Millions in fines for providing diesel emissions delete kits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... ices-fines

No word yet on possibly going after list of customers :popcorn:

Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No mention that the big truck company's are stuck spending millions in near monthly repair of those faulty pain in the ass particulate emissions systems. Or the lack of after market support to repair them. Or flat out non repairable or replacement parts. Got a 2017 freightliner in the back of the yard right now been holding down the pavement for 7 months waiting on emissions parts. 275,000$ lawn ornament. Heaven forbid it gets deleted and goes and makes money. Manufacturer can't gets parts and won't take the truck back. The diesel industry is a mess right now. Not to mention certain states not allowing emissions exempt rigs to continue being tabbed cough cough commiefornia

Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:53 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I do a fair ammount of driving to E Wa.

Been saying for sometime now that the pre-Def trucks/ Def Trucks on the road is 50/50.

Must be cheaper to put a motor in an older rig???

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bullshit part is fuel mileage of emissions rigs.
My 6.7 gets a steady 11.7-12 mpg, no matter how I drive or towing. The 6.0 I had was an easy 18 with all throttle or all brake, cruise control on long distance ran above 25 mpg.
Adding in metals and high parts (sensors and heaters) failure rates on top of basement fuel mileage, goes to show who's in control.

I've said it before, delete if you want, but don't be tempted to sell the SCR, DPF or DOC for thousands of dollars, you are going to have to replace those soon just to get tabs, and the cost is through the roof to replace something as simple as the def tank and pump module.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Bullshit part is fuel mileage of emissions rigs.
My 6.7 gets a steady 11.7-12 mpg, no matter how I drive or towing. The 6.0 I had was an easy 18 with all throttle or all brake, cruise control on long distance ran above 25 mpg.
Adding in metals and high parts (sensors and heaters) failure rates on top of basement fuel mileage, goes to show who's in control.

I've said it before, delete if you want, but don't be tempted to sell the SCR, DPF or DOC for thousands of dollars, you are going to have to replace those soon just to get tabs, and the cost is through the roof to replace something as simple as the def tank and pump module.

I love my 2000 7.3 Powerstroke with a ZF6 more everyday.

Yeah it may not be the first to the top of the hill...but it still gets there every time. And I can work on it. :bigsmile:

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 my 99 7.3 ZF6 has been pretty great and gets good mileage.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:44 pm
FFL / Dealer

Thanks for the public service message. I just went ahead & bought another EGR delete kit while they still can be found.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember when the owner of Spartan got sent to jail, we all knew that the overreaching EPA was on a drive to force compliance of the masses.
Fear not though, you can readily order Chinesium kits without fear, at least until they get a strangle hold on online selling.
Mines still stock, for the only reason that I hate working on my own shit anymore.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never realized we had this man 7.3L diesels here on the board!

My 2000 F350 7.3L gets 20 mpg not towing anything however it's a 6 speed manual and 2WD. I retired it from towing last year at 119,000 miles (upon buying a dually) so its regulated to grocery getting now.
Spoiler: show

Glenn, is that mileage on your 6.7 due to the tires and lifted? It should get better MPG than that, no? I get 18 mpg with my 6.7L not towing.

Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like to say that I miss my 7.3 and 6.0, but man the 6.7 is nice towing distance really heavy.
Figuring when I'm old as fuck and not towing as I can hunt out my front door, I'll trade my 6.7 for a 7.3, maybe even old school idi.

Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]