Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Bill to Legalize Switchblades 

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... tive=false

There is currently a bill in senate subcommittee to legalize switchblades (described as spring-blade knives in here). Since far less than usual is going to get done (not saying much) this legislative session, and this is something I think most people in this community can get behind, I think it would be great if we used the "comment on this bill" function to express support for it. I used it to reach out to my senator and both reps and it took 5 minutes.

The bill is bipartisan and completely unobjectionable. The fact that we cannot legally buy and own switchblades just does not make sense. Although it's unlikely that something would change this session, a lot of people expressing support might be enough to just slam it through.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Long overdue.
It stood a chance of passing last time, but they couldn't get it on the agenda.
Mike Vellekamp of V Nives has been trying for years to get it done. He's part of the reason it's legal for first responders to use them while on duty.
We aren't likely to get any pro-gun bills passed, but we have a chance to reclaim at least this little smidgen of freedom.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m for it, but unfortunately it will never happen in this chickenshit state.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:13 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Switchblades are like short-barreled rifles and short-barreled shotguns, in my mind.

Back when I was ignorant about these things, they all seemed terribly dangerous.

Now that I know more and actually own SBRs . . . meh, who cares? Why are these things even regulated? Total stupidity.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The military is different. Gerber sent me an automatic knife.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Switchblades are like short-barreled rifles and short-barreled shotguns, in my mind.

Back when I was ignorant about these things, they all seemed terribly dangerous.

Now that I know more and actually own SBRs . . . meh, who cares? Why are these things even regulated? Total stupidity.

:thumbsup2:

Couldn't have said it better. Kind of like CPL reciprocity. Why the heck can't they make it easy and just stop regulating stuff that doesn't need to be. Just think if you reduced the floating paper at the state and Fed level how many trees you would save every year. Where are all the green loonies getting behind that instead of creating yet more useless panels and reports to save some stupid fish that only eat one thing (talking about the Ocras, hey I like them but they are pretty stupid to only eat one thing!) Whatever happened to the survival of fittest argument?

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am
Profile WWW

MadPick wrote:

Yeah a lot of it is just leveraging people's fear of the unknown. Kinda why I try to get as many of my friends as I can to go shooting with me or at least take a look at or watch me take apart my guns. At least give them some familiarity with them and dispel myths that they've heard over and over especially if they've been brought up in anti-gun families. I got one of my coworkers who was/is a staunch anti-gunner to come shooting with me on some public land, and even though it was just a Marlin 60 he definitely realized by the end of it that guns are not scary when respected and handled safely. He also agreed that it was completely ridiculous that a Marlin 60 is an assault weapon under current WA state law...

Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to be tough to get this through with a legislature fairly focused on the budget. But worth a try!

Takko losing isn't going to help - the bipartisan part of this would have been useful in getting traction. Edit - Still got Palumbo though!

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have a better chance of zombie 66 waking up with a 12” dick.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Arisaka wrote:

Do you mean like an upgrade or one of those weekends in Thailand that you don't talk about outside of therapy? :ROFLMAO:

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Arisaka wrote:

I can dream, can’t I?

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Oh, he’s been there, done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Readily and easily available within 5 minutes of the first exit off of I5 after you cross the Columbia. They don't care where you live when you pull out your money.

This is mine

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:06 pm

I believe most would be surprised how many good Washington folks already carry an auto knife.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JamesG wrote:
I believe most would be surprised how many good Washington folks already carry an auto knife.

So true...I can confirm, with 100% truth, that many were traded on the old SGN site.

It's just not a big deal to have one. I'd love me a good Scarab OTF.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next