Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The logo on the tank is priceless

I wonder if the car driver got an "I Got Pumped by Phil" T-shirt out of it

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seeing TW's post seeking mechanical help reminded my of a funny story about taking my old Wagoneer to a shop for axxle seals and dif-fluid...

Guy asked me what I was after...

I told him I needed the jizz sucked out of my ass end and replaced... icon_eek

[uncomfortable silence - irritated expression]

"oh... and axle seals"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Seeing TW's post seeking mechanical help reminded my of a funny story about taking my old Wagoneer to a shop for axxle seals and dif-fluid...

"oh... and axle seals"

Heh.

Yeah, I'm not paying someone $110 an hour to unscrew a plug, screw it back in, unscrew another plug, fill it with fluid, and screw it back in.

I mean, they're only 3 axles, that hold a gallon and half of 80w90 each... :D

Any shop sees this truck and It's $DIE$EL$ and $$MILITARY$$.....

A penguin brings his car into a shop for an oil leak.....Mechanic is a polar bear.... The Penguin tells the mechanic that he hits the brakes and it squeals sometimes and it's leaking something.... Mechanic says 'no problem, it'll take about an hour'... and the Penguin wanders across the street to kill some time and notices a Baskin-Robbins. Kinda hard to eat ice cream with flippers, so it was a bit messy but it was cold and delicious and reminded him of home...

Penguin comes back later, and mechanic says 'Looks like you blew a seal'.... Penguin says 'No, I just went across the street for some ice cream'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a pretty damn good workout that ended with sparring for 45mins, rotating partners between rounds. The rounds were 3 minutes with a one minute break between. During the round with one of the Dutch Kickboxing coaches, I busted my right pinky toe open, and injured my left big toe. My big toes have been an ongoing problem for a little over a year now. No doubt the toe is going to be bruised to hell later tonight and probably for the remainder of the week. Right pinky toe stings for the most part. There was a lot of blood smeared on the coach's shin guards and droplets all over the mat. Good times!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:19 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

"oh... and axle seals"

Heh.

Yeah, I'm not paying someone $110 an hour to unscrew a plug, .....................

A penguin brings his car into a shop for an oil leak.....Mechanic is a polar bear.... The Penguin tells the mechanic that he hits the brakes and it squeals sometimes and it's leaking something.... Mechanic says 'no problem, it'll take about an hour'... and the Penguin wanders across the street to kill some time and notices a Baskin-Robbins. Kinda hard to eat ice cream with flippers, so it was a bit messy but it was cold and delicious and reminded him of home...

Penguin comes back later, and mechanic says 'Looks like you blew a seal'.... Penguin says 'No, I just went across the street for some ice cream'...

Great joke...

No shop on the planet is $110/hr

Dealers are now $225/hr

Was at Titus Ford a couple weeks ago to get some warranty work done on the Bronco.

Service writer was telling Customer, "Yep 40 k service includes Brake flush, Coolant flush, Trans Flush and Differential flush...$1400"

Customer was having none of that shit.

Also Front wheel drive vehicle....so trans/diff same place....same drain/fill.

Also some of the new trans are not serviceable.

Service writer even said no Power Steer flush cuz its all electric....like "oh goody then sign me up!"

icon_eek icon_eek

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shop I've been doing business with for 15+ years had my daughters car in for brake replacement estimate....towards the end of the day she had not heard anything so she called them and they said the car was almost done...she said no one called her with the estimate and he said he was sorry. Bottom line he did'nt charge her a dime for all 4 wheels new brakes rotors the works....now thats service.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
Shop I've been doing business with for 15+ years had my daughters car in for brake replacement estimate....towards the end of the day she had not heard anything so she called them and they said the car was almost done...she said no one called her with the estimate and he said he was sorry. Bottom line he did'nt charge her a dime for all 4 wheels new brakes rotors the works....now thats service.

That's damned impressive!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

That's the law ;)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
codfather wrote:

That's the law ;)

But how can you prove the go ahead was not given over the phone....

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
codfather wrote:

That's the law ;)

But how can you prove the go ahead was not given over the phone....

How can you prove it WAS given?

They would have to prove they got approval.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.71.025

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could have just put the old parts back on and said come and get it

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
What a dumbass.... what did he think was gonna happen?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... instagram/

He lived at the IQ apartments, obviously he had none!!! No fucks given.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
What a dumbass.... what did he think was gonna happen?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... instagram/

He lived at the IQ apartments, obviously he had none!!! No fucks given.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:plusone:

Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Yeah, I'm not paying someone $110 an hour to unscrew a plug, screw it back in, unscrew another plug, fill it with fluid, and screw it back in.

Some rigs dont have drain plugs, so that makes it a bit of a pain in the ass

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Customer sends 2 emails, 15 mins apart....... then a 3rd one 15 mins after that to my boss saying no one is answering her.

WTF.

The kicker is, it wasn't even asking for a response, just 'hey, this is what I found' then 'hey, I found something different'...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 131  Next