Jewco

F*cking autocorrect! Jukk0u.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Jewco

I'd give you a piece of my mind but I want to save my two cents.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just had top ramen for dinner. But with a side of short ribs!

I have bought all the pork shoulder that Freds has when it was $0.99 a pound. Then got a raincheck for more. Went and bought more with raincheck. Then grabbed the raincheck back when the checker wasn't looking. Bought more pork shoulder the next month with the same raincheck!!

Always get a raincheck for Patagonia jumbos if possible.

I frequently get Tractor Supply to issue a raincheck after I buy all the 15/40 or tractor fluid that is on sale.

When traveling, I ALWAYS stop at the town Im staying ats Visitor Center. They will usually have a car litter bag full of 2 for 1coupons for dinner and drinks in the local community. Sometimes a deal on a hotel also.

I haggled walmart down on my two of our house smart TVsand two of our laptops, Later I even bought the shop TV as one of walmarts clearance/return deals and got the manager to knock another 20percent off.

I just bought a nice dumptruck for less than scrap value today. I drove it home. Runs, drives, and dumps great. Ex DOT truck. 97,000 miles.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I just had top ramen for dinner. But with a side of short ribs!

I have bought all the pork shoulder that Freds has when it was $0.99 a pound. Then got a raincheck for more. Went and bought more with raincheck. Then grabbed the raincheck back when the checker wasn't looking. Bought more pork shoulder the next month with the same raincheck!!

Always get a raincheck for Patagonia jumbos if possible.

I frequently get Tractor Supply to issue a raincheck after I buy all the 15/40 or tractor fluid that is on sale.

When traveling, I ALWAYS stop at the town Im staying ats Visitor Center. They will usually have a car litter bag full of 2 for 1coupons for dinner and drinks in the local community. Sometimes a deal on a hotel also.

I haggled walmart down on my two of our house smart TVsand two of our laptops, Later I even bought the shop TV as one of walmarts clearance/return deals and got the manager to knock another 20percent off.

I just bought a nice dumptruck for less than scrap value today. I drove it home. Runs, drives, and dumps great. Ex DOT truck. 97,000 miles.

None of this makes you cheap except maybe to the Whole Foods crowd.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:45 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Jewco

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hahahahahahahah!!! That’s the best laugh I’ve had in a while!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Jewco

Methinks he overvalues what his mind is worth

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Jewco

Anytime I reply "In a few" with my phone it changes it to "Im a Jew".

Maybe the dum fone is smarter than I give it credit for!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
Everyone with a broken Hakim, FN49 or K-43 that couldn't resist the siren song of Turk 8mm.

This Thread is Hilarious! I thought I was bad. Never new until I was about 10 that nails were relatively inexpensive. I was allowed to use only the "unsalvageable ones" for personal projects, like the "raft" that I built so solidly it floated above water for almost 5 seconds. That fkr had a lot of unsalvageable fasteners in it, at least 20 lbs. Most of the wood was fairly punky as well, deemed "good enough for what you're doing". I could barely get it drug over to the lake. I vowed about 5 years later to never get caught smoking generic cigarettes. I personally sway widely from ultra cheap to YOLO mentality, with the trends often not correlating with my income- in fact :wagwoot: often just the opposite.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Dad, who was born in 1930 and lived through the depression era.

Still cuts out coupons.

Drinks Hamms because its cheaper than everything, not because it tastes better.

He can't throw anything away. He just finds other uses for items.

I might add, he's accumulated some astounding wealth by being a cheap skate.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People who lived thru the Depression are exempt. My grandmother who worked as a seamstress would cut tea bags in half and sew back and have two tea bags. She would also take furniture in from the curb and reupholster (put new coverings and sew). She would also save plastic bread wrappers and make throw rugs out of them (years later). Her husband left her with three daughters so she naturally saved money.

But my brother, no excuse. Drives my sister crazy. She was over there one time and he has a freezer to store food to buy in bulk. Well he made a big meat purchase and forgot it, and it defrosted in the car over the weekend. Despite protestations to either dump the meat or turn it into dog food, he refroze and ate it later.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

He can't throw anything away.

This. Well apparently discovering this when moving! I cannot nominate myself on account of my bipolarness. All this shit I thought I would need I am now throwing away, and some of it I am actually payijng money to throw away. Ouch. icon_eek

My parents, my dad in particular. He is/was very cheap and was a hypocrite of the first order. All he ever moaned about: How cheap other people are! "Jack is a cheapass" "Joe is so cheap you couldn't squeeze a nickle out of him"..................but my dad is way more CHEAP than them.

My wife wins for Queen of Cheap. If I buy anything, she lets me know......

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Last edited by Pablo on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$5 Crack Whore on the corner.....
Half price on Thursdays.
Cheapest person I know.

-dimwit-

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Leadcounsel. :rofl9:

In all seriousness, my father in law.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

Still cuts out coupons.

My grandfather and my great-grandfather "rode the rails" during the 1930s while my great-aunts lived with a relative after the death of my great-grandmother. My great grandfather was pretty successful at finding work (steamfitter), so they did ok.

The one story I remember vividly was that they would arrive on the edge of a town at "the jungle." They always had coffee and cooked it in a #10 can. As soon as the coffee smell hit, all the hobos would come out with their cup in hand. So my great-grandfather would always put his cigar butt in the can with the coffee. My grandpa said that once they saw the cigar butt, they didn't want the coffee.

My great-grandfather was the toughest man I ever met. He was 80 and he could still bend nails with his hands. He got a job in a coal mine about 1938-39 and remarried. Worked until the mine closed in 1956, then went to work for the local hospital. He was 81 years old when the hospital converted from steam boilers to electric (about 1973) and let him go. He basically went home, sat down in his chair and died a year later.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Still cuts out coupons.

My grandfather and my great-grandfather "rode the rails" during the 1930s while my great-aunts lived with a relative after the death of my great-grandmother. My great grandfather was pretty successful at finding work (steamfitter), so they did ok.

The one story I remember vividly was that they would arrive on the edge of a town at "the jungle." They always had coffee and cooked it in a #10 can. As soon as the coffee smell hit, all the hobos would come out with their cup in hand. So my great-grandfather would always put his cigar butt in the can with the coffee. My grandpa said that once they saw the cigar butt, they didn't want the coffee.

My great-grandfather was the toughest man I ever met. He was 80 and he could still bend nails with his hands. He got a job in a coal mine about 1938-39 and remarried. Worked until the mine closed in 1956, then went to work for the local hospital. He was 81 years old when the hospital converted from steam boilers to electric (about 1973) and let him go. He basically went home, sat down in his chair and died a year later.

This shouldn't be in the "cheap" thread, frankly. People were so different, even less than 100 years ago. Just as smart, but we have devolved.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next