Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Got a diesel truck? Now is the time to sell 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Gman wrote:
I checked the KBB value on my 2019 RAM last week and it was about $5K less than what I paid for it. It's difficult to find new inventory, so used prices have climbed significantly.

The problem is finding something else to replace it with. You're buying back into the same market that has inflated prices.

The same goes for home sales.

Hmmmm....I checked my 2016 Z71 Colorado Crew cab and trade in is 5k over what i paid back then.

Maybe it's a Dodge thing. :wink05:

If I go by the top of the range for trade value, I break even after having owned it for over 2.5 years. I wasn’t cherry picking the number I wanted to read.

Ram Trucks is a brand, not a Dodge model. Has been since 2010.

Maybe it's a not quite a full-size truck thing. :wink05:

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:21 am

Most diesel pickup owners don’t need one. It’s a want thing. You have to burn a lot of fuel for the payback to even out. With new ones like mine, by then, the emission system surely will need four figures worth of maintenance.

Pre-emission trucks are less maintenance intensive but still require proper maintenance that many of their owners are not performing. The mighty Cummins likes to burn up cyl #6 exacerbated by improper valve adjustment and nozzle maintenance that most owners don’t even know what that means to start with, won’t pony up the money to have a shop do it for them, or better yet try it themselves watching YooToob and then calling their neighbor for help. “You have a diesel truck Larry can you help me?” Sure for $100/hr. WHAT????

They get along for a time until they start having issues because the engine never is working hard towing a 3500 lb boat or hauling a 6” exhaust and half full tool box of light beer and bungee straps.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:25 am

Gman wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Gman wrote:
I checked the KBB value on my 2019 RAM last week and it was about $5K less than what I paid for it. It's difficult to find new inventory, so used prices have climbed significantly.

The problem is finding something else to replace it with. You're buying back into the same market that has inflated prices.

Hmmmm....I checked my 2016 Z71 Colorado Crew cab and trade in is 5k over what i paid back then.

If I go by the top of the range for trade value, I break even after having owned it for over 2.5 years. I wasn’t cherry picking the number I wanted to read.

Sugar swerve it all ya want but it’s still a POS Chrysler product. Just like a Silverado or Sierra is GM and a Super Duty is just a 3/4-1 ton Ford pickup.

Branding sells to people who don’t know what they’re buying.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Gman wrote:

No cherry picking a number, and that 5K i mentioned wasn't even the top of the range. I bought mine late year when Chevrolet was doing a 20% off the sticker program.
No negotiations necessary, just 7600.00 off the sticker price. I was good with that. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think I've ever seen a thread with this amount of dick measuring going on as this one.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a thread with this amount of dick measuring going on as this one.

Attachment:
excuseme.gif

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

No dick measuring here, mine's a Gas Truck and not even full size so i lost 3 inches in points right there. I got 1 inch back for the Crew cab though. :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem with selling a truck while it's high is that you need to buy another one.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
The problem with selling a truck while it's high is that you need to buy another one.

Right? Kind of like selling a house right now. It's a sellers Market.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:21 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

usrifle wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:

Depends where you are looking at moving. Our market isn't necessarily the same as one in certain parts of MT, NM, TX or WY etc

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:

Do you really?

das_napeth wrote:
Depends where you are looking at moving. Our market isn't necessarily the same as one in certain parts of MT, NM, TX or WY etc

This guy gets it

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
usrifle wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:

Well, it depends on where in those States too. The same applies here in WA and i'm not looking at Truck prices in those States because i don't live there.

Apples and Oranges, or whatever they grow in those States. :wink05:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Attachment:
excuseme.gif

New rule:

Any reference to Blazing Saddles = automatic thread win

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trucks are worthless without an entertainment center..................................................................................................................fielder............

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Trucks are worthless without an entertainment center..................................................................................................................fielder............

Setting my air suspension to Entry/Exit Mode in 3...2...

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next