Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Was this made by Boeing? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For 23 million you would think they could design a rocket that runs off shit and piss. Just piss or crap in the intake manifold.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, shit.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of boeing waste, when I was a machinist, and during my tool making career, I witnessed so much waste that cost the company loads of money. Whenever I brought it up to management I was told to mind my own business.

This "Blind eye" approach from management carried on to my IT career as well. Spaghetti code written, and used, to modify out of the box software to make it "fit Boeing business needs" that was in constant code re-write, followed by alpha and beta testing before being released to production, which in some cases brought the system down to its knees, with a lot of pissed on engineers after a major block point release.

When I was an engineering application analyst, I got to listen first hand directly from engineers that were fed up with Boeing IT support and started writing their own code in order to bypass the lenghty process of getting code changes into place. I don't blame them, sometimes it took up to a year to make a simple code change that would benefit the engineers on the "shop floor". It was at this point I got my masters in Project Management and started managing the analysts as well as the "Code monkeys".
Application Analysts acted as a liason between the engineers and the software companies. At one time we had over 1600 apps used to build a 777. My nickname by engineers became "Mr. Requirements"

Most of this "Under the Table, gotta get my job done" code written by the engineers was not FAA accredited. When code starts affecting the build of an actual airplane, it was required to be accredited. So, the latter part of my career was taking engineer's "shop floor code" and placing it on "legal servers" as well as accrediting it by FAA standards. My team took a simple approach to it and managers were amazed by what we got accomplished. We'd get out of sequence raises, bonuses, etc for doing such simple things as turning off spaghetti code servers and telling engineers "You're not using that anymore, we'll find you another solution though". LOL!

What a shit show Boeing IT was. Nowadays most everything is outsourced to 3rd party IT businesses such as Tata. And that created it's own shitshow of delay for Boeing engineers.

Our resident Toilet Maker can probably validate this post as he uses a lot of software I used to support, such as CATIA (V3, V4 and V5), Enovia, Delmia, etc.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dunno about the toilet, but this scheise was made by Boeing for sure.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JacdecNew/st ... -houses%2F

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you hear a noise?

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.cnet.com/news/nasa-astronau ... ed-on-iss/

Here's somewhat what it looks like.

Requirements (I'm guessing):
From varying pressure ranges, in all stages of flight, cycle between bleed off air or stored pressure, evacuate human waste from one of 52 sexes with minimal seepage. Collect solid and liquid waste and occasional garbage into container and allow to its storage until collected by maintenance personnel. Connect with on board flight management system to include turn on/off, systems status, fill level, pressurization, maintenance messages. Connect with internal pressurization of aircraft and manage the varying pressure and power fluctuations of aircraft. As per all other government programs, manage safety, maintainability, spread of disease, fungal spread. Operate from -32 to 120 degrees (F). Must not be too hot or cold to the touch. Add germicide (or heat?) to human waste at intervals. Notify flight management of error. Perform self test. Maintain a high level of mean time between failures, since you probably only have one toilet and it's got to be 100% reliable. Recycle liquid waste to drinkable water or at least contribute filtered water to such system. Minimize blockages in system, smell. Operate from a degraded state (due to its lower system priority compared to others, e.g. flight, environmental). Provide minimal user interface to include status, stage of operation, fill level. Minimal use of liquid for movement of waste to include recycling of liquid. Let noxious gases outside.

from a very high level

This isn't a simple gravity toilet with a water feed going in one way and a tank with opening on the other end. It definitely ties in with other electrical, pressurization, and data bus systems at the very least.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:

26 year old 777-200, engine explodes on climb out and it returns safely on one engine. Yeah, i'd call that Airframe some well made "shit".

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
https://www.cnet.com/news/nasa-astronaut-shows-off-new-23-million-space-toilet-that-just-landed-on-iss/

Here's somewhat what it looks like.

Requirements (I'm guessing):
From varying pressure ranges, in all stages of flight, cycle between bleed off air or stored pressure, evacuate human waste from one of 52 sexes with minimal seepage. Collect solid and liquid waste and occasional garbage into container and allow to its storage until collected by maintenance personnel. Connect with on board flight management system to include turn on/off, systems status, fill level, pressurization, maintenance messages. Connect with internal pressurization of aircraft and manage the varying pressure and power fluctuations of aircraft. As per all other government programs, manage safety, maintainability, spread of disease, fungal spread. Operate from -32 to 120 degrees (F). Must not be too hot or cold to the touch. Add germicide (or heat?) to human waste at intervals. Notify flight management of error. Perform self test. Maintain a high level of mean time between failures, since you probably only have one toilet and it's got to be 100% reliable. Recycle liquid waste to drinkable water or at least contribute filtered water to such system. Minimize blockages in system, smell. Operate from a degraded state (due to its lower system priority compared to others, e.g. flight, environmental). Provide minimal user interface to include status, stage of operation, fill level. Minimal use of liquid for movement of waste to include recycling of liquid. Let noxious gases outside.

from a very high level

This isn't a simple gravity toilet with a water feed going in one way and a tank with opening on the other end. It definitely ties in with other electrical, pressurization, and data bus systems at the very least.

$23,000,000 and "minimal seepage"? HA

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In a zero-low gravity environment with a human applying a suction device which may not fit all the way, all the time, and it being taken off before everything is extracted, nothing is 100%. I don't think they will have toilet paper. Therefore having a robust system that can handle less than perfection is preferred. The air filtration will have to handle the rest.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

harleyjasondavidson wrote:

$23,000,000 and "minimal seepage"? HA

What's that smell?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

26 year old 777-200, engine explodes on climb out and it returns safely on one engine. Yeah, i'd call that Airframe some well made "shit".

Yep, that’s on the airline...maintenance issue.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

Yep, that’s on the airline...maintenance issue.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with a Boeing built Airframe. It was an engine failure

It's a common misconception that Boeing (or any other Large Jet manufacturer) makes the Engine's that power their Airplanes.

Blaming a catastrophic Jet Engine failure with a 26 YO Jet on the manufacturer of the Airframe is an uneducated statement. Boeing doesn't manufacture the Engines, the seats, or decide how much leg room you get when you sit your Ass down.

The real story here is a 26 year old Boeing 777-200 survived a catastrophic Engine failure and safely landed on one Engine with 241 Souls on board.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's interesting to note, is 3 years ago, almost to the day, its sister aircraft had the exact same failure...

The one that happened the other day had a tail number of N772UA, the tail number on the aircraft from 2018 was N773UA.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Fuuuuuuck that, over.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I had to drink the recycled piss of the entire team on the ISS, I wouldn't want them cutting corners. :wink05:

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next