Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
Bought a USP9 frame from a guy a while back for a USP 10mm conversion project. He sent me a text today asking if I wanted the slide assembly, too, and gave me a price. I shot him a counter offer, he says he'll sleep on it.

On the one hand, if he takes it, I'll have the original slide assembly, and a complete 2020 USP9. On the other, I'll then have no permanent home for this 10mm slide, which will then likely prompt the hunt for another frame at some point.

You see how this stuff snowballs.

First world problems... :bigsmile: How do you think I ended up with so many AR's? :ROFLMAO:

I hope he takes your offer. :bigsmile:

And an upshot would be that the pistol, while a 2020 model, wouldn't be in a file at the WA DOL somewhere, since I bought the frame alone first.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
And an upshot would be that the pistol, while a 2020 model, wouldn't be in a file at the WA DOL somewhere, since I bought the frame alone first.

Bonus :thumbsup2:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Except you've just blown your Op-Sec :facepalm2: (jk; I won't tell!)

so... moving on:

About every other video on YT begins with an advertisement for the "Starscope Monacular".

A $69 scope (and a 50% off come-on) the thing (pretty sure it's Chinesium) looks to have impressive magnification. But look at the specs and it's said to have 10x magnification.

The ads make it look like it has 400x magnification. I looked/didn't buy, but so much disappointment. I wondered if there was some new tech coming to the optics industry, but I thinks it's all just "color enhancement" (a term I've come to associate with things like make-up on women or air-brushing photographs)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am

Watching Hannity on Foxnews tonight... a commercial comes on... actors - Deniro was one of them - Beyonce I think ??? - and some other (black) dude that I have no idea who he is.... It was an ad for 'Look for a safe building seal on buildings before you go in' -----!!!!
Holly shit ---- now buildings have to be PC/certified/approved!!!!!
I can't believe that Fox would take that ad ---- but I'm guessing if they were willing to pay for it.... why the hell not?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The fuck? What makes a building "safe" in their estimation?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 pm

There was nothing about that --- only that they had a sticker saying 'Covid approved building' or something like that....sort of like a 'gun free zone' sticker.... it was only a 20 sec commercial. Honestly, it was like an SNL commercial with cameos --- I was laughing my ass off at it!!! I hope Fox charged them thru the ass for it --- I can't imagine too many dems watching Fox.
I got a good laugh out of it ---- that may be why they did it.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
I've been mildly entertained by the ongoing Soap Opera relating the story of the reappearance of WaJim's past amours.

Pics, yet, Jim?

Yes.............

30 years

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:42 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Amazon style packaging seems to have caught on with every retailer.

I got a shipment of magazines from RSR today- same effing style of packaging...

Amazon packaging goes like this:

1) Select a box 4x the size of the shipment.
2) Loosely tape the seams on the bottom of the box, like you don't GAF ('cause you don't).
3) Throw the shipment into the bottom of the box with ZERO protective wrap/ paper/ bubble wrap.
4) Shove 14 feet of brown kraft paper or 23 cu ft of packing peanuts into the remainder of the box (sort of).
5) Tape the top seams of the box like you don't GAF ('cause you don't).
6) Act surprised when there is a damage claim.

WTF are these idiots thinking?

Last edited by 3584ELK on Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:

2) Loosely tape the seams on the bottom of the box, like you don't GAF ('cause you don't).
3) Throw the shipment into the bottom of the box with ZERO protective wrap/ paper/ bubble wrap.
4) Shove 14 feet of brown kraft paper or 23 cu ft of packing peanuts intol the remainder of the box (sort of).

I worked a shipping job. I was 'talked to' about how much tape, packing material, etc. costs. Shortsighted micromanaging.

One shipping claim for a lost AR15 bbl cost more than 100 rolls of tape...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm

False economy, for sure!

Why can't they just nestle the product in after putting some packing material in the bottom? I mean, after all, when the box gets dropped- and it will...where does it land?

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:

4) Shove 14 feet of brown kraft paper or 23 cu ft of packing peanuts into the remainder of the box (sort of).

Hahahahahahaha yep

You got LUCKY if you got 14 feet of kraft and jackpot if packing peanuts! Usually a couple feet of paper doing absolutely nothing.

Imagine how they packed a case of copier paper. Or single tiny brown glass bottle of Vitamin D liquid.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got woken up this am to the hotel I'm quarantined in shaking. Had a 5.3 earthquake right below anchorage. Haven't been in an earthquake in many a year, so I guess I was mildly entertained.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

laneends wrote:
Got woken up this am to the hotel I'm quarantined in shaking. Had a 5.3 earthquake right below anchorage. Haven't been in an earthquake in many a year, so I guess I was mildly entertained.

Dang that will wake you up. Small by standards but still.

Didn't know was in Alaska.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Systemic racism in math. So much malarky.

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... nstruction

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:

I laughed thinking of your post when I opened an Amazon package today for something that my wife ordered for my daughter.

First, it was a big ass box. Inside was a crap-ton of air pillows (41, to be exact)...and yet, still not nearly enough to properly fill the empty space:

After tossing those aside, I revealed the item - a set of what appear to be fairy wings, which clearly would have been fine in a large bubble mailer:

About the only thing that looked right on this package was the tape, but I've seen PLENTY of boxes taped like the employee didn't GAF.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 131  Next