Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next
 The hypocrisy/integrity thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ranb wrote:
Ted Cruz tweet during California's utilities problems;
Quote:
“California is now unable to perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity. Biden/Harris/AOC want to make CA’s failed energy policy the standard nationwide. Hope you don’t like air conditioning!,”

Texas utilities fail; Cruz runs off to Mexico. He later admits it was a mistake.

I don't understand why it is accepted that "this was a mistake".

What the hell could he have done if he had stayed in Texas?

What happened that would not have happened, or didn't happen that would have happened, had he stayed in Texas?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 am

EXACTLY --- what the hell does a Senator have to do with restoring power??? Isn't that squarely in the governor's responsibility? Anything Ted COULD do about can be done over the phone/computer/zoom.

Where was sleepy Joe?

https://rumble.com/vdysv7-cancel-cancn- ... st....html

Just another slam at republicans....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ranb wrote:
Quote:
“California is now unable to perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity. Biden/Harris/AOC want to make CA’s failed energy policy the standard nationwide. Hope you don’t like air conditioning!,”

Texas utilities fail; Cruz runs off to Mexico. He later admits it was a mistake.

Yup.

He just killed any chance at a Presidential run.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Amongst those who think with their feelings, maybe.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Deploy NG to set up temporary shelters.. They have the equipment and manpower. Talk with local municipalities to bring out buses.... they did that back east during ice storms and power failures, and partnered with the red cross. A couple heated buses per neighborhood, can save lives.

'I'm in my office, trying to find out what can be done, I'm making calls, sending emails', etc..

Instead, it's 'I'm headed to Cancun'....

It looks REALLY bad, when someone who is supposed to be representing, and helping, the people, decides to go to cancun when people are literally dying from the cold.

It says 'I'll just go someplace warm, because I can, you can stay there and die, good luck!'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Deploy NG to set up temporary shelters.. They have the equipment and manpower. Talk with local municipalities to bring out buses.... they did that back east during ice storms and power failures, and partnered with the red cross. A couple heated buses per neighborhood, can save lives.

'I'm in my office, trying to find out what can be done, I'm making calls, sending emails', etc..

It looks REALLY bad, when someone who is supposed to be representing, and helping, the people, decides to go to cancun when people are literally dying from the cold.

It says 'I'll just go someplace warm, because I can, you can stay there and die, good luck!'...

The governor is supposed to be doing those things.

A senator is supposed to make sure the governor gets what he needs, from the feds.

What do we have to do now, change the term to Cruz derangement syndrome?

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

A senator is supposed to make sure the governor gets what he needs, from the feds.

Let me put it this way.

You run a business.

You're slammed. Super busy. So busy that customers are walking out without buying anything.

Your employee decides that he's gonna take a vacation day.

What does that tell you about your employee?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Let me put it this way.

You run a business.

You're slammed. Super busy. So busy that customers are walking out without buying anything.

He works for the government?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Let me put it this way.

You run a business.

If my employee was in charge of bussing the tables, or cooking the food, or waitressing, or is a chashier or salesman, or technition.... Yeah, not a good thing. But if my employee does my taxes... So what?

Cruz is a senator. He has literally nothing to do with the day to day running of Texas.

When the governor decides to take a vacay, in the middle of an emergency, then you have something to say.

Being outraged over Cruz not being in Texas for a few hours, is manufactured outrage.

You are not making any sense, my friend.

You are literally mad at the CEO for not doing the janitor's job. The CEO's job can be done with a phone. The janitor needs to get personal with the floor, using a broom. How is the CEO a demon for not pushing that broom? It's simply not his job...

Cruz wasn't even in Cancun for a whole day, and he returned. Then he apologized.

I think the only mistake he made, was apologizing.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ranb wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Let me put it this way.

You run a business.

If my employee was in charge of bussing the tables, or cooking the food, or waitressing, or is a chashier or salesman, or technition.... Yeah, not a good thing. But if my employee does my taxes... So what?

Cruz is a senator. He has literally nothing to do with the day to day running of Texas.

When the governor decides to take a vacay, in the middle of an emergency, then you have something to say.

Being outraged over Cruz not being in Texas for a few hours, is manufactured outrage.

You are not making any sense, my friend.

You are literally mad at the CEO for not doing the janitor's job. The CEO's job can be done with a phone. The janitor needs to get personal with the floor, using a broom. How is the CEO a demon for not pushing that broom? It's simply not his job...

Cruz wasn't even in Cancun for a whole day, and he returned. Then he apologized.

I think the only mistake he made, was apologizing.

Who's outraged? I think, in a situation where people are literally dying, taking a fucking vacation to Cancun is a douche move. Optics mean a lot in politics, and it looks like he abandoned his people. His JOB to help the people he represents.

A good CEO DOES take out the trash when needed... Look at Japanese CEOs that use their salary to pay their workers during hard times, or sweep the floors when their janitor is sick, etc.

Cruz is LITERALLY a representative of the people. He needs to be working for the people, advocating for the people.. If the Governor isn't taking steps to help the people, then it's his job to get on the governor or whomever else and do his job of representing the needs of the people.

I'd be making phone calls, sending aides out to find out the most impacted areas, talking to gov't agencies about what they can do to help, getting on TV and asking for assistance or demanding action by the governor.. Not taking a fucking vacation.. to Cancun....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Who's outraged? I think, in a situation where people are literally dying, taking a fucking vacation to Cancun is a douche move. Optics mean a lot in politics, and it looks like he abandoned his people. His JOB to help the people he represents.

A good CEO DOES take out the trash when needed... Look at Japanese CEOs that use their salary to pay their workers during hard times, or sweep the floors when their janitor is sick, etc.

Cruz is LITERALLY a representative of the people. He needs to be working for the people, advocating for the people.. If the Governor isn't taking steps to help the people, then it's his job to get on the governor or whomever else and do his job of representing the needs of the people.

I'd be making phone calls, sending aides out to find out the most impacted areas, talking to gov't agencies about what they can do to help, getting on TV and asking for assistance or demanding action by the governor.. Not taking a fucking vacation.. to Cancun....

Normally, it only takes a bit of logic to get you to see what is really going on. Instead, now, it looks like you want to be convinced that Cruz is bad, (A-la "Orange man bad"), and you will continue to beat that drum no matter what.

Cruz's job in this situation, is to make phone calls. He can make phone calls from Cancun, or from Mars. He was doing his job. You don't like that he went to Cancun, with his daughters, even though he could still do his job from there. Cry me a river.

It's pointless to continue this conversation.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Normally, it only takes a bit of logic to get you to see what is really going on. Instead, now, it looks like you want to be convinced that Cruz is bad, (A-la "Orange man bad"), and you will continue to beat that drum no matter what.

Cruz's job in this situation, is to make phone calls. He can make phone calls from Cancun, or from Mars. He was doing his job. You don't like that he went to Cancun, with his daughters, even though he could still do his job from there. Cry me a river.

It's pointless to continue this conversation.

No. You're ascribing motive and malice to a logical argument. I don't hate the guy, I just think he made a douche move and didn't do all he reasonably could to save the lives of his constituents.

He is an employee. He abandoned his duties when his 'company' needed him most. To me, it shows his allegiance is to himself, not his 'company'. You don't keep people employed when they don't act in the best interest of the 'company'..

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently quoting Pedo Joe on farcebook gets you 30 days in the hole :bigsmile:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
FB_IMG_1613783230562.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... and I'm open to correction.. but I' going to guess that maybe, just maybe... Cruz had that trip scheduled a bit before he cold snap became a crisis?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next