Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 84  Next
 "Laughs in Tesla" ~ Big D 

Massivedesign wrote:
Rivian.. When it finally comes out in the Max Pack configuration and they get the high speed charging figured out will be a sweet ride. They need to work on the range though, 314 with terrible aerodynamics is going to be closer to 230 when there is any wind/rain/freeway speeds. Then, slap on 11k load on the back and watch that go to 100 miles real quick. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, but it will need to innovate fast because once the Cybertruck comes out with the 4860 Cells, it should dominate the market by a hefty margin... Now, if they could only make the cybertruck look decent...

To me that translates as: "Don't buy Rivian stock." They have an IPO coming up within a week or two, mid November I believe. I missed the boat on Tesla stock when they announced the split, I asked myself, how far can the share price run on news of a split, $200? And now $4,500 later, we see how far it ran. Oh, those are pre-split prices. I still think in pre-split prices, it keeps things in perspective. Tesla is some $6,000 a share now, while my crap Amazon stock is still $3,400's over one year later....

I know Musk trounces all the competition, but the Rivian (I watched about half an hour of vids on the Rivian) seemed like a potential contender. For what it's worth, Amazon owns 20% to 26% of Rivian shares. I guess I'll hold my AMZN.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am also pondering Rivian stock. Amazon has a ~20% stake in Rivian. Ford also has a stake but I don’t recall how much.

Rivian is more than just the R1T and R1S. They are also building their own charging network (Rivian Adventure Network).

They have a commercial vehicle contract they are working on with Amazon. If they can build the vehicles to meet that contract then they can expand in that space. Offering a commercial EV van could result in a pretty big win.

There are a lot of “ifs” but that is par for the course for a startup.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:
Tesla latest version of auto pilot software recalled for causing cars to automatically brake for no reason, even at high speeds on the freeway.
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... es-alarms/

Full FUD. The recall was completed with an OTA update 12 hours after the issue was found. It was also in a very small sample of vehicles who are testing FSD (I am also enrolled and should get my software update Saturday AM). I am part of that recall group and my OTA push will have the patch in it.

If anything. It shows how fast Tesla can respond to a software issue, pull back version 10.3, fix it and redeploy in such a small timeframe.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

F#$k Teslas; this might get me to go electric:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... ncept.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fun Fact.. Tesla's are NOT bulletproof. https://insideevs.com/news/548356/tesla ... f-vs-ak47/

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Black Rifle Coffee made a X with dual machine guns. I hope this is at SHOT.

https://apple.news/AuceJFXQ-SkilYS-DvmIjTw

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tesla Owners Locked Out Of Their Cars After App Outage And Ford’s Mike Levine Trolls Them
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/11/tesla-owners-locked-out-of-their-cars-after-app-outage-and-fords-mike-levine-trolls-them/

Quote:
The cars’ primary method of being locked and unlocked is with a keycard (or key fob), but owners also have the option to perform those functions via the Tesla app and a Bluetooth connection. However, if you were to only bring your phone with you when the app crashed, you wouldn’t be able to get into your car – and that’s exactly what happened this past Friday to around 500 Tesla owners.

Quote:
The fix didn’t stop Ford’s North America Product Communications Manager and active Tesla critic on Twitter from taking another shot at the Californian EV Brand.

https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/1462057159835865092?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1462057159835865092%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carscoops.com%2F2021%2F11%2Ftesla-owners-locked-out-of-their-cars-after-app-outage-and-fords-mike-levine-trolls-them%2F

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well.. If the Tesla owners would have done what they were supposed to do and have a keycard on them (in their wallet, purse, etc) then it would have been a non-issue. Telsa has been VERY clear that the Phone Key is not meant to be the ONLY way you access your vehicle.

That being said, I have a FOB for mine that stays in my pocket and have ordered Joelle a FOB for hers because Phone Keys are just plain glitchy (I'll keep one of her keycards in my wallet). I often see a tesla owner walk up to their car, in the rain, with bags of groceries and their door handle doesn't open the door. They have to fiddle fuck with their phone, open the app, authenticate, click unlock, wait for the command to process and then get in the car.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
I often see a tesla owner walk up to their car, in the rain, with bags of groceries and their door handle doesn't open the door. They have to fiddle fuck with their phone, open the app, authenticate, click unlock, wait for the command to process and then get in the car.

Wow.... PROGRESS.... yeah, old school keys are too much trouble...... :peep:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife's Rav4 unlocks the door if it senses that the fob is close and you tap on the handle

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
My wife's Rav4 unlocks the door if it senses that the fob is close and you tap on the handle

Yhea, on mine I don't even need to touch anything. The car wakes up when I get near it and locks when I walk away. Fobs are still the way to go IMO.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
I often see a tesla owner walk up to their car, in the rain, with bags of groceries and their door handle doesn't open the door. They have to fiddle fuck with their phone, open the app, authenticate, click unlock, wait for the command to process and then get in the car.

Wow.... PROGRESS.... yeah, old school keys are too much trouble...... :peep:

They are.. That's why none of ours have actual KEYS. Just fobs.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like they designed it to be carried comfortably in your rectum

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re:
RocketScott wrote:
Looks like they designed it to be carried comfortably in your rectum

I fart and the frunk opens

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Black Rifle Coffee made a X with dual machine guns. I hope this is at SHOT.

https://apple.news/AuceJFXQ-SkilYS-DvmIjTw
The Black Rifle Toyota Prius with a Vulcan cannon was hilarious.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 84  Next