Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Help settle a debate on General Mattis 

That is pretty much the only time he's gone on record using someone's military career as a POW against them. All the other times has been heresay. Believe what you will....

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm former military and I love Trump, he's the best in my lifetime.

Retired General Mattis ought to respect his commander and chief, something I never understood. However, in the combat zone, senior officers would support wars and continued operations as their rank increased (and their future in the defense industry was secure). This includes employment with KBR after steering lucrative contracts to them while in uniform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiasco_(book)
https://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/lying-to ... rofession/
Someone from work gave me the book Fiasco before a deployment and I thought it was a great book and it was passed around us part timers, and some even bought their own copy to dog ear and highlight. It disappeared when we merged with active duty in country. Possessing a copy was worse than handing classified info to Julian Assange. Serious introspection or free thought is not tolerated while on active duty (see Lying to Ourselves), however it's ok for generals to publicly disrespect our commander and chief in a flagrant manner, who are too many to mention. They would NEVER do it to either a Democratic politician or a Republican toadie.

I wonder what skeletons he has in his closet (it's probably not a prayer one).

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm

So you guys all missed all those tweets attacking and demeaning Mattis and Kelley??

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JonnyV wrote:
So you guys all missed all those tweets attacking and demeaning Mattis and Kelley??

After Mattis and Kelly attacked first?

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
JonnyV wrote:
When he was being asked to attend the 100th anniversary ceremony in France, and it was raining....trump decided to skip it and stay inside and watch Fox News instead. According to numerous people in the room, he referred to the dead Marines in the cemetery as suckers and losers.

The reporting of this incident is indeed a political hit against trump...no argument there. However, that does not mean that the accusations or reporting lack credibility. The thing about him you have to understand is that he doesn't give a shit who hears what...he'll just come out and say the exact opposite 30 seconds or 30 days later, and his believers always go with it. Cult of personality.

Actually secret service made the call that he shouldnt fly in the helicopter because the cloud level was really low.

The only time I've heard of trump bashing anyone in the military was McCain

Somehow every other world leader made it to the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI...the only one absent was trump. It wasn’t just some minor event.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What does that have to do with General Mattis?

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

jackass wrote:
JonnyV wrote:

After Mattis and Kelly attacked first?

Kelley has never said anything negative about trump, and Mattis only said something after months of repeated attacks by trump.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-comments

Kelly’s most stinging rebuke came when he said Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, a key witness in Trump’s impeachment, had acted appropriately when he raised concerns with his superiors about Trump’s July 25, 2019, phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

“He did exactly what we teach them to do from cradle to grave,” Kelly told the audience, The Atlantic reported. “We teach them, ‘Don’t follow an illegal order. And if you’re ever given one, you’ll raise it to whoever gives it to you that this is an illegal order, and then tell your boss.’”

Kelly also said Trump conditioned military aid and a White House meeting on Zelenskiy’s commitment to open investigations that would benefit the U.S. president politically -- a rebuke to Trump’s repeated claim that his call with Zelenskiy was “perfect.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bad on Trump to try to stop the Ukranian payouts to US politicians

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:48 pm

JonnyV wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
JonnyV wrote:
When he was being asked to attend the 100th anniversary ceremony in France, and it was raining....trump decided to skip it and stay inside and watch Fox News instead. According to numerous people in the room, he referred to the dead Marines in the cemetery as suckers and losers.

The reporting of this incident is indeed a political hit against trump...no argument there. However, that does not mean that the accusations or reporting lack credibility. The thing about him you have to understand is that he doesn't give a shit who hears what...he'll just come out and say the exact opposite 30 seconds or 30 days later, and his believers always go with it. Cult of personality.

Actually secret service made the call that he shouldnt fly in the helicopter because the cloud level was really low.

The only time I've heard of trump bashing anyone in the military was McCain

Somehow every other world leader made it to the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI...the only one absent was trump. It wasn’t just some minor event.

Again. SS made the the call to not fly, SS didnt have time to clear the roads he would have been on if he were to be in the limo. The man is the highest ranking world leader his travel conditions are much more diffrent than other leaders.

Nonissue. No matter how you want to construct it

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm

JonnyV wrote:

He is their boss....he can say what he wants when it comes to resigning and or getting shit canned.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:41 pm

If you guys are all in on trump, then it's all good...people should vote the way they want to. A vote is a vote is a vote, except for here in this state. Our votes don't matter because of the huge number of idiots in Seattle totally outnumber us.

Back to the OP's question...Jim Mattis is a hero of the Marine Corps and a hero of the USA. His career wasn't just exemplary, it was stellar. He is the closest thing there is to Patton or Chesty Puller that we have in our nation alive at the moment. The fact that he was caught up with this administration shouldn't be held against him.

No hard feelings towards anyone here either. In the end, we are all pretty much on the same side of the fence, even if there's a little squabble here and there...

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1. Why is Jim Mattis a hero? (rhetorical) Can anyone answer this?

2. Why is publicly saying derogatory things against the sitting POTUS you are serving ok?

Last edited by jackass on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm

What were the derogatory things said by Mattis?

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=What+were ... +Mattis%3F

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mattis ... can-people

James Mattis, who served as President Trump's first defense secretary, excoriated the president in a statement to The Atlantic published on Wednesday -- urging Americans to "reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-mattis ... 019-10-18/

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield ... Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," Mattis joked at one point, in a reference to the medical deferment for bone spurs that kept Mr. Trump from serving in the military during the Vietnam War.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/former- ... de-us.html

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled".

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am

jackass wrote:
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=What+were+the+derogatory+things+said+by+Mattis%3F

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mattis ... can-people

James Mattis, who served as President Trump's first defense secretary, excoriated the president in a statement to The Atlantic published on Wednesday -- urging Americans to "reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-mattis ... 019-10-18/

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield ... Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," Mattis joked at one point, in a reference to the medical deferment for bone spurs that kept Mr. Trump from serving in the military during the Vietnam War.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/former- ... de-us.html

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled".

So then why the hell did he say yes to the job......

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next