Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Kansas 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hell yeah. Apex predator has got your yard covered. Rodents beware!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m looking at some hunting/home properties around Cherryvale!!!! May not come to fruition but love the area. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
I’m looking at some hunting/home properties around Cherryvale!!!! May not come to fruition but love the area. :bigsmile:

I'd go for this listing on drum creek in a heartbeat. Good price, and I bet the whitetail and turkeys are fat year-round. Geez...just lookit that scenery!
https://www.landwatch.com/montgomery-co ... /409976274

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news today! One major issue I have with this place is no ability to go shooting yet. This area of the country is all about hunting, but there seems to be no public shooting spots since everyone owns a back 40. The townsfolk are friendly enough, but nobody's offered up cousin Jeb's backyard outside of town yet.

I had about given up on it for now, but decided to contact a local hunting lodge, (15-20 min drive) which I expected to be "members only" unless you purchased a hunting package. I was incredibly surprised to be told that their 50-150 yard range with steel and paper targets is available to the general public April-September with a reservation. The nice lady also said they aren't busy at all during that time period, so even one day advance notice is generally enough.

And get this....free of charge. Holy Moly!
Ya'll aren't gonna believe all the services this place has. Now I know where I wanna work when I'm finished with THIS project!, :party: :party:

https://www.flintoak.com/

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn, that place looks nice!

What a find

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Great news today! One major issue I have with this place is no ability to go shooting yet. This area of the country is all about hunting, but there seems to be no public shooting spots since everyone owns a back 40. The townsfolk are friendly enough, but nobody's offered up cousin Jeb's backyard outside of town yet.

I had about given up on it for now, but decided to contact a local hunting lodge, (15-20 min drive) which I expected to be "members only" unless you purchased a hunting package. I was incredibly surprised to be told that their 50-150 yard range with steel and paper targets is available to the general public April-September with a reservation. The nice lady also said they aren't busy at all during that time period, so even one day advance notice is generally enough.

Ya'll aren't gonna believe all the services this place has. Now I know where I wanna work when I'm finished with THIS project!, :party: :party:

That's awesome.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Damn, that place looks nice!

What a find

Agreed!

That’s sweet! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

I'd go for this listing on drum creek in a heartbeat. Good price, and I bet the whitetail and turkeys are fat year-round. Geez...just lookit that scenery!
https://www.landwatch.com/montgomery-co ... /409976274

One step ahead of you RH, it’s on the list!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:

OUTSTANDING!!! Gotta love freedom states, they are not hampered by the Marxist!!!

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The boom-lift arrived today, and we got the beams speared into the backend of the house. Temp structural framing went up yesterday, and we ripped out the stairs and hung joists and covered with less than 15 minutes to spare. A bottle of scotch paid for the boomlift and operator...and the neighbor and his son were magically standing in our backyard wearing work gloves within 2 minutes of it's arrival. Bob Black is a 61 yr old army reservist of 28 years, and one of 3 of the towns Veterinarians. His wife runs a bed and breakfast out of their Victorian home across the street...built the same year as ours. The guy in the pictures handling the left end of the beam, is the president of the local bank. He's also the gentleman who approved the home loan, and made the lift arrangements. :bigsmile: God bless small town U.S.A.

After running out to grab some dinner, I noticed my feathered friends sitting on a branch together some distance away. I gave them a gentle whistle, and they came to my end of the pond to say hello. Gonna have to come up with names for them. Anybody have any ideas?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heckle and Jeckle

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heckle and jeckle were crows. Those are owls(?)

Hoot and Scoot?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barn Owls? Hmmm...

I’d be tempted to name one Barney...

So, Barney & Fred?

Barney & Andy?

Barney & Thelma?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: I paid the Justice of the Peace to marry us…. for a bottle of Scotch… 40 year ago. :bigsmile:

You guys are kickin ass out there!!!

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had to go deep down the rabbit hole, but I finally found the guy who built the house. Adam feigner Eby. Union soldier,schoolteacher, Mercantile, and Banker.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next