Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Waguns stock market thread..... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Any one playing with AMC? I'm late to the game as usual, my friend called to tell me to get in so I bought some. Dude has 900+ shares, his went up 27k on Friday alone

AMC is the new Gamestop

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If i was Playing the market on my own, i would pay attention to Reddit moves. You could make some Money just like Rocket Scott said about Gamestop, they influence the Market and if you get in early there is money to be made.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
If i was Playing the market on my own, i would pay attention to Reddit moves. You could make some Money just like Rocket Scott said about Gamestop, they influence the Market and if you get in early there is money to be made.

I have a "Slush fund" which is money I play russian roulette in the stock market.
In the old days they called us "Day Traders" and you'll never beat the market like those guys can.
But we still believe we can! So I built up a small slush fund that allows me to play the market with individual stocks, mutuals, etc.

In essence, 95% of our 401ks are managed by big companies where we can move money around, depending on the climate.
Wife's 401k is about 40% risk (she's 57, and younger than me)
Mine is about 30% risk (I'm almost 61 and older than dirt)

But the slush fund "Fuck with the market" money prevents me from making stupid decisions with the big 401k funds. :bigsmile:

I use Ameritrade for this gambling habit with the slush fund.

For the record, the best rate on return I've made in 42 years of investing has always been real estate. Physically purchasing homes, or property, and reselling it later at the high points of the market.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not invested, but i'm trying to understand the auto industry right now. Everyone is afraid to go into debt, the big 3 are stacking unfinished cars, waiting on computer chips, used car prices are thru the roof(people being frugal/supply)and they are still trading at record highs. It's a lean/JIT mfg disaster and the only one that was prepared for something like this was Toyota, and for some reason we haven't crowned them as kings of the crisis.

The 2 theories i see is either the dollar is inflating, or we have too many investors that dont know what they are doing.

On the second, here is a good article. I dont agree with the entire thing, but the initial concept is solid. Not a jab at you guys, but definitely some guys i work with.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... es-2017-10

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 pm

shaggy wrote:
I'm not invested, but i'm trying to understand the auto industry right now. Everyone is afraid to go into debt, the big 3 are stacking unfinished cars, waiting on computer chips, used car prices are thru the roof(people being frugal/supply)and they are still trading at record highs. It's a lean/JIT mfg disaster and the only one that was prepared for something like this was Toyota, and for some reason we haven't crowned them as kings of the crisis.

The 2 theories i see is either the dollar is inflating, or we have too many investors that dont know what they are doing.

On the second, here is a good article. I dont agree with the entire thing, but the initial concept is solid. Not a jab at you guys, but definitely some guys i work with.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... es-2017-10

Yeah the used car market is crazy now. 3 weeks ago the trade in value of my girlfriend's 2015 wrangler was 26k, just now she said she got an offer for 30.5k. That's what I was going to list it for sale for wiggle room negotiations

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've considered the economy to be in the dumpster for 20 years so maybe it's bad advice, but looking at the h1/h2(ignoring may 2020) PPIACO and CPI, this country isnt healthy. Any debate to that? Because i really dont understand why things keep going without a significant crash.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I kind of like to invest in companies that match my spending habits. Here are two that are doing well.

POWW Ammo Inc. (just purchased gunbroker.com)
Up 193% in one year

VSTO Vista Outdoors
Up 247% in one year

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Michael Burry, the man who saw the mortgage crisis before anyone else, now says we are living through the ‘greatest speculative bubble of all time."
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/b ... -all-time/

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

get the fuck out while you can.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wilmermj wrote:
MVIS is still strong. I also bought VCAG and GHVI this week. SPACs with less BS attached to them.

I’m rebalancing tomorrow and going to throw money at NIVIDA.
Hope you bought your nvda. Up nicely today

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smith & Wesson just killed it in earnings. They doubled sales in one year. Symbol SWBI
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 15040.html

Full year net sales were $1.1 billion compared with $529.6 million for the prior year, an increase of 100%.

Gross margin of 42.4% compared with 31.3% for the prior year.

Full year GAAP net income was $243.6 million, or $4.40 per diluted share, compared with GAAP net income of $27.7 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, for the prior year.

Full year non-GAAP net income was $251.5 million, or $4.54 per diluted share, compared with $32.1 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, for the prior year. GAAP to non-GAAP adjustments for income exclude costs related to the spin-off of the outdoor products and accessories business, COVID-19 related expenses, and other costs. For a detailed reconciliation, see the schedules that follow in this release.

Full year non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDAS was $366.6 million, or 34.6% of net sales, compared with $92.7 million, or 17.5% of net sales, for the prior year.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
Smith & Wesson just killed it in earnings. They doubled sales in one year. Symbol SWBI

Full year net sales were $1.1 billion compared with $529.6 million for the prior year, an increase of 100%.

Full year GAAP net income was $243.6 million, or $4.40 per diluted share, compared with GAAP net income of $27.7 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, for the prior year.

Full year non-GAAP net income was $251.5 million, or $4.54 per diluted share, compared with $32.1 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, for the prior year. GAAP to non-GAAP adjustments for income exclude costs related to the spin-off of the outdoor products and accessories business, COVID-19 related expenses, and other costs. For a detailed reconciliation, see the schedules that follow in this release.

Full year non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDAS was $366.6 million, or 34.6% of net sales, compared with $92.7 million, or 17.5% of net sales, for the prior year.
Good earnings but what is the stock doing?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
mmalleck wrote:

Good earnings but what is the stock doing?

Stock has been a bit bumpy compared to VSTO, but After Hours the stock is up 38% on earnings news. I own a little, but not a lot of SWBI. I have a feeling that SWBI earnings will drive up other 2A stocks like AMMO Inc. and Vista Outdoors.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see it up3.16% but was down 3.07% during regular trading?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
I see it up3.16% but was down 3.07% during regular trading?

Looks like it changed to up 5% after hours. Typical of the market...

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next