Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Retitled: Rittenhouse Thread. 

SurfPerch wrote:
During the trial the word "vigilantism" was thrown around as an insult.
Let's have a look:

https://legal-dictionary.thefreediction ... igilantism

Taking the law into one's own hands and attempting to effect justice according to one's own understanding of right and wrong; action taken by a voluntary association of persons who organize themselves for the purpose of protecting a common interest, such as liberty, property, or personal security; action taken by an individual or group to protest existing law; action taken by an individual or group to enforce a higher law than that enacted by society's designated lawmaking institutions; private enforcement of legal norms in the absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body.

So it is "absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body" in Kenosha that night, not Kyle, created - by definition - a "vigilantism". And what does it do in such case? "Enforcement of legal norms". What's wrong with that? Long live vigilantism!

And that's exactly why I have flipped the narrative on liberal friends and say that there were mobs of violent vigilante arsonists who crossed state lines into Wisconsin to burn buildings to the ground, destroy millions of dollars in property, and violently attack innocents and good samaritans who tried to prevent the destruction by vigilante mobs.

Last edited by Tod on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:06 pm

jackass wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:
Very good news for ALL of us freemen. Nice to see actual justice prevail for a change. Never EVER should have even gone to trial.

I went shooting today, to celebrate. Started cold with a Bill Drill, and 2x2 Mozambiques. Ran some El Prez with rifle too.

In honor of the Kenosha Mile, one of them was armed...

https://gab.com/Matt_Bracken/posts/107321016817913260

made it to gab

That's funny. I shoulda posted this one too. First shots of the day. Slow!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

‘Boy, did he do good:’ Rittenhouse offered a lifetime supply of gun ammo
https://thepeoplesledger.com/boy-did-he-do-good-rittenhouse-offered-a-lifetime-supply-of-gun-ammo/

Quote:
Nugent took it a step further in the “Rock of Nations with Dave Kinchen” podcast. The rocker said he wants to provide Rittenhouse “a lifetime supply of ammunition” and wants to start a gun training class in Rittenhouse’s name.

“As a young man, boy did he do good,” Nugent said on the podcast. “He knew that weapon. He was a samurai as a teenager that under those unbelievable, traumatic and physically assaultive conditions — he did his job. It was beautiful. I applaud everything Kyle Rittenhouse stands for.”

Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Ooooooo... thats going to trigger a bunch of leftys......
Who is going to be the first AR maker to come out with the KR model?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Psa is usually pretty quick about the trends for new lowers I'll keep an eye out. Hope the safety labels are pedo-skater- wife beater :ROFLMAO:

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

Psa is usually pretty quick about the trends for new lowers I'll keep an eye out. Hope the safety labels are pedo-skater- wife beater :ROFLMAO:
Apparently they’re trying to be careful with this one. Last I heard they’re holding off for now

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:59 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAR84oD

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene introduced a bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle Rittenhouse

Quote:
Greene introduced the bill on Tuesday, along with a summary that read: "To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle H. Rittenhouse, who protected the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot on August 25, 2020."

icon_eek :popcorn:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It needs 2/3rds of both sides of Congress to pass.

It’ll never get through, and she’s grandstanding.

Not worth talking about except it will force Dems to voice a position.

Kinda smart as far as mid-terms go...

Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-introduced-a-bill-to-award-a-congressional-gold-medal-to-kyle-rittenhouse/ar-AAR84oD

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene introduced a bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle Rittenhouse

Quote:
Greene introduced the bill on Tuesday, along with a summary that read: "To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle H. Rittenhouse, who protected the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot on August 25, 2020."

I’m all for what the kid did, but this is just stupid.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
During the trial the word "vigilantism" was thrown around as an insult.
Let's have a look:
https://legal-dictionary.thefreediction ... igilantism
Taking the law into one's own hands and attempting to effect justice according to one's own understanding of right and wrong; action taken by a voluntary association of persons who organize themselves for the purpose of protecting a common interest, such as liberty, property, or personal security; action taken by an individual or group to protest existing law; action taken by an individual or group to enforce a higher law than that enacted by society's designated lawmaking institutions; private enforcement of legal norms in the absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body.
So it is "absence of an established, reliable, and effective law enforcement body" in Kenosha that night, not Kyle, created - by definition - a "vigilantism". And what does it do in such case? "Enforcement of legal norms". What's wrong with that? Long live vigilantism!

“…the history of the United States began with vigilantism.”

Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In China the legal system has a bias against good Samaritan's ( to preserve the govt monopoly on force?). This has stifled citizen involvement in citizens acting to prevent crime or even helping the victims of accident and injury.

I suspect the Kenosha witch trial and the Ahmaud Arbery convictions will have similar affect here.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-introduced-a-bill-to-award-a-congressional-gold-medal-to-kyle-rittenhouse/ar-AAR84oD

Quote:

I get it, he's a good kid, but really, a CGM?

No. There are much more deserving people, IMO.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:

Quote:

I get it, he's a good kid, but really, a CGM?

No. There are much more deserving people, IMO.

I agree, TW.

However, it is a way to fight fire with fire. Massively overcharging him and pushing so hard to convict him was political, obviously. They were going after bigger concepts - self-defense and 2A, normalizing "protestor" violence. If Kyle was convicted, the impact of this case would be felt nationwide. Use their rules against them. Use CGM process as a way to highlight Constitutional rights, 2A, self-defense, and right of people to defend themselves without waiting for government to save them. No more mild sweet reasonable discussions - match them (except we use legal methods).

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:08 am

"Burrow testified Parker was accused of hitting a person with a skateboard, causing a head injury that required a metal plate in the victim’s head. The sexual assault conviction was the result of a plea agreement on an original charge of rape involving a 13-year-old girl when Parker was 19. A 9-hour standoff with law enforcement led to the weapons charge, Burrow said."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-convicte ... 30168.html

Imagine that, having your head bludgeoned by a blunt force object like a skateboard can cause grave bodily injury, and yet the news media tried to downplay this very same type of attack against Rittenhouse and say he had no right to shoot in self defense.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

U of AZ students (a communist student group, of course) demand Rittenhouse be expelled and banned from campus; he's enrolled online.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/he- ... mpaign=311

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next