Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Knock Knock; who's there? BANG! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

someone has some 'splainin' to do.

Arlington home owner shoots early morning unannounced visitor who came knocking bit refused to leave.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/police-susp ... e-property

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah i think we need a few more details.
Unclear if there was actually an altercation or not.
That is pretty far back in the woods as well.

Obviously wasn't a neighbor as most people now each other in the country. And knocking on the back door is a bit strange as well.
Also, they didn't say if he shot him through the door or opened the door and then had to shoot.

Details, details, details, fact he wasn't arrested yet says there was at least some indication that self defense was in play. Have to see if anything shows otherwise.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uh….this quote from the article is interesting….

“The homeowner is cooperating with the investigation. Deputies don't know whether he will be charged.

It doesn’t appear the homeowner knew the man he shot.

The Everett Police Department has taken over the investigation of this shooting, at the request of the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.

Officials with Everett Police say the reason is the person killed in the shooting is a family member of a Snohomish County Sheriff's Office employee.”

Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah something doesn't add up. Media is either intentionally leaving out an important detail that mitigates the homeowner's actions or they just don't know it. Given that the case is fairly straightforward and there's no outstanding manhunt or deep investigation pending for which the police would need to hide info, and the press likely could get all the info easily, my guess is media bias is trying to paint defense as "questionable" as possible.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Friends say kid was at a party until quite late and "wandered away". He ended up at the house in the story.

Kid's friends don't know any more than you or I about the circumstances, but say he was a good kid who didn't deserve this. Nor, by the same rationale, does the homeowner... since no one but those involved yet know whom deserves what, but you know... fcuk evidence. Our FEELERS are hurt.

so, they've started a petition to get LE to level charges against the home owner...

https://www.q13fox.com/news/friends-wan ... -arlington

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I read the petition, so far about 3800 have signed it.

The petition claims the "victim" was lost and "confused." Some people who claim to know the victim in the comments said he wasn't in the "right headspace" whatever the hell that means.

When an older teenager knocks on someone's BACKDOOR in the middle of the night and refuses to leave even after the homeowner announces they are armed and will defend, that's a damn Darwin award right there. Hopefully this idiot didn't breed before taking himself out. In this day and age of police being neutered by SJWs people are on their own, and all the citizen DGUs lately in this area show that.

I'm curious if there is video footage of any of this.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Red flags to be weary of:

Knocking on door late at night
Knocking on back door late at night
Unannounced trespasser not willing to leave when HO told to do so
Unannounced trespasser not willing to leave when told HO is armed
BANG
Did I miss anything???

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:

BANG
Did I miss anything???

yeah, you can't just shoot trespassers. Your life needs to be in danger to justify use of lethal force. Else, its homicide.
EDIT: my point is, either the info is incomplete and there was more interactions that justify shooting or this will end up in charges for the home owner

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jorgeu wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

BANG
Did I miss anything???

yeah, you can't just shoot trespassers. Your life needs to be in danger to justify use of lethal force. Else, its homicide.
EDIT: my point is, either the info is incomplete and there was more interactions that justify shooting or this will end up in charges for the home owner

It's almost always homicide when that happens for any reason, did you mean justifiable vs not? If so, that's not entirely correct despite some bad court rulings that sometimes give the faulty interpretation you cited. Here is the actual law.
https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.050
Quote:
RCW 9A.16.050
Homicide—By other person—When justifiable.
Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:
(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.

A more important question would be whether that intruder was committing a felony or the homeowner had reason to believe he was in the process of committing a felony which was about to be accomplished if the homeowner did not stop it from being accomplished? (ie: Burglary 2, assault, etc)

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No shit, there’s more to the story I’ll bet,

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Friends say kid was at a party until quite late and "wandered away". He ended up at the house in the story.

Kid's friends don't know any more than you or I about the circumstances, but say he was a good kid who didn't deserve this. Nor, by the same rationale, does the homeowner... since no one but those involved yet know whom deserves what, but you know... fcuk evidence. Our FEELERS are hurt.

so, they've started a petition to get LE to level charges against the home owner...

Sounds like the teen got some drugs and alcohol at the party and it all went downhill from there. Unfortunate outcome...

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Sounds like the teen got some drugs and alcohol at the party and it all went downhill from there. Unfortunate outcome...

^^^ this^^^ Very unfortunate.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Similar thing happened in my college town where someone was shot in a backyard. Not a complete story, but looks like owner had enough fear of their life to justify the homicide, barring spectacular evidence.

Sad that a kid died, who was probably on a one-off bender.

Everett taking it over is a good thing.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm speculating here, but i see this. Blacked out drunk kid, thinks it's his house or the Party house and bangs on the door. Too drunk/High to cooperate and won't leave.
Homeowner goes outside to confront him, Drunk kid advances and he shoot's him. Nothing i have seen mentions the Kid having a weapon of any sort, or even making any threats.

When the Homeowner went outside to confront him, at that point the Kid was just a trespasser. You can't shoot someone for Trespassing.
Now i may have it wrong, but i can easily see that being the case.

The Homeowner should have kept his weapon and himself inside and called the Police. Unless the Kid made entry to the Home, then that's a different situation.

Having said that, we don't have all the facts, but it's a tragic situation all the way around. I don't see it ending well for the Homeowner, it sure as hell didn't for that kid.

Here's the Q13 story.

Here's the KOMO story that say's the Homeowner went outside to confront him
https://komonews.com/news/local/arlingt ... ng-at-door

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I could see the kid getting surly and telling the homeowner to "f*ck off" and then threaten him when he was asked to leave, drugs and booze make kids do stupid shit like that. Hope there's a security camera.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next