Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
 Ashli Babbit's Murderers identity partly exposed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
I think the chaz and portland crap should have been put down as well. But the local crap governments gave in.

Yup. You come attack an occupied police station or a courthouse with fire . . . well . . . expect some projectiles to be coming your way.

This isn't about local governments.

Federal agents were defending federal facilities in Portland. How many people did they kill despite the arson and assaults?

--

Last edited by Duke EB on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
I think the chaz and portland crap should have been put down as well. But the local crap governments gave in.

Yup. You come attack an occupied police station or a courthouse with fire . . . well . . . expect some projectiles to be coming your way.

This isn't about local governments.

Federal agents were defending federal facilities in Portland. How many people did they kill despite the arson and assaults?

Nobody is arguing your point that the feds were inconsistent. They absolutely were.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not a one-off, it's almost every time for DECADES.

Why do leftists get one set of laws applied to them FOR NEARLY A HALF CENTURY to the point of it becoming judicial precedent? It's sick. And it absolutely makes Ahsli Babbit's killing a murder.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
It's not a one-off, it's almost every time for DECADES.

Why do leftists get one set of laws applied to them FOR NEARLY A HALF CENTURY to the point of it becoming judicial precedent? It's sick. And it absolutely makes Ahsli Babbit's killing a murder.

So, arrest the guy, and send him to prison, not based on the evidence of that particular case, but because the process has been unfair in other circumstances?
No thanks. That's political prosecution, and robs the individual of a fair trial. Unfairness and injustice now does not fix unfairness and injustice in the past.

If the shooter is guilty, it ought to be on the merits of the case. Anything less, and we are no better than the far left.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wasn't a place of residence. Are business owners in DC allowed to shot and kill people climbing in through a broken window? Also, what have capitol police and security and federal forces been doing for decades which establishes policy and administrative and criminal legal precedent over time?

The "new rules" that leftist judges are incorporating into law are that if there's a "protest" then everything changes and deadly force can't be applied without a physical attack or direct threat of harm, oops, that's only for liberals.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
It wasn't a place of residence.

Doesn't matter. See below.

Alpine wrote:
Are business owners in DC allowed to shot and kill people climbing in through a broken window?

If there's a riot outside or a reasonable fear that there's a riot outside? Maybe. Try it in court. The business owner has a right to be where he is. The intruder does not. Also irrelevant.

Alpine wrote:
The "new rules" that leftist judges are incorporating into law are that if there's a "protest" then everything changes and deadly force can't be applied without a physical attack or direct threat of harm, oops, that's only for liberals.

I don't disagree. The law has been applied unevenly. But I'm not going to condemn the officer until the entirety of the case is known. You can send the guy to prison without a trial in your hypothetical if you want. I will stick with a fair trial in mine.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Half of law is promulgated by published caselaw and doesn't even come from statutes or administrative law.

This is going nowhere. I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse. As the body count eventually rises in an uneven manner from leftists controlling what's counted as unjust murder and what isn't eventually those defending this cop will get it. I wonder how many dead it will take for that. For our founders the Boston Massacre was more than enough. And yes, I am familiar with John Adams and his defense of the soldiers. But AT LEAST THEY WENT TO TRIAL. HOW ABOUT AT LEAST THAT?

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If Ashli Babbit was black.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Would her being black cancel out her political affiliation and result in a fair application of the law in the investigation? Like a points system?

How many points is a MAGA hat worth? Would a BLM sweatshirt outweigh it? It covers more skin.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Would her being black cancel out her political affiliation and result in a fair application of the law in the investigation? Like a points system?

How many points is a MAGA hat worth? Would a BLM sweatshirt outweigh it? It covers more skin.

Interesting train of thought.

If Ashli was a black conservative.........the narrative would be changed.

Not sure how much "traitor to the race" there would be........or much less coverage in general..........

As far as her being killed, not an innocent young black man in the inner city. Take that in a direction.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 pm

MadPick wrote:
... Our position is a good one (riots aren't ok, and if you break in and threaten people you could get shot), and it works for January 6th as well.

Not sure who are you referring to as "our position"? Can we get the full list of signees published? That's certainly not my position! And if you ask me - this one is no good at all.

I'm adamantly and totally AGAINST giving gov-t security forces the prosecutor, judge and executor powers combined, regardless of politics. I grew up in such system - do not recommend. "Law enforcement" is about enforcing the law, not a "license to kill". And if you allow that to happen it is always and immediately politicized and weaponized for power grab.

"Could get shot" leaves a lot to imagination. It's definitely not in the law. Why "could get shot"? By what right? Was it legal? Was it an accident? Was it intentional? One "could get shot" just walking on the street - that is NOT a "position". At all. And if somebody did get shot I expect full accountability, due process and day in court for victim's relatives facing the murderer.

There was an interesting discussion above about constitutional protections of equal application of law. I feel passionate about justice for Ashli - but for that I don't need the whole comparative historical background of who and how was treated. Her case stands on its own for me. Ashli could be my daughter and I cannot imagine seeing that video, getting her coffin with follow up of "investigation closed, no charges" and no, you cannot know who, how and why and why no charges. I'd want a full court proceedings. Anybody who says I don't have that right - can go and **** themselves.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
MadPick wrote:
... Our position is a good one (riots aren't ok, and if you break in and threaten people you could get shot), and it works for January 6th as well.

Not sure who are you referring to as "our position"? Can we get the full list of signees published? That's certainly not my position! And if you ask me - this one is no good at all.

I'm adamantly and totally AGAINST giving gov-t security forces the prosecutor, judge and executor powers combined, regardless of politics. I grew up in such system - do not recommend. "Law enforcement" is about enforcing the law, not a "license to kill". And if you allow that to happen it is always and immediately politicized and weaponized for power grab.

"Could get shot" leaves a lot to imagination. It's definitely not in the law. Why "could get shot"? By what right? Was it legal? Was it an accident? Was it intentional? One "could get shot" just walking on the street - that is NOT a "position". At all. And if somebody did get shot I expect full accountability, due process and day in court for victim's relatives facing the murderer.

There was an interesting discussion above about constitutional protections of equal application of law. I feel passionate about justice for Ashli - but for that I don't need the whole comparative historical background of who and how was treated. Her case stands on its own for me. Ashli could be my daughter and I cannot imagine seeing that video, getting her coffin with follow up of "investigation closed, no charges" and no, you cannot know who, how and why and why no charges. I'd want a full court proceedings. Anybody who says I don't have that right - can go and **** themselves.
I'll sign on to Steve's statement. Riots are wrong, regardless of whether it's a riot in Portland or at the capital. Breaking and entering as part of a riot is worse.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:
MadPick wrote:

I'll sign on to Steve's statement. Riots are wrong, regardless of whether it's a riot in Portland or at the capital. Breaking and entering as part of a riot is worse.

I concur. If rioting is bad when BLM and Antifa does it, it's bad when whatever-the-hell you want to call them does it at the capital. The fact that the law has been applied unevenly doesn't change that. That's it's own problem.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why has no one answered my question?

Are you afraid of the answer?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:52 pm

scrid2000 wrote:

Sure, thanks for reporting. I don't understand what does "riots" part have to do with killing of Ashli? Are you lamenting that not all of them "rioters" were killed where they stood? They all "deserve" to die right there, right then?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Last edited by SurfPerch on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next