Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Who is our weber guy? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

codfather wrote:
What lake/pond is that....does it have fish in it??

Yea it does. We caught a nice bass the other night and there are also large Crappie and a bunch of bluegill. The lilly pads are just starting to come to the surface. Last summer we caught quite a few fish out of there...hope to do again this year...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:06 am
Profile WWW

I just ran across this vid today.... spells out the differences between the Master Touch and the Premium kettles. From the looks of it, the MT is really the better deal between the two with all the added accessories that come with it. Hell, even just the heavier grates on the MT are probably worth the price difference in the long run. You really can't catch all the differences from the descriptions and pics --- its good to see them side by side.

Good call on the Master Touch :thumbsup2:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I just ran across this vid today.... spells out the differences between the Master Touch and the Premium kettles. From the looks of it, the MT is really the better deal between the two with all the added accessories that come with it. Hell, even just the heavier grates on the MT are probably worth the price difference in the long run. You really can't catch all the differences from the descriptions and pics --- its good to see them side by side.

Yep, watched a few comparison vids including that one before I decided. I also liked the taller height of the MT.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

JohnMBrowning wrote:

My weber pro came with everything on the MT. Might be an older version.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

So after many weeks of research and comparisons I finally settled on a new gas grill to replace a freebie I got from MassiveDesign. We had a deal with my Mother in law (who we now rent from) to buy a grill for her place. On the same property we also run a daycare that she owns. In the summer they do field days where the kids get to play on the main property lawn. When they do this we will be making dogs and burgers for them with the grill so it is a business expense for her. I went up to Puyallup today to the Ace Hardware to pick it up. I wanted the 9mm stainless grates that are only sold in the specialty dealer chains. Yea, its a pricey model, but all the cheap char broilers just seem so crummy in comparison.

Attachment:
20210508_222135.jpg

Attachment:
20210508_201153.jpg

Attachment:
20210508_222232.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 08, 2021 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats! :thumbsup2:

Looks good!

Sat May 08, 2021 11:48 pm

olydemon wrote:
So after many weeks of research and comparisons I finally settled on a new gas grill to replace a freebie I got from MassiveDesign. We had a deal with my Mother in law (who we now rent from) to buy a grill for her place. On the same property we also run a daycare that she owns. In the summer they do field days where the kids get to play on the main property lawn. When they do this we will be making dogs and burgers for them with the grill so it is a business expense for her. I went up to Puyallup today to the Ace Hardware to pick it up. I wanted the 9mm stainless grates that are only sold in the specialty dealer chains. Yea, its a pricey model, but all the cheap char broilers just seem so crummy in comparison.

We just got a new Weber as well (well ~2-3 weeks ago now). Bit fancier than yours but wanted the side burner. We went with the cast iron grates. But nicest part...natural gas. Having only really had the cheap grills before this is quite a nice unit!

Our Ace Hardware was great to us too. We initially ordered online but ended up canceling that order. They had it for sale lower in store (not listed lower due to MAP), manually adjusted the price to honor coupons that we used online (that were now invalid), assembled and delivered for free. Grill came in on the truck and they had it assembled to us same day.

Only issue so far is just with the warming rack and hot dog buns. For whatever reason the buns like to stick to the rack

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

velillen wrote:
olydemon wrote:

We just got a new Weber as well (well ~2-3 weeks ago now). Bit fancier than yours but wanted the side burner. We went with the cast iron grates. But nicest part...natural gas. Having only really had the cheap grills before this is quite a nice unit!

Our Ace Hardware was great to us too. We initially ordered online but ended up canceling that order. They had it for sale lower in store (not listed lower due to MAP), manually adjusted the price to honor coupons that we used online (that were now invalid), assembled and delivered for free. Grill came in on the truck and they had it assembled to us same day.

Only issue so far is just with the warming rack and hot dog buns. For whatever reason the buns like to stick to the rack

Nice one! I was really tempted too by that one. We never really used the side burners on the older grills I had with it. Plus going without kept us in the budget of Grandma who funded the grill.

Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 am
Profile WWW

olydemon wrote:
velillen wrote:
olydemon wrote:

Nice one! I was really tempted too by that one. We never really used the side burners on the older grills I had with it. Plus going without kept us in the budget of Grandma who funded the grill.
Who knows how often we will use the side burner but the wife wanted it. Luckily it worked out with the local ace already having it on sale and then in store was even lower. Add in ace rewards points and a rebate via our natural gas company and it's an even better deal.

It's definitely a step up from the cheap char-broil we used to have that's for sure

Sun May 09, 2021 12:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

velillen wrote:
Who knows how often we will use the side burner but the wife wanted it.

I used to have a grill with a side burner, and I almost never used it. Nowadays, though, I think I'd really appreciate it . . . it's fairly often that I cook something in the house that I really don't want to (really spicy, really smoky, etc.), and my stove has pretty poor ventilation. I'd love to be able to go outside and fire up the side burner to do that kind of cooking, without getting the whole grill going.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 09, 2021 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
velillen wrote:
Who knows how often we will use the side burner but the wife wanted it.

I used to have a grill with a side burner, and I almost never used it. Nowadays, though, I think I'd really appreciate it . . . it's fairly often that I cook something in the house that I really don't want to (really spicy, really smoky, etc.), and my stove has pretty poor ventilation. I'd love to be able to go outside and fire up the side burner to do that kind of cooking, without getting the whole grill going.

Take your pick, Madpick.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=propane+burn ... doa-p_2_14

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm

Missed my 'dream' grill today :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
This is the one I've wanted for a while now.
Just didn't have time to deal with it today....
Attachment:
Untitled.png

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 am

Trying to snag this one tonight for free..... wish me luck!
Responded 23 minutes after posting.... I may not have been quick enuff.....
Attachment:
w3.png

Thu May 20, 2021 4:28 pm

edogg wrote:
Back in 2007, I bought a 2 burner Genesis Silver model and the thing was built like a tank. Last year I decided to upgrade and got the the $500 one from Target. I noticed the legs are made of thin sheet metal and the tub is pretty thin too. Nowhere near the build quality of my old one.

Last week, I just bought a E-435, which is their 4 burner model. It was like $1200. While I was assembling it and seeing all the defects, I began regretting dropping so much coin on it.

I bought it at Lowe’s and the box was in perfect condition so I don’t think it’s shipping damage. But the legs are not square, there are a couple of bent rails, and somehow there is a large piece of cardboard inside one of the doors. The materials are the same flimsy sheet metal that the Target one was made out of.

I shoulda saved my money and just bought a Charbroil or something. Because Weber grills have the same build quality now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where was it made?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Trying to snag this one tonight for free..... wish me luck!
Responded 23 minutes after posting.... I may not have been quick enuff.....
Attachment:
w3.png

Damn... Did you score that one??

Sun May 23, 2021 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next