Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 84  Next
 "Laughs in Tesla" ~ Big D 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Attachment:
1668214279649.jpg

Savage

Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Axial flux motors. Discuss.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:21 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Attachment:
1668214279649.jpg

Savage

That is the best thing I’ve seen in a long time

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Switzerland plans to BAN electric cars from the roads and order games consoles turned off during power shortages in a bid to reduce energy consumption
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11494991/Switzerland-BAN-electric-cars-roads-power-shortages.html

Quote:
Switzerland will ban the use of electric cars for 'non-essential' journeys if the country runs out of energy this winter, the government has announced.

Emergency plans drawn up in the event the Swiss are hit by blackouts also call for shop opening hours to be reduced by up to two hours per day, heating systems in nightclubs to be turned off, and other buildings to be heated to no more than 20C.

Crisis measures could see streaming services and games consoles banned, Christmas lights turned off, and all sports stadiums and leisure facilities closed.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hahaha, my guess is blue states here will eventually do the same thing as power shortages get worse.

It's a trap! Cue Admiral Ackbar gif.

So gas cars will be banned, and randomly electric cars will be banned.

Congrats, welcome to the new world. Now go eat your cockroach jelly. Want to help prevent that shitty new world? Don't buy electric cars. They can't mandate them and then ban them too if most people refuse to use them.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
JONATHAN MATTISE
Sat, December 3, 2022 at 8:08 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee is considering allowing express toll lanes on highways and tripling a fee for electric car owners as he targets his first big push after winning reelection — paying for tens of billions of dollars in roadway projects.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee-roads-plan-mulls-toll-150815625.html

I'll bet Slimeslee is drooling over this.

Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Tesla Model S Burns To Ground In Pennsylvania

Quote:
There wasn’t much left of the electric car…
The thing about electric cars is while they might be hot sales items in certain areas, they also burn hotter. That point was illustrated yet again by a Tesla Model S which caught fire on Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania not too long ago, the EV burning to the ground. It took multiple tanker trucks pouring plenty of water on the fire to get it to extinguish and stay that way, leaving precious little of the car when the smoke cleared.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-model-burns-ground-pennsylvania-200000963.html

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen similar outcomes of DPF fires in semi-trucks. The entire truck is gone and all that's left is a huge burn mark and molten metal.

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Quote:
Tesla Model S Burns To Ground In Pennsylvania

Quote:
There wasn’t much left of the electric car…
The thing about electric cars is while they might be hot sales items in certain areas, they also burn hotter. That point was illustrated yet again by a Tesla Model S which caught fire on Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania not too long ago, the EV burning to the ground. It took multiple tanker trucks pouring plenty of water on the fire to get it to extinguish and stay that way, leaving precious little of the car when the smoke cleared.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-model-burns-ground-pennsylvania-200000963.html

It's so tragic when a car goes up in flames, it is also unfortunate that 150 gas cars catch fire every day.

Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

Gas vs. Electric Car Fires [2022 Findings]
https://www.autoinsuranceez.com/gas-vs-electric-car-fires/

Quote:
“The study found that electric car fires occur in 3 out of every 1,000 starts, while gas car fires occur in 1 out of every 10,000 starts.

Electric cars are generally considered to be safer than gas cars, as they do not produce emissions that can endanger people. However, a recent study has found that electric car fires are more common than previously thought.

The study, which was conducted by researchers at the University of California-Irvine, found that electric car fires are responsible for approximately one-third of all car fires in the United States.

This is significant because electric cars make up a relatively small percentage of the overall vehicle market.”

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Emissions that can endanger people"

The stupid runs deep. These idiots better kill themselves before they realize there are 7+ billion humans exhaling every second of every day or before they realize plants need those "emissions" to create oxygen which is necessary for almost all life on earth...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

Gas vs. Electric Car Fires [2022 Findings]
https://www.autoinsuranceez.com/gas-vs-electric-car-fires/

Quote:
“The study found that electric car fires occur in 3 out of every 1,000 starts, while gas car fires occur in 1 out of every 10,000 starts.

Electric cars are generally considered to be safer than gas cars, as they do not produce emissions that can endanger people. However, a recent study has found that electric car fires are more common than previously thought.

The study, which was conducted by researchers at the University of California-Irvine, found that electric car fires are responsible for approximately one-third of all car fires in the United States.

This is significant because electric cars make up a relatively small percentage of the overall vehicle market.”

Literally from your link

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Per your chart, you've got 2:1 gas fires over electric, correct?

Given a choice, I'd rather have a gas fire than an electrical fire any day of the year.

That's just me.

Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

Given a choice, I'd rather have a gas fire than an electrical fire any day of the year.

That's just me.

1529.9/25.1 = 2:1?

Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
AR15L wrote:

That's just me.

1529.9/25.1 = 2:1?

Crap, I was looking at the wrong columns. :bonghit:

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 84  Next