Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 NRA Members Seek Representation in Bankruptcy Proceedings 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Experts interviewed in the “Trace/Daily Beast” article pointed out that the NRA’s best defense against AG James’s attacks would be to hold itself separate from its allegedly corrupt leadership. They say that James has not come close to meeting her burden of proof that the Association itself is guilty and deserves to be destroyed, and that historically, courts go after the people who behaved badly, treating the organizations they worked for as victims, not co-conspirators..."
(I believe that means the courts go after the bad actors and the membership are the victims)

"If James can indeed prove that Wayne LaPierre and others at the top of the NRA food-chain, absconded with tens of millions of NRA’s dollars, then punishing the NRA would be punishing the victim of a crime."

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/nras-b ... 7-20588801

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This crook can't buy a skill with all the money in the world!

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... phant-hunt

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:59 am

NRA has been losing the political battle for a long time. I am a member, but my big donations go to SAF. With a strong conservative majority on the court right now I am hopeful we get reslts through that channel.

That said it looks like NRA-ILO is involved in NYSRPA v Corlett, which is the most important gun rights case to go before the SC since Presser in 1886.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, if Old Wayne takes it in the pooper, I am ok with that.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Judge tosses out bankruptcy protection saying they were using it to merely escape a State regulation scheme in bad faith.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tex ... bad-faith/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 12, 2021 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]