environment that the left has created to tolerate crime.

That said, the news is ignoring the fact that WA RCWs specifically says homicide is justifiable when stopping a felony from being accomplished to you/on you. In WA theft of 750 or more of stuff is considered a felony, however the courts have effectively gutted that part of the RCW and the news media lies and whenever self defense stories come up in the news they say you can only use deadly force if your life is in danger.

:thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wasn't that he was trying to torture the guy, it's just that he ran out of rope before he could anchor his feet to something solid.

I don't blame him for switching tactics, ammo is expensive these days.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 am

I honestly don't care that he drug him with his truck. Call me heartless all you want, but you mess with someone's stuff you get to deal with the consequences

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next